over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

converting mg to ius

bigcats

Registered
I just got my humatrope hgh from my doctor.I need to know how to convert mg to ius.I have a 6mg cartridge how many ius is that.What does 1mg represent .thanks.doctor on vaction till end of next week.

I just got my humatrope hgh from my doctor.I need to know how to convert mg to ius.I have a 6mg cartridge how many ius is that.What does 1mg represent .thanks.doctor on vaction till end of next week.

1mg=2.7IU

Thanks for replying ,much appreciated to any one who responds.

Eli Lilly's Humatrope uses the standard 1mg=3iu calculation, just as other brands of pharma HGH.

According to Lilly:

Cartridges of Humatrope contain either 6 mg (18 IU), 12 mg (36 IU), or 24 mg (72 IU) of somatropin.

I know there is confusion and many numbers thrown out like 2.7iu=1mg, however the official standard has not been changed.

you cannot make a GENERAL statement that is valid for all conversions between iu and mg. allow me to explain

a mg is 1/1000 of a gram. a gram is 1/1000 of a kilogram. a kilogram is a base unit of the international system of units (SI).

in SI there are 7 base units of standardized measurement:
metre (m) length
kilogram (kg) mass
second (s) time
ampere (A) electric current
kelvin (K) thermodynamic temperature
candela (cd) luminous intensity
mole (mol) amount of substance

these units are valid for all things that exist, for example a mg of plutonium weighs the same as a mg of water which weighs the same as a mg of GH

an iu is NOT a standardized measurement!!!!!! in fact its only used to measure specific substances - blood products, medications, vitamins, hormones, vaccines, and similar biologically active substances are all things that can be measured with iu's

also the iu measures the amount of these substances based on measured biological activity or effect, thus the lack of standardization.

one person says they read that 1 mg=2.7iu, another that 1mg=3iu - BOTH ARE CORRECT!!! it depends on the biological activity of the substance being measured. the humatrope is very high quality (biologically active) and for it, 1mg=3iu. another brand of GH may be a little less biologically active and for it 1mg=2.7iu. once again both are correct and these are not the only possible amounts. for another substance 1mg might be 3.5iu, or 2iu, etc...

Fact is that, simplicity in conversion had to be prioritized to couple the dynamic measurement of biological activity to unit of measure (mass). Having USP products potency adhere as closely to these standards as possible allows this standard to work out.
Of course once you stray from these USP standards to lesser quality products, the calculation margin changes drastically, thus a higher mg amount of lower quality product may be needed to evoke an equal "iu" of biological activity as compared to a USP product.

Anyhow, my point was merely, that the current adopted standard by US pharmacopia is 1mg=3iu, that is the way it is.
The pharmacological industry needs to simplify all of the variables or things become much to complex.

It's by this standard that Lilly (Humatrope), Pfizer (Genotropin), Serono (Saizen), Genentech (Nutropin), etc. have adopted their conversions, and in the end it's what gets printed on all these product's labels, regardless, of what you or I may want otherwise.

The differences in calculation parameters need to have some constant recognized standard, and thus, that is the figure that is chosen as of now.

It is what it is.

Take Care.

Last edited:
actually i was responding in hopes to help the person who started the thread, not you. of course some people think the worlds revolves around them - and everything that occurs has something to do with them.

i am sure many people already knew the information i posted, if just one person did not, then i have been of service.

actually i was responding in hopes to help the person who started the thread, not you. of course some people think the worlds revolves around them - and everything that occurs has something to do with them.

i am sure many people already knew the information i posted, if just one person did not, then i have been of service.

Thanks bro the information you gave was very helpful.thx guys for taking the time,appreciate it.

Yes Stewie, it is great that you presented the info, I do agree. I did not meant to be abrasive.

However, I sensed the OP just wants to know how much Humatrope he is going to be pinning and needs a simple answer, the answer that applies to his USP brand of GH. Humatrope 6mg (18iu)

This all makes a great topic , but such a debate may not be necessary for the OP that may be sitting there ready to want to pin his dose.
Simple question, simple answer....

Take Care.

Yes Stewie, it is great that you presented the info, I do agree. I did not meant to be abrasive.

However, I sensed the OP just wants to know how much Humatrope he is going to be pinning and needs a simple answer, the answer that applies to his USP brand of GH. Humatrope 6mg (18iu)

This all makes a great topic , but such a debate may not be necessary for the OP that may be sitting there ready to want to pin his dose.
Simple question, simple answer....

Take Care.

Now kids, play nice. Bob is a 1st class guy Stew. I'm sure you're just as admirable. Let's kiss and make up but not tell anyone we did....(the kissing part...that's weird).

'cheeky-sm

Stewie, I owe you an apology. I was being a raving ass in my tone. I actually have a lot of personal problems revolving around my life right now that has me quite abrupt and reactionary.
I carried that over into this forum and my posts...

Please accept my humble apology.

Take Care.

Stewie, I owe you an apology.

Don't do that Bob. Stewie can be a pain in the ass. In fact I was thinking of kicking his ass just for the hell of it. :)

bigcats; said:

Nutropin reveals that 1 iu of their GH is equal to 333 mcg while Lilly's Humatrope trials define 1 iu as 370 mcg (2.7iu per 1mg).

Don't do that Bob. Stewie can be a pain in the ass. In fact I was thinking of kicking his ass just for the hell of it. :)

LOL Dat, however, I too seem to be a pain in some asses as well at times. ;)

I greatly appreciate the humor in your sentiment, though...

DatBtrue said:
Nutropin reveals that 1 iu of their GH is equal to 333 mcg while Lilly's Humatrope trials define 1 iu as 370 mcg (2.7iu per 1mg).

Interesting info Dat.

However, in the end, it appears the potency of Lilly's Humatrope trial sample does not conform to the World Health Organization's (WHO) 2nd International Standard governing rHGH (Somatotropin). It sure comes close, but, what is more perplexing is that Lilly's is still representing the WHO defined standard and marketing Humatrope as such (3IU/mg). I wonder if they adjusted their final sample to the WHO 2nd standard of 2000, or if this trial predated it perhaps. Not sure here. Maybe an allowable margin of leeway from the reference sample is acceptable enough to represent it as 3IU/mg. Curious.

Anyway, since it is interesting (to me), I'll elaborate.

The standard is based on an accepted reference sample that defines the parameters all other preparations (pharmaceutical) should adhere to.
The current WHO rhGH reference sample is coded 98/574 which has an established biological activity of 3IU per mg.

Here is the WHO ECBS Technical Report defining this:

WHO_Somatotropin_Standard.JPG

Last edited:
Nah, "Interesting" is only code for "Boring" when you're on a date you can sense is not going to end well. ;)

Thanks for the trial table, as it makes sense now.

Lilly was using the previous reference standard in that trial as stated in the footnote.
Understandable they have adopted the current reference standard with regards to Humatrope, just as other approved pharmaceutical companies have.

Thanks for that Dat.

Last edited:
Nah, "Interesting" is only code for "Boring" when you're on a date you can sense is not going to end well.

Never happens to me.

It always ends well... plus you get to my age... you've managed to avoid marriage so you develop mad skills in the bed room. :) There is not a woman alive that I can't make ...squirt...g-spot... squirt...

...the look on their face is ...priceless.... and interesting....never boring. :D

P.S. try to follow that up w/ talk of int'l standards. :D

Now kids, play nice. Bob is a 1st class guy Stew. I'm sure you're just as admirable. Let's kiss and make up but not tell anyone we did....(the kissing part...that's weird).'cheeky-sm

great now i am going to get kissed by a dude then beat up. sounds like a fun day

great now i am going to get kissed by a dude then beat up. sounds like a fun day

Stewie!!! That is such a cool name. I ain't messing with the Stewster... Stewstorama...Stewing up some trouble. Stewpifying us with his Stewchee Mama. The Stewie babe. The Stewster & his Stewpendously hot girlfriend!

The Stewinator. Okay time to get a few hours of sleep... obviously.:)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131