over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Exogenous IGF-1 promotes hair growth...

johnjuanb1

Featured Member / Sponsor Rep
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
Exogenous IGF-1 promotes hair growth by stimulating cell proliferation and down regulating TGF-β1 in C57BL/6 mice in vivo.
Li J, et al. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2014 Apr-Jun.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE: Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) increases the growth of cultured hair follicles and plays a role in regulating hair migration during the development of hair follicles in transgenic mice. However, the exogenous effect of IGF-1 on hair growth in wild-type mice has not been reported. In the present study, we examined whether IGF-1 was an important regulator of hair follicle growth in wide-type mice in vivo.

DESIGN: C57BL/6 mice were injected with different concentrations of IGF-1 on dorsal skin. The treated tissues were analyzed by immunoassay methods for TGF-β1 and BrdU.

RESULTS: Local injection of IGF-1 increased hair follicle number and prolonged the growing phase during the transition from anagen to telogen. Meanwhile, immunology analyses revealed that IGF-1 also stimulated the proliferation of follicle cells in anagen of the matrix and down regulated TGF-β1 expression in hair follicles.

CONCLUSIONS: These observations suggest that IGF-1 is an effective stimulator of hair follicle development in wide-type mice in vivo and may be a promising drug candidate for baldness therapy.

Hair growth on just your scalp or any were it wants to grow?
That would be my luck- hairy palms and a bald ass head

Definitely interested in this as well as RU58841...Natrol made thread about it in the Skin-Nail-Hair forum here... http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/skin-nail-hair-fitness/131199-ru58841-godsend-hairloss-prevention-bodybuilding.html

There is some great info on this drug. It needs to be sold on research sites in a lotion. ;)

**broken link removed**

RU58841, on topical application, revealed a potent increase in density, thickening, and length of hair in the macaque model of androgenetic alopecia, whereas no systemic effects were detected..." "Together our results suggest that RU58841 may have potent antagonism to the wt AR and could be considered as a topically applied active anti-androgen for the treatment of androgen-dependent skin disorders, such as acne, androgenic alopecia, and hirsutism."

Definitely interested in this as well as RU58841...Natrol made thread about it in the Skin-Nail-Hair forum here... http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/skin-nail-hair-fitness/131199-ru58841-godsend-hairloss-prevention-bodybuilding.html

I asked my boss today to look into adding topical RU58841 to our list of research liquids, but he said he looked into it a year ago and there were too many negative side effects. He didn't go into detail.
It looks good on paper. I would think adding RU58841 to nizoral shampoo would be a winner. My hair is still decent but I would like it to be much thicker. This is my hair from the front and from the top. It's fine from a front or side view, but much thinner on top than I would like.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 319
View from the top showing thinning:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 315
I asked my boss today to look into adding topical RU58841 to our list of research liquids, but he said he looked into it a year ago and there were too many negative side effects. He didn't go into detail.
It looks good on paper. I would think adding RU58841 to nizoral shampoo would be a winner. My hair is still decent but I would like it to be much thicker. This is my hair from the front and from the top. It's fine from a front or side view, but much thinner on top than I would like.

I wonder what sides? Seems like good potential treatment.

I wonder what sides? Seems like good potential treatment.

I'm not sure. It's supposed to limit androgen blockage at the site applied so there shouldn't be systemic androgen blocking. That's my fear. I don't want to block my androgens.

Well IGF-1 never worked for my bald head :eek::D In all seriousness I have barely used it so who knows. JJ you are fine as long as you don't start dating lots of 6ft 2 ladies of the night :D

Well IGF-1 never worked for my bald head :eek::D In all seriousness I have barely used it so who knows. JJ you are fine as long as you don't start dating lots of 6ft 2 ladies of the night :D

Hahaha I like short girls luckily. Actually, after looking at this photo I decided to cut my hair and grow a stubble beard so the hair is 1/4" to 1/2" everywhere like the bad boy look in the movies these days. The only bad part is I have some white hairs in my goatee so I'll need beard darkener. Next will be the crazy blue eye contacts to look like Bradley Cooper, and some reverseage skin lotion to turn young. :D

El I believe you have to inject it in the scalp.

JJ you have more hair than I do...in fact I wish I had that much hair! LOL!! I need to save up for a transplant.

El I believe you have to inject it in the scalp.

JJ you have more hair than I do...in fact I wish I had that much hair! LOL!! I need to save up for a transplant.

Transplants look real good these days.
How much do they run for a full head of hair?

I have a bottle of 80mg/ml 50ml RU58841 and 1 Gram of powder as well from Kane (most renowned domestic source , might be the only domestic source online today) for sale if anyone wants any

Great read thanks, I'm running IGF right now but haven't noticed a difference in hair growth. But fortunately rogaine works great for me so I usually just rely on that

Hahaha I like short girls luckily. Actually, after looking at this photo I decided to cut my hair and grow a stubble beard so the hair is 1/4" to 1/2" everywhere like the bad boy look in the movies these days. The only bad part is I have some white hairs in my goatee so I'll need beard darkener. Next will be the crazy blue eye contacts to look like Bradley Cooper, and some reverseage skin lotion to turn young. :D

I started getting white hairs in my stubble at about 30 years old. I don't mind too much. They make me look rather distinguished :eek::D One of the best things about mt2 is it makes my few ginger hairs in my beard go black. The white have lost all pigmentation so they can't change back.

I started getting white hairs in my stubble at about 30 years old. I don't mind too much. They make me look rather distinguished :eek::D One of the best things about mt2 is it makes my few ginger hairs in my beard go black. The white have lost all pigmentation so they can't change back.

I had a full on ginger goatee years ago but melanotan II turned it brown. I get white hairs in my goatee still but I cut them out with scissors. Pretty soon I'll need to start buying beard coloring. Hahaha :D

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner