over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Preventing Insulin Resistance from GH?

Landmonster

Registered
Hi all.

This is a health-related question. This is something I was thinking about, and I apologize if it's been discussed much before.

Here's the problematic situation as I see it:
Everyone is attempting to get their GH levels up as high as possible, using various means: exogenous hGH, GH peptides, Mk-677, and round-the-clock protocols, and somatostatin inhibitors. We know that GH gradually reduces insulin sensitivity. It's becoming easier than ever to increase GH. The average guy can now afford to stay on long-term hGH-elevating peptide protocols.

My question is.... what can we do to combat insulin resistance from high GH levels?

To make matters worse, many bodybuilders who use GH are also eating round-the-clock meals with tons of carbohydrates, and/or using exogenous insulin.

It seems like a bad combination to me, as far as insulin-resistance is concerned.

Are there any easy steps we can take for insulin sensitivity?

Last edited:
To increase insulin sensitivity/reduce insulin resistance, do plenty of cardio, keep clean on the diet with low carbs, only use HGH EOD.

Drugs that increase insulin sensitivity:

IGF1-LR3
TADALIFIL
MELANOTAN II
DNP

SUPPLEMENTS(foods):

TUMERIC
GINGER
CINAMON
OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT
BERRIES
BLACK SEED(negella sativa)

1. IM fasting
2. low carb dieting
3. cardio
4. metformin
5. igf1-lr3

Where have you been, under a rock LOL? It's been discussed plenty of times.

I usually go low carb a few days out of the week. IM fasting works very well too. Basically what any doctor would recommend to a pre-diabetic/type 2 diabetic.

To increase insulin sensitivity/reduce insulin resistance, do plenty of cardio, keep clean on the diet with low carbs, only use HGH EOD.

IGF1-LR3
TADALIFIL
MELANOTAN II
DNP

SUPPLEMENTS(foods):

TUMERIC
GINGER
CINAMON
OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT
BERRIES

Good post JJ, since when did you get into supplements ;)

Do we know for a fact that IGF-LR3 increases sensitivity to insulin? I thought that it was the opposite. :confused:

When should LR3 be used with a protocol, considering it has a long half-life?

Do we know for a fact that IGF-LR3 increases sensitivity to insulin? I thought that it was the opposite. :confused:

Yes I'm interested in this as well!

Im not sure if its a mental thing but i seem to need more carbs if i pin my HGH in the am then slin pre work out. If i pin GH and Slin pre workout i seem to be able to get away with less carbs.

As i did state before could purely be a mental thing.

I do cardio every morning fasted weather im bulking or cutting purely for the health benefits.

I try to plan my carbs around my weights.

First meal after cardio never contains carbs

Not sure if any of the last comments would make a difference either.

**broken link removed**

Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) and Development of Glucose Intolerance

A new study1 reports that, in 615 initially normoglycemic men and women aged 45-65, those with IGF-1 serum levels above the median (above 152 mcg/ml) were only half as likely to develop glucose intolerance or type 2 diabetes as those with IGF-1 serum levels below the median, during an observation period of 4.5 years.

It has been known for a number of years that IGF-1, a growth factor produced largely in the liver in response to pulsatile releases of growth hormone, mimics many of the effects of insulin. IGF-1 has even been used to improve insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance in type 2 diabetics with extreme insulin resistance. The insulin and IGF-1 molecules share much structural homology. Studies in experimental and transgenic animals have shown that inactivation of the IGF-1 gene in the liver is associated with hyperinsulinemia and insulin insensitivity. IGFBP-1 is an IGF-1 binding protein that holds IGF-1 in an unusable form, from which it must be released in order to be bioavailable.1 Experimental data show that overexpression of IGFBP-1 is also associated with insulin resistance and glucose intolerance.1

Interestingly, it has been reported that obese individuals who have chronic hyperinsulinemia have lower-than-normal levels of growth hormone release but have similar circulating IGF-1 levels to normal controls.1 In normals, high levels of insulin (as in a response to a high-glycemic-index meal) would be expected to cause a release of growth hormone, which counterregulates insulin (reduces its effects). However, since chronic hyperinsulinemia results in a loss of insulin effectiveness in glucose metabolism, it may also result in a reduction in the effectiveness of insulin in stimulating growth hormone release. High levels of IGF-1 should, in a normal individual, provide negative feedback signals to the pituitary to reduce growth hormone release.

IGF-1 is one of those substances that is importantly beneficial under some conditions (as, for example, in helping maintain normal glucose tolerance) and detrimental under other conditions (individuals with high levels of IGF-1 are at increased risk, compared to those with lower levels of IGF-1, for certain types of cancer, including breast and prostate). IGF-1 not only has insulin-like metabolic effects but also stimulates cell proliferation and differentiation and is a survival factor that protects cells from apoptosis.2

Sandhu et al. Circulating concentrations of insulin-like growth factor-1 and development of glucose intolerance: a prospective observational study. Lancet 2002;359:1740-5.
George et al. Beta-cell expression of IGF-1 leads to recovery from type 1 diabetes. J Clin Invest 2002;109:1153-63.

Cardio and keeping dieting clean in combination with

Cinnamon
Alpha lipoic aid
Bitter melon
Or
Metformin

IGF1-LR3
TADALIFIL
MELANOTAN II
DNP

SUPPLEMENTS(foods):

TUMERIC
GINGER
CINAMON
OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT
BERRIES
All Good but the most obvious and arguably most effective is Metformin.

Shit just works damn well...

Last edited:
All Good but the most obvious and arguably most effective is Metformin.

Shit just works damn well...

I've never tried it since I hear it causes diarrhea and bad flatulence. I have no interest in being a fart machine, especially while on a date.

I've never tried it since I hear it causes diarrhea and bad flatulence. I have no interest in being a fart machine, especially while on a date.
Some people get it the first few days or week. I never had that issue. Once the GI gets used to it, majority of people are fine. It works better than anything else on that list. You should try it, I bet you notice it's easier to get lean on it too.

It's an amazing longevity/life extension drug as well. That crowd is all over it.

Some people get it the first few days or week. I never had that issue. Once the GI gets used to it, majority of people are fine. It works better than anything else on that list. You should try it, I bet you notice it's easier to get lean on it too.

It's an amazing longevity/life extension drug as well. That crowd is all over it.

I like that it's dirt cheap. It's only a couple bucks a bottle from India.
I didn't know it was for longevity.
Will you look full on it, or does it flatten you out?
I'm on semi low carbs, but just enough to look full.
I don't want to lose that look.

I like that it's dirt cheap. It's only a couple bucks a bottle from India.
I didn't know it was for longevity.
Will you look full on it, or does it flatten you out?
I'm on semi low carbs, but just enough to look full.
I don't want to lose that look.
It does not flatten you out as bad as something like T3 or DNP in my opinion. I don't notice less pumps or flattening out on it. But I'm always taking gh/AAS too. If you use gh longterm, it's something to read up on and consider. Many not even into bodybuilding (the longevity crowd) consider it a staple life extension drug.

LEF pimps it all the time and they can't sell it. That's just how much they believe in it. http://www.lifeextension.com/magazi...veryone-should-ask-their-doctor-about/Page-01

If you're in a gaining phase where you're purely concerned about mass accrual, I'd come of it because it inhibits mTOR. The remainder of the year I'd use it, especially dieting or post gh use. I'm being hyper technical because it's never affected my gains any and most don't complain about that but it's hypothetically possible.

Last edited:
It does not flatten you out as bad as something like T3 or DNP in my opinion. I don't notice less pumps or flattening out on it. But I'm always taking gh/AAS too. If you use gh longterm, it's something to read up on and consider. Many not even into bodybuilding (the longevity crowd) consider it a staple life extension drug.

LEF pimps it all the time and they can't sell it. That's just how much they believe in it. http://www.lifeextension.com/magazi...veryone-should-ask-their-doctor-about/Page-01

If you're in a gaining phase where you're purely concerned about mass accrual, I'd come of it because it inhibits mTOR. The remainder of the year I'd use it, especially dieting or post gh use. I'm being hyper technical because it's never affected my gains any and most don't complain about that but it's hypothetically possible.

What dose and when would you take the met for longevity? And for leaning out I assume with every meal? I have some and ran it prebed for a short time. I do use log preworkout sometimes but I may drop slin altogether soon. I'm on GH peps and AAS majority of the year.

What dose and when would you take the met for longevity? And for leaning out I assume with every meal? I have some and ran it prebed for a short time. I do use log preworkout sometimes but I may drop slin altogether soon. I'm on GH peps and AAS majority of the year.
For our purposes, get cheap generic timed release metformin from ADC. Take a 500mg tablet right after or with heaviest carb meals. 2-3x a day. So 1000 to 1500mg/day. I'd start with only 1000mg. Any gastric distress will pass quickly.

For our purposes, get cheap generic timed release metformin from ADC. Take a 500mg tablet right after or with heaviest carb meals. 2-3x a day. So 1000 to 1500mg/day. I'd start with only 1000mg. Any gastric distress will pass quickly.

So does that mean you wouldn't take it with low/no carb meals? Wouldn't that be counter productive to burning fat if you have to eat it with carbs?

So does that mean you wouldn't take it with low/no carb meals? Wouldn't that be counter productive to burning fat if you have to eat it with carbs?
No I mean if you're eating low carb it's going to work even better. But you definitely want to take it with your larger feedings, regardless of carb content. To me, larger meals usually inherently have more carbs. There is no requirement it be consumed with carbs, those just affect your blood sugar most.

lol @ taking metformin with GH and slin and hoping for effects on longevity...
are you guys serious ? :D

metformin increases longevity because it reduces insulin secretion and mimicks a calorie deficit.

a calorie deficit is the number one factor (besides genetics ofc) influencing longevity.

lets get real here.
youll still live 10 years less abusing AAS/GH/Slin, metformin or not.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws