over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hgh and sleep apnea

Gymaddict233

Registered
So been on pharma hgh for 5 weeks feel great but not sleeping. This is due to me waking up from my snoring (never snored before hgh) also like gasping for breath anyway if fixing this only thing holding me back really.

I've never had the problem but you gasping for air is because your breathing has stopped. My dad had the same thing. It started after he got on TRT. Used a Cpap machine.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Just keep in mind also. Just cause it started the same time as your GH doesn't mean that's what's causing it.

So been on pharma hgh for 5 weeks feel great but not sleeping. This is due to me waking up from my snoring (never snored before hgh) also like gasping for breath anyway if fixing this only thing holding me back really.

Gerard JM1, Garibaldi L, Myers SE, Aceto T Jr, Kotagal S, Gibbons VP, Stith J, Weber C. Sleep apnea in patients receiving growth hormone. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 1997 Jun;36(6):321-6.

Abstract
Among 145 patients treated with recombinant human growth hormone (GH), four developed sleep apnea (two obstructive, two mixed) associated with tonsillar and adenoidal hypertrophy in three. These four patients had no local risk factors predisposing to upper airway obstruction (i.e., frequent pharyngitis or sinusitis). Clinical and/or polysomnographic features of sleep apnea improved following cessation of GH therapy in one patient, and following tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy in all patients. The present observations indicate that, albeit rarely, obstructive and/or central sleep apnea may occur in children treated with GH. Polysomnography should be considered if symptoms of snoring, interrupted sleep, daytime somnolence-particularly if associated with tonsillar hypertrophy-appear in children during GH therapy.​

Notice while it is suspected that HGH might have caused the sleep apnea, the number of subjects was very small (0.02%). Even the sudy suggested the chance of this happening is rare.

Does anything else we commonly maybe contribute to sleep apnea?

Sandblom RE, Matsumoto AM, Schoene RB et al.: Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome induced by testosterone administration. N. Engl. J. Med.308(9),508–10 (1983).

Full text:
https://digital.lib.washington.edu/...uctive_Sleep_Apnea.pdf?sequence=2&isAllowed=y

Other risk factors for sleep apnea:

* Being male
* Being overweight
* Being over age 40
* Having a large neck size (17 inches or greater in men and 16 inches or greater in women)
* Having large tonsils, a large tongue, or a small jaw bone
* Having a family history of sleep apnea
* Gastroesophageal reflux, or GERD
* Nasal obstruction due to a deviated septum, allergies, or sinus problems

Last edited:
Perhaps because HGH improves sleep? And snoring is sometimes just a symptom of a very deep sleep? Just a thought.

Perhaps because HGH improves sleep? And snoring is sometimes just a symptom of a very deep sleep? Just a thought.
Snoring is a sign of deep sleep? Hahaha ok bro. You obviously have no clue on this subject.

I have OSA and hormones do increase it without a doubt. I know this from personal experience. Especially when I jump up 10lbs at the beginning of a blast, episodes get worse.

Sleep apnea is much more than just snoring. When we sleep, the muscle tone of the body ordinarily relaxes during sleep, and at the level of the throat the human airway is composed of collapsible walls of soft tissue which can obstruct breathing. For the normal person this is not an issue and the most that might happen is a snoring a fe minutes of each night maybe only in certain positions. Those who have sleep apnea, when relaxed, have the soft tissue at the throat completely collapse, obstructing breathing. Depending on how bad it is, the number of times per hour they completely stop breathing can be 100+. When breathing is paused, carbon dioxide builds up in the bloodstream.

I had sleep apnea for many years and scared my wife to death when I stopped breathing so much and kind of flopped around in bed. I slept very poorly and alway woke up with a huge head ache due to hypoxia. When I did sleep study I actually stopped breathing 116 times in 48 minutes. Now i use the CPAP and sleep well again.

Sleep apnea is much more than just snoring. When we sleep, the muscle tone of the body ordinarily relaxes during sleep, and at the level of the throat the human airway is composed of collapsible walls of soft tissue which can obstruct breathing. For the normal person this is not an issue and the most that might happen is a snoring a fe minutes of each night maybe only in certain positions. Those who have sleep apnea, when relaxed, have the soft tissue at the throat completely collapse, obstructing breathing. Depending on how bad it is, the number of times per hour they completely stop breathing can be 100+. When breathing is paused, carbon dioxide builds up in the bloodstream.

I had sleep apnea for many years and scared my wife to death when I stopped breathing so much and kind of flopped around in bed. I slept very poorly and alway woke up with a huge head ache due to hypoxia. When I did sleep study I actually stopped breathing 116 times in 48 minutes. Now i use the CPAP and sleep well again.

Wow u got me beat man. I stopped 42. Started cpap when I was 32. Best decision ever

110% or expect to regret it!

Wow u got me beat man. I stopped 42. Started cpap when I was 32. Best decision ever

110% or expect to regret it!

I agree. Going to sleep was scary for me, my wife was even more scared. Many times she would wake me up because I was not breathing. Now I sleep well and wake up feeling better. I can't imagine how I went so long without the CPAP.

I bet you already had Sleep Apnea, the HGH is just making it worse because you are holding water so it's more apparent now.

My sleep apnea gets significantly worse the heavier I get.

does this happen with HGH when you use it before bed? or it happens anyways if you use it during the day lets say upon waking up and before workout.

I bet you already had Sleep Apnea, the HGH is just making it worse because you are holding water so it's more apparent now.

My sleep apnea gets significantly worse the heavier I get.

Besides high GH levels, other risk factors for sleep apnea:

* Being male
* Being overweight
* Being over age 40
* Having a large neck size (17 inches or greater in men and 16 inches or greater in women)

I am going to guess if you already have a few of these risk factors adding HGH is definitely going to cause sleep apnea. In my case I already had every one of the above listed risk factors. Probably not many of that are not considered "over weight" and probably most of us have a 17" neck or larger, then add being male. There are three risk factors right there.

Besides high GH levels, other risk factors for sleep apnea:

* Being male
* Being overweight
* Being over age 40

I am going to guess if you already have a few of these risk factors adding HGH is definitely going to cause sleep apnea. In my case I already had every one of the above listed risk factors. Probably not many of that are not considered "over weight" and probably most of us have a 17" neck or larger, then add being male. There are three risk factors right there.
I have several of these factors and was diagnosed with OSA, I actually lately haven't been wearing my mask and the last few days I have woke up feeling lethargic. My setting almost maxes out my machine capabilities, pressure is at 17.

NO WORRY

NO WORRY, PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT SIDE EFFECTS FOR HGH.

:headbang:

I think my neck is now 22"...1" bigger than my Arms.lol
I could not get used to the cpap even after 4 yrs. I now use a mouthpiece w- better success.

I've never had the problem but you gasping for air is because your breathing has stopped. My dad had the same thing. It started after he got on TRT. Used a Cpap machine.

does it work?

Man I've got to get that sleep study done. I hold my breath in sleep up to a minute sometimes. The wife will actually wake me sometimes. I've hurd a bunch of people say it's life changing. Better sleep wake up refreshed no more headaches.

GrAnabolic.is
[email protected]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws