over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin Use While Trying to Cut

CockneyBoy7

Registered
First things first.. let me start by saying I am a medical professional that is aware of the dangers of insulin use and deal with regulating patients on different types of insulin on a daily basis. I have heard the wonders of this hormone with claims of 10lbs of muscle within 10-14 days and such. My questions are.. obviously insulin signals certain receptor pathways within the body to go into storage mode (layman terms). if one was to use a protocol that was just a low dose such as 10u of novolog flexpen pre workout with shakes pre intra and post with virago, amino and such would the use of it at this time cause more storage and shuttling of nutrients to take place within the muscles instead of adipose tissue? I am on a cut right now and while I wouldn't really care if I gained a pound or two of fat if i was going to gain a decent amount of muscle I would prefer to have a protocol in place to minimize fat storage. I am not ballsy enough to attempt a low carb dieting with insulin usage as I have seen owners of my patients fuck up doses time and time again without feeding enough food.. the consequences are to dangerous for anyone who isn't a paid professional IFBB in my opinion. This was why I would elect to use a fast acting insulin and just use it pre workout followed by enough carbs to counteract the insulin and enough nutrients to overfeed my muscle cells. My other concern is, has anyone ever ran bloods while using a similar insulin protocol as the concurrent use of insulin and carbs will drop potassium levels exponentially. We use this on patients as a treatment for unreadable high potassium levels that won't respond to sodium bicarb The risk of going hypokalemic worries me! any thoughts would be appreciated guys!! Thanks in advance. My stats are 225, 6ft, about 12-14 percent body fat. currently on test c 1g a week, tren e 600mg a week and var 80mg a day.

10iu is not really a low dose on insulin, but still normal.

Last contest I used insulin all the way until 2 weeks out. It can be done. I did 5iu post workout everyday and 5iu the morning after leg day.

10iu is not really a low dose on insulin, but still normal.

Last contest I used insulin all the way until 2 weeks out. It can be done. I did 5iu post workout everyday and 5iu the morning after leg day.

I was under the assumption as it is a fast acting log insulin the doses where higher as it peaks much faster and a serum levels will drop off dramatically within 2 hours or so. the protocol actually called for 15ius as a starting dose but that seemed high for me so I thought I would drop it to 10

Last edited:
This should help answer your question on the interrelationship independence's of K+ and glucose via insulin. :)

I've never used insulin, I do know a few people that do and their K+ is fine.

Original Articles: Comparison of Insulin Action on Glucose versus Potassium Uptake in Humans

Thanks Stewie, My only concern is that with the up regulation of the Na+/K+ pump I would be inducing a hypokalemic state especially when administering an aspart log insulin on a 4-5 days per weeks schedule. Maybe it is different in humans as apposed to what I am use to in animals but I can use 2units of fast acting novolin r IV given with 2-3cc 50% Dextrose as a bolus and literally run a chemistry panel 2-3 hours later and see a K+ of 17 drop to 9 or 10. I will keep an eye on it and run some bloods during my breaks lol if so I will take some K+ HCl home and run a IV. Ill let you know how it goes.

10 lbs of muscle in 10-14 days? No way in hell. 10 lbs of intramuscular glycogen and water? Yes, that is possible.

Yes, by using insulin pre-training, you are more likely to use the nutrients you consume to power growth and recovery, rather than fat gain. This is the man reason so many people use insulin around training.

Rather than using fast-acting insulin, regular human insulin is likely a better idea, especially for first-time users. It is safer and stays active just long enough to take advantage of the entire training window.

However, don't expect to gain much, if any muscle while cutting, regardless of whether you use insulin or not. Insulin can help reduce potential muscle loss while dieting, and it will certainly help with recovery, but as far as putting on significant amounts of muscle fiber while dieting, I wouldn't count on it.

Lastly, you shouldn't be adding any bodyfat during a diet just because you use insulin around training. With a properly structured fat-loss program, you will lose bodyfat, not gain it, regardless of whether pre-workout insulin is in the picture or not. Of course, insulin will always impair fat loss while active, but you should not be adding bodyfat.

I should have made mention that two individuals I know using slin are also on lisinopril, 10mg bid. As well, otherwise normal renal function.

A possible consideration if you may, is the supplemental use of magnesium glycinate. I'm certain you're aware, Mg aids in facilitating K+ utilization.

I take magnesium daily already so I think that should be okay as in my experience the use of supplemental IV preparations take too long build levels in the body. I am going to check bloods weekly so I'm sure on everything... Do you feel these amazing slin pumps on the first use?

I believe that is totally possible to use insulin while cutting, it just is a greater risk than most people are willing to take.

Not being able to consume carbohydrates while taking insulin and dieting can put you on the edge of hypoglycemia, and not make you feel very well.

Commonly other drugs are added to insulin if one is trying to diet while using insulin.

A common cycle is:

AAS (That do not convert to estrogen via Aromatase)
Human growth hormone
T3
Insulin

The Diet will be extremely high in protein, with just enough carbs to keep you from going hypoglycemic, a glucose meter is the most important tool you can use.

I take magnesium daily already so I think that should be okay as in my experience the use of supplemental IV preparations take too long build levels in the body. I am going to check bloods weekly so I'm sure on everything... Do you feel these amazing slin pumps on the first use?

Yes, you can potentially feel it after the first use, but to what degree will depend on many factors.

slin ?

ive been considering slin use for a long peruid of time. I would like to see someone write a complete break down of the proper use, proper kind, different ways(etc I would want to gain weight) everything in its own section

Well guys I am starting in an hour! This could be the best/worst idea I have ever had Hahahah..

Just a update...checked a chemistry panel at work today and although potassium was slightly low it was borderline at worst... I have been taking potassium pre workout and also noticed my creatine has about 400mg of it in also. I'm going to up it slightly this coming week and check bloods again in a week.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131