over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Reconstitution: The easiest way to understand it

DatBtrue

Kilo Klub Member
I use to get asked a question either here or on another board about reconstitution at least once a day so...

...here is THE easiest way to think about any of this stuff.

1. Divide the total mgs of the powder in the vial by the amount you want an individual dose to be. That gives you the total number of doses available per vial. So for example if you want a 100mcg dose and the vial is 5mgs:

So 5mg (5000mcg) divided by 100mcg = 50 doses per vial.​

2. Now no matter how much liquid you add you will always use 1/50th of the liquid for each dose (if you want a 100mcg dose)

So if you added 100 gallons of BW to 5mg of powder your dose is going to be 2 gallons (1/50th of 100 gallons).

If you add 1ml of BW your dose will be 1/50th of 1ml which equals 2iu on a slin pin. Why 2iu? ...because 100iu is 1 CC which equals 1ml. 100iu divided by 1/50th equals 2iu.

The amount of liquid NEVER matters. It is the amount of powder that is in the liquid that matters. That is the concentration. You could have a teeny tiny bit in a 100 gallon drum of liquid OR a whole bunch in a shot glass.

If you reconstitute that 5mg vial w/ 1ml of BW then a 100mcg dose equals 2iu (1/50th of 1ml).

If instead you decide to reconstitute that 5mg vial w/ 2ml of BW then a 100mcg dose equals 4iu (1/50th of 2ml).​
Very simple.

Last edited:
I use to get asked a question either here or on another board about reconstitution at least once a day so...

...here is THE easiest way to think about any of this stuff.

1. Divide the total mgs of the powder in the vial by the amount you want an individual dose to be. That gives you the total number of doses available per vial. So for example if you want a 100mcg dose and the vial is 5mgs:

So 5mg (5000mcg) divided by 100mcg = 50 doses per vial.​

2. Now no matter how much liquid you add you will always use 1/50th of the liquid for each dose (if you want a 100mg dose)

So if you added 100 gallons of BW to 5mg of powder your dose is going to be 2 gallons (1/50th of 100 gallons).

If you add 1ml of BW your dose will be 1/50th of 1ml which equals 2iu on a slin pin. Why 2iu? ...because 100iu is 1 CC which equals 1ml. 100iu divided by 1/50th equals 2iu.

The amount of liquid NEVER matters. It is the amount of powder that is in the liquid that matters. That is the concentration. You could have a teeny tiny bit in a 100 gallon drum of liquid OR a whole bunch in a shot glass.

If you reconstitute that 5mg vial w/ 1ml of BW then a 100mg dose equals 2iu (1/50th of 1ml).

If instead you decide to reconstitute that 5mg vial w/ 2ml of BW then a 100mg dose equals 4iu (1/50th of 2ml).​
Very simple.

Wow, this is still an issue, even after all you and who knows how many others have posted on this.

The variable is the volume of diluent (BW, Acetic Acid, whatever). The weight of poweder (1mg, 5g, 2kg, etc) is static (will NOT change). You have a given amount of solid in a vial. You can though, vary how much liquid you add to that vial.

If anyone would like a simple calculator to use, PM me. I use it often to mess around w/peptide concentrations and whatnot. Pretty helpful, IMO.

Dat, do you use 1mL BW for GRF (1mg) & GHRP (5mg)? :)

Did you permanently ditch AM? :(

My buds are missing..Bob, Pumb, you.....I might have to setup camp here! :p

Reconstitution Math Question (s)

If you take 2mls and add it to 2mgs of powder, there is still only 2mls of fluid volume? Obviously I'm not a chemist, but I would think the total volume of 2mls fluid + 2mgs of powder would be greater than 2mls. Or does the 2mgs of powder 100% dissolve and just make the 2mls of water more concentrated?

I also have a click on the needle question. How many clicks does a 1cc needle have? 10 or 100? When Dat speaks of 4 clicks is that 4% of a 1cc syringe or 40%?

Last edited:
I also have a click on the needle question. How many clicks does a 1cc needle have? 10 or 100? When Dat speaks of 4 clicks is that 4% of a 1cc syringe or 40%?[/

i was wondering the same thing.can some one confirm this

A 1cc slin pin has 100 ticks. A "tick" is referred to as one IU. Here:

1cc=1ml=100IU=100Ticks

Thanks

So 4 clicks on a 100 pin is extremely small. Is it tough to accurately draw that out?

So 4 clicks on a 100 pin is extremely small. Is it tough to accurately draw that out?

If you don't have a nervous twitch or anything like that, you can draw out 1 tick if you like. I have done that....no big deal. But I'm like Superman...sooo. ;)

Pretty much so. No need to drive traffic to a board that has no appreciation for me. :rolleyes:

I have a lot of respect for Big A, the mods here and the members and I ENJOY this site. I wasn't enjoying AM. So this is where my thread is and will always be...

Bob & Pum spend time at hyuuge. You can probably find them there as well as Bob's cut & paste of some of my posts from here.

Send me a PM and let me know how things are going w/ your tests.

I had similar experiences over there in the past.

The MODS are a bunch of jackasses.

triathloncoach; said:
If you take 2mls and add it to 2mgs of powder, there is still only 2mls of fluid volume? Obviously I'm not a chemist, but I would think the total volume of 2mls fluid + 2mgs of powder would be greater than 2mls. Or does the 2mgs of powder 100% dissolve and just make the 2mls of water more concentrated?

No there is displacement. That is not taken into account in our scenario.

For all intents and purposes it is of no consequence.

triathloncoach; said:
I also have a click on the needle question. How many clicks does a 1cc needle have? 10 or 100? When Dat speaks of 4 clicks is that 4% of a 1cc syringe or 40%?

On a 1cc syringe (100iu) each mark represents 2iu. The reason is that they could not get 100 marks on such a tiny barrel. Every 10 iu they write the number:

-
-
-
-

On a .5cc syringe (50iu) each mark represents 1iu. The reason is that they can get 50 marks on the tiny barrel. Every 10 iu they write the number:

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Reconstitution - Thanks Dat

Thanks for making it extra clear for a slow poke like me. I just received my CJC and G6. Now I'm waiting for the bacteriostatic water (which I guess you can't buy at rite aid) and I'm gonna roll.

thank you Dat

in the us heres a great deal on bac water **broken link removed**

thanks for the post, good read

ok so...

late question. i got 100 iu kit, 10 amps, 10 iu per amp.
so i add 1 ml of BA water to one amp. When i draw to 20 on my slin pin, thats 2 iu, right?
Just checking my math :)

I'm a very visual person. This is kinda specific to my doses, but the idea can be used to calculate your own. In my mind, this leaves no room for error. "Units" are ticks on syringe (100 ticks per ML). Hope this helps.

Attachments

• dosage01.jpg
    dosage01.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 3,240

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member