over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

insulin and metformin on the same day

warlock

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hello,

Can anyone throw in their input as to how these two can be successfully ran on the same day?

For example, if I take my slin pre-workout in the AM, when would I take the metformin?

From my experience with Metformin (not insulin yet) there are a few things I would recommend,

1. Use the short acting metformin
2. Do not use metformin with your very heavy carb insulin meals. If you eat insane amounts of carbs and metformin, you're gonna have a bad time in the bathroom due to the way metformin works.
3. Use metformin on off days from insulin and lower carb meals on slin days if at all for the above reasons.

Hello,

Can anyone throw in their input as to how these two can be successfully ran on the same day?

For example, if I take my slin pre-workout in the AM, when would I take the metformin?

In this scenario I take it post workout like 15min before my meal. Just make sure you have adequate carbs on hand because you'll need it.

Then I'd take another 500-850mg later in the day/early evening.

In this scenario I take it post workout like 15min before my meal. Just make sure you have adequate carbs on hand because you'll need it.

Then I'd take another 500-850mg later in the day/early evening.

That sounds like a good plan. Insulin pre-workout and the metformin post-workout.

From my experience with Metformin (not insulin yet) there are a few things I would recommend,

1. Use the short acting metformin
2. Do not use metformin with your very heavy carb insulin meals. If you eat insane amounts of carbs and metformin, you're gonna have a bad time in the bathroom due to the way metformin works.
3. Use metformin on off days from insulin and lower carb meals on slin days if at all for the above reasons.

I don't agree with #2 or #3.

Metformin should be taken with the largest carb meals (as long as insulin is not active). If you have to go to the bathroom after, deal with it.

I see no reason why metformin can't be used on slin days as long as it's taken while slin is not active.

Since it can inhibit the amount of carbs you absorb, and make you more sensitive, it would be wise to Lower the slin till you find what works....also remember it takes a few weeks to really start working. So don't get comfortable with the slin and start banging high until you know it's in full swing.

I don't agree with #2 or #3.

Metformin should be taken with the largest carb meals (as long as insulin is not active). If you have to go to the bathroom after, deal with it.

I see no reason why metformin can't be used on slin days as long as it's taken while slin is not active.
Have you used metformin?

Hello,

Why are you insisting on using them the same day? What is the goal here?
That sounds like a good plan. Insulin pre-workout and the metformin post-workout.
I wouldn't do that personally.

Why are you insisting on using them the same day? What is the goal here?

No, I do not know if they should be used on the same day. I am not using slin or anything like that at the moment, but like to learn and would like to gather the information.

I thought I had read that Mike Arnold recommends using them on the same day, but perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps, metformin should be used on non-slin days??

To each his own. I personally like it on the same day. I feel it makes better/more efficient use of the same amount of insulin.

The caveat if you can call it that, is you have to treat it almost like taking a second dose of insulin. You WILL go hypo shortly after taking the metformin(in the presence of lingering insulin) so you should be prepared with adequate carbs.

I don't typically need much to keep this at bay, but everyone is different and I would recommend finding your own threshold.

I use it like that, with additional metformin later in the day/off days to maintain insulin sensitivity, and regulate blood glucose. I have used Metformin quite extensively for the better part of 7-8 years. It seems like in more recent time people are starting to finally see how great it is, especially in the anti aging realm.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity