over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Melatonin + MK 677

RAdit

Newbies
Hello guys,

I will take about 10mg(is it too much) Melatonin since it inhibits somatostatin and the sudies shows it increases IGF-1. My question is, it does have a very short half life, so should i be take it together with MK-677? Or can i take them separately?

Thanks

I would stick to just before bed otherwise your be screwing up your Circadian rhythms( sleep wake cycle). Melatonin recommend dose is normally between 3-9mg. Try enhanced MK by ma labs it contains a stamostation inhibitor.

There is no interaction, you can take them as you please. I wouldn't recommend melatonin during the day because it will make you sleepy. MK677 can make you lethargic as well so I recommend taking it couple hrs before bed. Somatostatin inhibition isn't going to affect MK677 either way since it works regardless of somatostatin levels. If you were using a GHRH I would say maybe a somatostatin inhibitor can help, but using one with MK677 is like pissing in the ocean. Doesn't hurt though I guess, especially if you are using the melatonin for sleep purposes. Better sleep can only help the situation.

Last edited:
I would stick to just before bed otherwise your be screwing up your Circadian rhythms( sleep wake cycle). Melatonin recommend dose is normally between 3-9mg. Try enhanced MK by ma labs it contains a stamostation inhibitor.

Stamostation inhibitor.....does that inhibit John Stamos? 😂😂😂

There is no interaction, you can take them as you please. I wouldn't recommend melatonin during the day because it will make you sleepy. MK677 can make you lethargic as well so I recommend taking it couple hrs before bed. Somatostatin inhibition isn't going to affect MK677 either way since it works regardless of somatostatin levels. If you were using a GHRH I would say maybe a somatostatin inhibitor can help, but using one with MK677 is like pissing in the ocean. Doesn't hurt though I guess, especially if you are using the melatonin for sleep purposes. Better sleep can only help the situation.
What kind of Somasatin inhibitor would you suggest when taking ghrp-6? Or is it even necessary?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What kind of Somasatin inhibitor would you suggest when taking ghrp-6? Or is it even necessary?

Not necessary, see attached. The gh secretagogues (GHS), which included GHRPs and MK677, are not inhibited by somatostatin. They actually are believed to inhibit it's effects. See highlights. However, somatostatin does affect GHRH mechanisms so inhibitors may help with GHRH use. I wouldn't worry about inhibiting somatostatin, I would make sure to use a GHS and add the GHRH to amplify the effects. That's been the proper protocol for years now with plenty reporting an increase in effects by combining them.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,490
Not necessary, see attached. The gh secretagogues (GHS), which included GHRPs and MK677, are not inhibited by somatostatin. They actually are believed to inhibit it's effects. See highlights. However, somatostatin does affect GHRH mechanisms so inhibitors may help with GHRH use. I wouldn't worry about inhibiting somatostatin, I would make sure to use a GHS and add the GHRH to amplify the effects. That's been the proper protocol for years now with plenty reporting an increase in effects by combining them.
Thank you brother I see it said something about alprazolam and can inhibit GH release when using hexerlin. I am prescribed .5 mg of Alprazolam twice a day. This will not affect my mk-677 or ghrp-6 correct? Even though I mainly using did you eat ghrp6 for appetite purposes..

Thank you brother I see it said something about alprazolam and can inhibit GH release when using hexerlin. I am prescribed .5 mg of Alprazolam twice a day. This will not affect my mk-677 or ghrp-6 correct? Even though I mainly using did you eat ghrp6 for appetite purposes..

I don't know brother. I know very little about benzos. If you are getting the effects then I wouldn't worry about it, but if you are taking it and not experiencing the sides of elevated GH and IGF then it is warranted to look into it further.

1mg spread throughout the day would have little to no effect on inhibiting gh release.

Thank you for your replies.

So it useless to take a somatostatin inhibitor with MK-677? There will be no difference whatsoever?

And i also believe that Melatonin is safe to take?

Brother, I don't think you understand the relationship between MK-677 and somatostatin, or how somatostatin works. Somatostatin's function is to STOP growth hormone from being released. The higher somatostatin levels are, the less GH the body secretes and the lower GH levels are. Therefore, by inhibiting somatostatin, the inhibitory influence is reduced and GH levels go up.

So, regardless of whether someone is using a GHRH, GHRP, or anything else, if somatostatin is further inhibited, GH levels will continue to rise. The only time additional somatostatin inhibition would not work to increase GH levels is if somatostatin was already fully inhibited, but this does not happen when using MK-677...so it stands to reason that additional somatostatin inhibition would produce an additional increase in GH levels.

So, when you make comments such as "GHRP's and MK-677 is not inhibited by somatostatin", is makes me realize you don't understand what somatostatin is, how it works, or what its relationship to GH releasing agents is. Of course MK is not "inhibited by somatostatin". Somatostatin doesn't inhibit ANY of the GH releasers, as it doesn't have any affect any of the GH releasers. It works independently. Somatostatin is simply a hormone that tells the body to slow down GH release.

I tried to explain this to you before, but I'm not sure if you read it.

As far as combining a GHRH and a GHRP/GHS together...of course that will further boost GH levels. Like you said, we have known that for years, but that is irrelevant to his subject, as we are talking about stimulating GH release through additional somatostatin inhibition.

Last edited:
On another note, melatonin has been shown to increase IGFBP-3 levels in the body, which further increases the bioavailability and active life of IGF-1. Anything which can further increase IGFBP-3 levels is a good thing...and many therapeutic treatments involve the concomitant administration of both IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 elevating agents, as it results is further stabilization of IGF-1 levels and increased effectiveness through the mechanisms listed above.

Furthermore, melatonin was actually shown just recently, in a clinical study, to cause significant both muscle growth and fat loss (several pounds) within just a few months when taken daily before bed. It appears that melatonin either enhances the growth and fat loss process through unknown mechanisms, or plays a much stronger role than previously thought through known mechanisms.

I think melatonin is an excellent choice to combine with MK-677. It is cheap and there is solid clinical evidence backing it up its effectiveness for both GH, IGF-1, and IGFBP-3 elevation, as well as studies showing significant increases in muscle growth and fat loss in "un-trained" individuals within a short period of time (6 months, I think). If it can cause those effects in un-trained individuals, it stands to reason that results would be more pronounced in those who train, due to the addition of a growth stimulus (e.g training).

There are a LOT of factors involved in not just how high GH and IGF-1 levels rise, but in how well the body can use those hormones to build muscle and increase fat loss. Using MK-677 alone is NOT the best way to manipulate GH and IGF-1 for our purposes. Anyone who has done any in depth research on this subject will quickly find that there are many factors that play a role in our ability to take advantage of the GH/IGF-1 system.

Last edited:
10mg Sublingual Melatonin

10mg Sublingual Melatonin 30min before doing mk-677 or CJC-DAC before bed helped me sleep better and deeper, and wake up less.

MK-677 or CJC-DAC before bed alone - I sleep and dream deep but wake up alot and bit restless during sleep. With Melatonin combined - I get a better overall sleep. I also "seemed" to get more numbness in hands.

As far as the Xanax comment I have read that Xanax can interfere with your body going into R.E.M. But not only does REM not matter as recent studies have shown that stage of sleep isn't necessarily as important as once thought but I haven't seen any research showing that can affect GH levels and if you did it seems logical to think that would only occur with natural GH levels.

Brother, I don't think you understand the relationship between MK-677 and somatostatin, or how somatostatin works. Somatostatin's function is to STOP growth hormone from being released. The higher somatostatin levels are, the less GH the body secretes and the lower GH levels are. Therefore, by inhibiting somatostatin, the inhibitory influence is reduced and GH levels go up.

So, regardless of whether someone is using a GHRH, GHRP, or anything else, if somatostatin is further inhibited, GH levels will continue to rise. The only time additional somatostatin inhibition would not work to increase GH levels is if somatostatin was already fully inhibited, but this does not happen when using MK-677...so it stands to reason that additional somatostatin inhibition would produce an additional increase in GH levels.

So, when you make comments such as "GHRP's and MK-677 is not inhibited by somatostatin", is makes me realize you don't understand what somatostatin is, how it works, or what its relationship to GH releasing agents is. Of course MK is not "inhibited by somatostatin". Somatostatin doesn't inhibit ANY of the GH releasers, as it doesn't have any affect any of the GH releasers. It works independently. Somatostatin is simply a hormone that tells the body to slow down GH release.

I tried to explain this to you before, but I'm not sure if you read it.

As far as combining a GHRH and a GHRP/GHS together...of course that will further boost GH levels. Like you said, we have known that for years, but that is irrelevant to his subject, as we are talking about stimulating GH release through additional somatostatin inhibition.

Mike, with all due respect, I don't want to argue about this again and I think you are undermining my understanding. Let's take a step back. Stimulation (GHRH) and inhibition (somatostatin) of GH release happens at the somatotropes. Did you miss what I posted? Growth Hormone Secretagogues antagonize somatostatinergic activity at the somatotropes. Meaning, they stimulated the somatotropes and stopped somatostatin from doing its thing. This has been documented in several studies, the research I posted is based on 100s of studies related to GH secretagogues. Matter of fact, even when they administered high doses of exogenous somatostatin (SS), the release was only inhibited some and not completely blunted when using peps. Then again, no one should have high levels of somatostatin naturally occurring so it isn't an issue for us.

Screenshot_20170127-181819.jpg

Another part I don't agree with. Sure in patients acremology, any inhibition of somatostatin raises levels of GH. But that's not the case with normal healthy individuals, somatostatin inhibition doesn't mean GH release. Stimulation of the somatotropes does. Just saying inhibit somatostatin further means more GH release is not true, it's also not true to "fully" inhibit it nor would you want to as it has other actions in the body. This is not cut and dry as you know.

Last edited:
On another note, melatonin has been shown to increase IGFBP-3 levels in the body, which further increases the bioavailability and active life of IGF-1. Anything which can further increase IGFBP-3 levels is a good thing...and many therapeutic treatments involve the concomitant administration of both IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 elevating agents, as it results is further stabilization of IGF-1 levels and increased effectiveness through the mechanisms listed above.

Furthermore, melatonin was actually shown just recently, in a clinical study, to cause significant both muscle growth and fat loss (several pounds) within just a few months when taken daily before bed. It appears that melatonin either enhances the growth and fat loss process through unknown mechanisms, or plays a much stronger role than previously thought through known mechanisms.

I think melatonin is an excellent choice to combine with MK-677. It is cheap and there is solid clinical evidence backing it up its effectiveness for both GH, IGF-1, and IGFBP-3 elevation, as well as studies showing significant increases in muscle growth and fat loss in "un-trained" individuals within a short period of time (6 months, I think). If it can cause those effects in un-trained individuals, it stands to reason that results would be more pronounced in those who train, due to the addition of a growth stimulus (e.g training).

There are a LOT of factors involved in not just how high GH and IGF-1 levels rise, but in how well the body can use those hormones to build muscle and increase fat loss. Using MK-677 alone is NOT the best way to manipulate GH and IGF-1 for our purposes. Anyone who has done any in depth research on this subject will quickly find that there are many factors that play a role in our ability to take advantage of the GH/IGF-1 system.
MK677 increases IGFBP3 on its own. What was the percentage in rise from melatonin? We need the numbers, without the numbers we wouldn't be able to debunk all the crap supp companies push on us. Crap like 100% increase when GH levels went from 0.1 to 0.2 on a scale of 10 (insignificant in the real scheme of things) using arginine or something lol. This is how supp companies have been ripping people off for years, twisting facts and numbers.

There's a late night ad on TV selling what they call an OTC GH supp. I looked into it out of curiosity, all it was is arginine lol. Yet they have thousands of women purchasing it thinking they are going to get the anti-aging effects of HGH.

There's a late night ad on TV selling what they call an OTC GH supp. I looked into it out of curiosity, all it was is arginine lol. Yet they have thousands of women purchasing it thinking they are going to get the anti-aging effects of HGH.

Serovital. I work nights and see it constantly. Cracks me up. They advertise it has real hgh lol

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws