over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Giving Lantus a try..

machomadness22

Registered
Ok guys so I have a couple of pens of Lantus I want to try, I know a lot of people say slin is useless without GH and some people say its not so I'm going to take a lot into consideration but I don't have the money for GH at this time and probably wont for awhile anyways heres my plan:
2 Weeks on:
1st week
30iu with 200g of protein 300g of carbs and 50g of fat
2nd week 50iu same diet

I'd like to do 50iu as soon as I can as I've read that's where you see the most results from Lantus. I know its still kind of relatively new so it was hard for me to dig up a lot of info on it. I have a glucometer when would it be safe to move to 50iu after a week? or should I go in increments of 5iu to see how I feel during the first week? Does anyone have any advice before I give her a go? Thanks all

I have wanted to try lantus for awhile now. You are definitely looking at slin in the wrong way with your plans. Plus you shouldn't just up it by 20IU without considering adjusting your diet. 300g carbs is not alot for 50IU slin regardless how long it is active for. Your slin dose should reflect your carb intake though. Slin without hgh is fine but if you are that concerned with possible fat gain your diet is gonna be vital. If you run it and want to move up in dose I would do it slowly.

I have wanted to try lantus for awhile now. You are definitely looking at slin in the wrong way with your plans. Plus you shouldn't just up it by 20IU without considering adjusting your diet. 300g carbs is not alot for 50IU slin regardless how long it is active for. Your slin dose should reflect your carb intake though. Slin without hgh is fine but if you are that concerned with possible fat gain your diet is gonna be vital. If you run it and want to move up in dose I would do it slowly.

Totally agreed its just hard to find first time use info on it I've been reading a lot of guys juts start at 50iu, do you think a better starting point would be 20iu? From what I've read its very very hard to go hypo on Lantus not sure how true that is maybe Ill jump my carbs up to 400g? Kind of trying to learn on the go with this one

Totally agreed its just hard to find first time use info on it I've been reading a lot of guys juts start at 50iu, do you think a better starting point would be 20iu? From what I've read its very very hard to go hypo on Lantus not sure how true that is maybe Ill jump my carbs up to 400g? Kind of trying to learn on the go with this one

If that is the case it is better to be safe than sorry. It doesn't matter if it takes 2 weeks of upping dose to get to a sweet spot. It is insulin so injecting and hoping for the best outcome is not the best option :D I would start at 20IU with your 300g carbs and see how you are for a few days. Then start to move up when you are ready. I am curious how you get on as I don't know anyone who uses it.

If that is the case it is better to be safe than sorry. It doesn't matter if it takes 2 weeks of upping dose to get to a sweet spot. It is insulin so injecting and hoping for the best outcome is not the best option :D I would start at 20IU with your 300g carbs and see how you are for a few days. Then start to move up when you are ready. I am curious how you get on as I don't know anyone who uses it.

Haha ok hopefully some other people can enlighten me on the subject as well

I've ran it before at 50-75. I used it every day and only lifted 4-5 days per week. If I were to do it again I would only use it on training days and use it with metformin

What is the biggest benefit in using lantus over log or R? I understand the spike is more long lasting without the hypo symptoms, but is it going to be a better option in the off season as far as continuous nutrition partioning or would log be more ideal multiple times theough out the day?

I ask because I've only used log and R. I can control R fairly well and I do notice a slight difference between the two as far as using pre w/o, however R is a bit more critical for timing since I have to make sure I can eat on time at the times needed. Log is a bit easier since the spike is pretty much done with post workout and then I eat.

Now, another concern is lantus with fats. I definitely gain fat very fast when using more beef (90/10 or even 96/4) compared to fish. Chicken is inbetween the two. Is it ideal to run much lower fat on lantus days?

You don't hear much about it. Some people swear by it, others swear by log. I guess its finding out what fits you best.. But anyone that can chime in that has used all 3 would be a great help for me.

Last edited:
What is the biggest benefit in using lantus over log or R? I understand the spike is more long lasting without the hypo symptoms, but is it going to be a better option in the off season as far as continuous nutrition partioning or would log be more ideal multiple times theough out the day?

I ask because I've only used log and R. I can control R fairly well and I do notice a slight difference between the two as far as using pre w/o, however R is a bit more critical for timing since I have to make sure I can eat on time at the times needed. Log is a bit easier since the spike is pretty much done with post workout and then I eat.

Now, another concern is lantus with fats. I definitely gain fat very fast when using more beef (90/10 or even 96/4) compared to fish. Chicken is inbetween the two. Is it ideal to run much lower fat on lantus days?

You don't hear much about it. Some people swear by it, others swear by log. I guess its finding out what fits you best.. But anyone that can chime in that has used all 3 would be a great help for me.

My plan for the 2 weeks was to make all of my proteins fish meals like
Cod and 99% fat free turkey for your reasons stated above because I've heard of how easy it is to get fat on lantus . I'm going to make my fats very very low

Started right at 50. I split the dosing like Mike Arnold suggests when I went up to 75. I would do 50 in the morning and another 25 in the afternoon

On days using lantus, it's best to consume a low fat, high protein, moderate carb diet. Getting absolute best results would be to run long acting slin like lantus or levemir along with something short acting like log after meals along with gh. I've made my best gains doing it this way in the past when I was still running cycles.

I noticed a sponsor carries lantus on here so I may give it a try myself in the future. I am planning a big bulk cycle soon so it could be great for me. The benefit of short acting slins is you can time your fats before them. I guess with this I will have to be extra careful with diet. I will still get good fats in there but limit their intake through the day.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear