over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

gh pre bed

vanya

Registered
So been advised to take all my GH pre bed (3.3iu/day). I usually eat even right before I go to bed. does this matter? Like could I take the shot at 9 pm then eat at 930? Or should I eat, wait 1/2-1 hour then take shot?

So been advised to take all my GH pre bed (3.3iu/day). I usually eat even right before I go to bed. does this matter? Like could I take the shot at 9 pm then eat at 930? Or should I eat, wait 1/2-1 hour then take shot?

I always take mine at night before bed usually too. Honestly its because its when I remember to take it the best. I would think eat then take it later.

I was originally told that since natural GH production takes place during REM sleep it would further inhibit natural production to take it before bed. I take it upon waking and late afternoon, a hour before dinner or post workout.

I want to maximize my GH so if I can get an extra spike during REM instead of suppressing it by putting a bunch in there right before REM....

I was originally told that since natural GH production takes place during REM sleep it would further inhibit natural production to take it before bed. I take it upon waking and late afternoon, a hour before dinner or post workout.

I want to maximize my GH so if I can get an extra spike during REM instead of suppressing it by putting a bunch in there right before REM....

Something I ran across when i had the same thoughts as you, from another board:

"Am use of GH is a very good time but not when you wake up for breakfast as the longer the delay before eating the more fatburning you get this is down to the interaction that carbs has on the fatburning process not the amount of cortisol you suppress whilst on the subject how much do you suppress?, as for the night output of GH and you assuming it is 1iu what for everyone? or is this a guess...

now overall GH will be suppressed but this is down to how Gh is administered many like you believe that if you take GH at night you suppress the Gh output at night this is not true in fact injecting at night will not effect the nightly GH output but injecting it in the AM will here is an article about GH timings......it has been cliff noted but you can look up the article if you so wish.

HGH - timing and general issues - interesting findings
Hi guys, just tought I would share some info. I've gone through some research articles on hgh and found one article of particular interest:

"Exogenous 20K Growth Hormone (GH) Suppresses Endogenous 22K GH Secretion in Normal Men" Y. Hashimoto et al. 2000

It is of special interest since the experiment was done on 32 HEALTHY adults aged 20-31.

OK, the key findings which contradicts much of the hype around hgh:

*Exogenous hgh administration (sc) will not supress endogenous hgh production before 4 hours after administartion.

*IGF levels will raise slowly in 12 hours after administartion and then raise rapidly and reach a peak about 24 hours after administration.

*Exogenous hgh administration will supress endogenous hgh prduction for about 24 hours. This did even occur at small doses of 1-2iu a day.

*HGH is very dose dependant. A 10iu dose will give a ten fold increase in peak concentration levels of both hgh and igf-1. Also a bigger dose will not increase the supression time or peak times.

In regard to timining of hgh injections this would mean that the best time to inject your hgh is just before you go to sleep. That way you will still get your largest endogenous pulse, which accours about 2 hours after you go to sleep, and when that pulse is over, a little later in about 4 hours you hgh levelse will reach another peak from the hgh administration. The supression of your own hgh will be finished by the time you do your next injection the day after at the same time, so you will still get the deep sleep pulse the night after.

By taking your shots am you will supress all endogenous production of hgh the following nigth. Forget thinking that going up taking your shot 4am or 7am will help you not supress your own production, you will be shut down for 24 hours.

By doing several injections each day like am/afternoon you will shut down your own production completly(if you do ed shots)

The results also contradicts the theory of the hgh 3x blasting method popular for mass gaining. The key there is to maximize igf levels after training,
taking your shots pwo. The shots is supposed to be taken IM. Well first IM shots is not absorbed as good as sc shots, and you will get a somewhat better peak in concetration levels but a somewhat faster half-life time.

Anyway your igf levels will not peak before at least somewhere between 12-24 hours later and the whole dose will be less absorbed. The insulin levelse from your IM slin shot pwo will in no way have any synergy with a pwo hgh shot, because of the delayed increase in igf-1 levels. If you train mon-wed-fri with the 3x blast method your igf levels-1 will be at top the day after when your not training. It's quite important to see the difference between hgh peak time and igf peak time from hgh administration, as their are very different.

All in all bearing in mind that endogenous hgh production in healthy adults range from 0,5-1,5iu daily(I think), it is not that much you loose from beeing completly shut down. But even at larger doses of up to 10iu it should still be no loss of effect to take your hgh dose in one shot. If you take it before bed you igf levels will increase stadily the day after and be in high concetration when you train in the afternoon or evening.

All this assumptions are based on the article mentioned and there could ofcourse be other exmperiments showing different results, but at least this article have 16 citations(meaning that 16 other researchers have used the results from this article in their own articles)"

Does not matter...pre bed is great.

To plan around a MINUTE gh secretion during sleep is stupid. It's miniscule. Some guys are making their best gains out there with a bolus shot of pharma pre bed.

I like GH split early AM and PWO. I also like 1mg Ipam and 100mcg CJC/no Dac bedtime.

At my age I'm not sure I'm even getting a natural spike at night anymore bt I have always avoided before bed inject with HGH for this very reason. I do mine AM and again PWO.

I use mine before workout and cardio.

I take GH pre workout early am and 1mg ipam pre bed. Seems to make perfect sense to me as ipam will produce GH pulse through the night and during the day I'm covered with my synthetic GH.

I take GH pre workout early am and 1mg ipam pre bed. Seems to make perfect sense to me as ipam will produce GH pulse through the night and during the day I'm covered with my synthetic GH.
How many IU's daily?

I do 5iu pre workout. Been pondering throwing in 2iu more sometime later in the day, just not sure if it will be worth it.

I do 5iu pre workout. Been pondering throwing in 2iu more sometime later in the day, just not sure if it will be worth it.
You should experiment. My #1 time is pre workout, but when bulking I am going to try a big shot (perhaps all gh I'm taking...removing pre-workout) prior to bed. I've been reading how some guys are growing like crazy with a bolus pharma shot pre bed.

The obvious other option is (if taking enough gh)...taking pre workout and pre bed. I'd want each administration to be a minimum of 3iu pharma.

Sounds like a solid plan and very similar to my thoughts for this coming off season. If you start this, let me know how it goes for you man.

You should experiment. My #1 time is pre workout, but when bulking I am going to try a big shot (perhaps all gh I'm taking...removing pre-workout) prior to bed. I've been reading how some guys are growing like crazy with a bolus pharma shot pre bed.

The obvious other option is (if taking enough gh)...taking pre workout and pre bed. I'd want each administration to be a minimum of 3iu pharma.

My personal opinion based on everything I've read, including a study directly on point, is that am/pm, 2x a day dosing is superior to bolus dosing for increasing IGF-1 levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7525120

Physiologically, bolus makes no sense. Wasting gh imo. Spacing it out 2x or 3x makes more sense.

My personal opinion based on everything I've read, including a study directly on point, is that am/pm, 2x a day dosing is superior to bolus dosing for increasing IGF-1 levels.

Physiologically, bolus makes no sense. Wasting gh imo. Spacing it out 2x or 3x makes more sense.

I've felt the same way but haven't seen much to back it up till now. This makes perfect sense. Thank you for posting this GI

I've felt the same way but haven't seen much to back it up till now. This makes perfect sense. Thank you for posting this GI
Except it seems people are growing more from a different way. Some of these people have been using pharma at moderate to high doses for 6 to 8 yrs. I take real experience above all else. I doubt there'd be much variance in IGF between 8iu PRE BED and 4iu 2x a day.

Except it seems people are growing more from a different way. Some of these people have been using pharma at moderate to high doses for 6 to 8 yrs. I take real experience above all else. I doubt there'd be much variance in IGF between 8iu PRE BED and 4iu 2x a day.

I take anecdotal, self perceived, observations of meatheads with a grain of salt. And that's what you're talking about. How many times have we seen "veterans" report observations we know cannot fucking be or make no sense? Often. Dudes saying "I grow better on 6iu at bed time versus 3iu, 2x a day." This observation is assumed valid even though it contradicts a known study and basic logic on what we know of how gh works to increase IGF-1.

Think about it, one pulse over 24 hours or 2 pulses over 24 hours? Which has gh serum elevated the longest? Which has igf elevated the most? Aside from the study, it doesn't even make sense logically that less time under gh serum elevation would be better. There is no "different way" it's working for some. The goal and sign if effective gh protocol is an elected IGF-1 level.

If you take these random people's observations over hard science, I'm a bit surprised in you, Knight9! Contrary to what you say about putting experience before studies, most of these people's own observations are inherently flawed anyway (by their complete lack of understanding).

Last edited:
Why not try both. Can't hurt. I personally prefer one time dosing as I like to minimise jabs.

Why not try both. Can't hurt. I personally prefer one time dosing as I like to minimise jabs.

Because it's a waste of gh. But it's your call, obviously. Body won't utilize 6iu+ at one inject as well as it will spread out over 2 peaks in a 24hr window. I also think using huge amounts of gh per inject is a waste of gh too. The body can only use so much in a given time and it's ability to increase igf-1 is not a directly proportional correlation to bolus dosage used (as some seem to believe).

I have been using gh 3 days a week and peps the other 4. On growthdays I take 4iu upon waking 6iu preworkout and then before bed I do 50-100mcg igf and I can honestly say these are the best results I have ever gotten. I know the protocol Is actually making the difference as I am off all other supps and I am leaning out and maintaining strength. I have natural build of being a bigger softer guy as well. Also No diet changes have been made.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear