over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

T4 Longterm Question

Jorsn

Registered
So earlier this year I was feeling weird...(always tired, dry skin, sore joints, slow metabolism). Got blood labs done, Doc says I have hypothyroidism. Not really a surprise because my mom has thyroid issues, Although she didn't have any until her late 50's. I'm in my mid 20's so it was more of a surprise to me but made sense due to the symptoms I had been having. So my doc didn't want to put me on any meds, Just wanted to see if it would fix itself. So I go back 6 weeks later.. Still hypo. So I go back 6 weeks later... Closer to what it should be, but still having a lot of the symptoms I was having before. Go back 6 weeks later, Numbers were closer to what it was the first time I went and he said I was hypothyroid. Okay... So after spending a fortune going to see the doc and getting bloods he never once recommended using any thyroid medicine, Which pisses me off because I was like well lets try this or that, But didn't get me anywhere.

My question is... Seeing that I already have thyroid issues, Would I run into any issues committing to T4 longterm as in 6-10 weeks or even longer? Then after that get bloods done to see if i've made any improvement. I'm not talking about research T4 but actual pharm grade T4 at 100mcg for 6-10 weeks. I usually don't advocate self medicating, But i've spent close to $1K at the doctor the last 8 months and i'm over that shit.

My fiancee has to have her thyroid removed soon because the tumors are cancerous and the doc will have to put her on t3/t4 for the rest of her life. You are better off if you can get your problem solved w/o having to use t4 long term. Long term t4 use can seriously screw up thyroid function.

My fiancee has to have her thyroid removed soon because the tumors are cancerous and the doc will have to put her on t3/t4 for the rest of her life. You are better off if you can get your problem solved w/o having to use t4 long term. Long term t4 use can seriously screw up thyroid function.

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that! I'll keep her in my prayers JM.

I'm obviously not thrilled about going on any medication, But i'm not real sure what other options there are for getting thyroid numbers in normal range. I eat a very clean diet... No artificial sugars, No HFCS, No aspartme, No alcohol, No gluten(gluten intolerant), No lactose(lactose intolerant), Very little dairy, No grains, Plenty of veggies, Good amount of fruits, Good fat sources. I do cardio every other day and work out 4-5 times a week. I've literally analyzed everything and improved where I could. So now i'm like, I'll just give T4 a shot.

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that! I'll keep her in my prayers JM.

I'm obviously not thrilled about going on any medication, But i'm not real sure what other options there are for getting thyroid numbers in normal range. I eat a very clean diet... No artificial sugars, No HFCS, No aspartme, No alcohol, No gluten(gluten intolerant), No lactose(lactose intolerant), Very little dairy, No grains, Plenty of veggies, Good amount of fruits, Good fat sources. I do cardio every other day and work out 4-5 times a week. I've literally analyzed everything and improved where I could. So now i'm like, I'll just give T4 a shot.

Thanks buddy. Honestly, if you want to go that route, you should start at a low dose and get blood work done. If everything goes back to normal, I think you should cycle it. Best thing to do to have your doc guide you through this if possible.

T4 only works for very few people.

T3/T4 combo works for most.

T3 only works for every one pretty much. Essentially no middle man (T4 conversion to active T3).

Post your actual lab values. Free T3, Free T4 and Reverse T3. Also, a cortisol lab would help.... Cortisol and Iron are both needed for proper T3 metabolism.

T3 only works for every one pretty much. Essentially no middle man (T4 conversion to active T3).

Post your actual lab values. Free T3, Free T4 and Reverse T3. Also, a cortisol lab would help.... Cortisol and Iron are both needed for proper T3 metabolism.
No intention to hi-jack but since we're on the subject of thyroid levels:

TSH: 2.09 uIU/ml 0.45-4.500 is normal range
Thyroxine(T4): 3.7 ug/dl Low 4.5-12 is normal range
Free Thyroxine Index: 1.3 1.2-4.9 is normal range
T3 Uptake: 36% 24-39 is normal range

Do any of these numbers resemble being hypothyroid? My t4 count is low, everything else is in the normal ranges. I have been taking the CEC stack from Manpower that contains 25mcg T3(supposedly) 2x a day for energy and fat loss. My TSH is still good, so having the extra T3 isn't shutting that down, I however am obviosly producing less T4 than normal, probably becasue of the artificial T3 is there, and t4 isn't needed to be converted.

Why not go to a Endo and be direct that you're not interested in more testing? I would think that doing this under a MD's supervision is the route to go.

Do any of these numbers resemble being hypothyroid? My t4 count is low, everything else is in the normal ranges. I have been taking the CEC stack from Manpower that contains 25mcg T3(supposedly) 2x a day for energy and fat loss. My TSH is still good, so having the extra T3 isn't shutting that down, I however am obviosly producing less T4 than normal, probably becasue of the artificial T3 is there, and t4 isn't needed to be converted.
those test dont tell u much

u need to get these tests
free t4
free t3
tsh
and i would add reverse t3

i have done alot research on this subject lately

if your doc or endo wont run those specific tests...find a new doc

:yeahthat:

i wouldnt start the t4 only.

Why not go to a Endo and be direct that you're not interested in more testing? I would think that doing this under a MD's supervision is the route to go.

I'll go this route some time next year.

remember, your doctor works for YOU, not the other way around.

if your t4/tsh is low, you need to be on meds... any doctor that thinks a thyroid is going to magically 'repair' itself is a f'n cocksucker.... especially since he lets you suffer for 6 weeks at a time waiting for that 'magic' to happen.

thyroid will never get better. go on 50-150mcg t4/day for the rest of you life, it's cheap and easy to get and your quality of life will improve. you'll be glad you did and pissed that doc didn't fix the problem in the first place.

i run t4 only.

no t3.

if i add t3 in addition to the t4, or run t3 only, even in doses as low as 6.125mcg i shrink like hell.. even on heavy AAS.

t4 only isnt always the answer

he needs to find a good endo...that knows whats up

u may not need t3...therefore supping it causes u to go hyper

it in fact may b what he needs...may not too

but dont tell him to jump on t4 only at 50-150mcg...thats bad advice

t4 only isnt always the answer

he needs to find a good endo...that knows whats up

u may not need t3...therefore supping it causes u to go hyper

it in fact may b what he needs...may not too

but dont tell him to jump on t4 only at 50-150mcg...thats bad advice

Have to agree with you. My fiancee takes t4 now for the time being under the supervision of her endo and general doc. Best to get advice from a doc for this situation.

Have to agree with you. My fiancee takes t4 now for the time being under the supervision of her endo and general doc. Best to get advice from a doc for this situation.

yea....thyroid issues can be complicated and need to be treated in different ways

to be hypothyroid can mean alot of things....therefore...not only 1 treatment

in fact treating the wrong way can make all symptons worse

Hard to say considering you;re taking exogenous T3. Thats why T4 is low most likely.

The T4 may not have shut down TSH entirely but it certainly will have an effect. Usually takes about 6 weeks of T3 supplementation to shut down TSH entirely.

Need to be off all thyroid meds for at least a month or so to get accurate labs done.

Most endo's dont know shit regarding current thyroid treatments.

They blindly prescribe huge amounts of T4 ASSUMING that the body will convert it to T4.

When T3 still comes back low they just say "Oh, you're TSH is fine, you're not hypo."

The equivalent of Test coming back below range but docs saying you're fine because LH and FSH are in range.

Most endo's dont know shit regarding current thyroid treatments.

They blindly prescribe huge amounts of T4 ASSUMING that the body will convert it to T4.

When T3 still comes back low they just say "Oh, you're TSH is fine, you're not hypo."

The equivalent of Test coming back below range but docs saying you're fine because LH and FSH are in range.

x10:yeahthat:

sounds like u have some knowledge on the subject

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear