advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone consume all their carbs intra workout with HUmalog?

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm thinking of starting 8iu humalog (with hgh) and taking a shot 15 minutes pre workout, then having 80g carbs intra workout (intra MD obviously). Workout would last an hour or so.

If I do this, should I wait 2 hours before eating post workout while I wait for insulin to no longer be active? I'm not sure if I should eat chicken/rice while the slin is still active after I've already consumed 80g carbs. I would think waiting it out would make more sense.

Thoughts?

Log pre work out makes me sick.
(Bye bye shakes)

Don't most do r version prework?

Log preworkout works great if you know how to do it. If you don't, don't fuck with it because at the very least it'll make you have a shitty workout. I love Log and prefer it over anything. Always preworkout.

If you're going to be consuming those carbs anyway, why not eat them while the slin is active? I'm not sure I understand why you might not want to go over 10g carbs per IU if those carbs are already part of your daily intake.

I do Humilin R so im no expert on this, but its all about the timing. Mike Arnolds original protocol used Humalog and called for 10g carbs per iu, but you didnt have it all in one shake.

So there is no reason you cant eat the chicken and Rice while the slin is active. You just need less carbs in the shake and maybe add one more shake with less carbs and then eat the meal while its active.

With all slin i tell people to check out the Mike Arnold protocol, the old one for log and the new one for Humilin r. The timing is perfect so you never go hypo.

If you're going to be consuming those carbs anyway, why not eat them while the slin is active? I'm not sure I understand why you might not want to go over 10g carbs per IU if those carbs are already part of your daily intake.

fat gain since the chicken/rice meal is 70g carbs on top of 80g carbs intra workout. I feel like I'd have to take 15iu when I'd rather only take 8-10iu

I use about 10-15iu of log pre wo and consume a good 150g of carbs intra wo. I head home in no rush and get my post workout meal together and eat it with carbs. The log gives you a window of opportunity to shuttle nutrients into your muscles. Why should that mechanism stop post workout?

Log preworkout works great if you know how to do it. If you don't, don't fuck with it because at the very least it'll make you have a shitty workout. I love Log and prefer it over anything. Always preworkout.

Do tell please how to make it work right :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

For those doing Humalog how long after your shot do you start sipping the intra drink?

fat gain since the chicken/rice meal is 70g carbs on top of 80g carbs intra workout. I feel like I'd have to take 15iu when I'd rather only take 8-10iu
Right, but like I said, if those carbs are going to be a part of your daily diet anyway, postponing them for 2 hours won't magically make you gain more or less fat... If the chicken and rice is gonna make you fat postworkout, it's gonna make you just as fat in 2 hours.

Remember, it's not using insulin that makes people fat. What makes people fat using insulin is adding carbs to their daily diet, hence the recommendation to adjust your insulin dose to your carb intake and not the other way around.

Last edited:
10 carbs per iu + a kick ass workout. I'm going to go hypo for sure

I consume most my carbs intra, with a little more post. With or without slin.

I was doing 80g carb intra and 100g carb after anyway. 10IU pre log just made them more effective for me. Less tired/more weight gained

For those doing Humalog how long after your shot do you start sipping the intra drink?

I start sipping 15 min before I take the log. I like to have some carbs in my system before I shoot the slin. I am not saying this is the right way its the way that makes me feel good.

Humalog has a second peak about 2.5 hours after injecting, it almost always made me hypo even though I would consume the standard 10 grams carbs per iu. A lot of those intra carbs most likely get burned up while working out the others obviously go into glucose cells.

I had to play around with it before I got it right. Only eating carbs around workout also keeps your sensitivity high so you may need more than the 10 per iu, just have to experiment with it and see.

I start sipping 15 min before I take the log. I like to have some carbs in my system before I shoot the slin. I am not saying this is the right way its the way that makes me feel good.

Yeah i always recommend to have your last meal with solid carbs no more than 2 hours before you take your slin. That helps to not go hypo, then with log i would start sipping carbs right after the shot.

Sipping them before just to be safe is smart though. Like i said i never took log, but i have read about it a lot. Only Humilin R for me...

Im with Whey2Heavy on this one. I've always taken in 220g carbs imediatly post workout from rice krisbies then about 80 an hour later and another 80 an hour later again From white rice.It's the only way I can normalise from workout in time to take care of my son after school. I love my training and being lean and stuff but its more important that I feel good so we enjoy our time. What I found doing this though it had absolutely 0 impact on body fat levels as I have a 500-600g alowance for carbs anyway depending on goals at time. Because the carbs are already built into my diet adding 15-20 iu humalog postworkout had 0 impact on fat gains and if anything I got slightly leaner due to the improved partitioning effect. I do this cutting too with Absulutly no impact on fat loss. Sorry about going of on a tangent, legs today and im caffeined up and tend to go off point lol. What i'm trying to say is if the carbs are in my daily allowance so long as I don't over spill which I think we're all experianced enough with our own bodies to know our limits then there is 0 problem. It's when people add carbs to cover the slin the problems come in. My carb tolerance is very good though though just take this as my experiance not fact obviously

Last edited:
220gms carbs post workout? I hate you.
;)

220gms carbs post workout? I hate you.
;)

I get told that a lot:D not just any carbs, rice krisbies with golden syrup flavor whey protein and some cinnamon.

You won't get fat unless you consume fat. All the intra workout carbs will be burnt off. You need those post workout carbs from your rice to fill the muscles back up with glycogen. Definitely have a post without chicken/rice meal when you get home from the gym.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear