advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What can cause a swollen lymph node under the armpit?

G.A.U.L.S.

Registered
We have a guy down here, big fella, who recently started back some serious training. He's been doing 500mcg of IGF- DES a day shooting only on delts and triceps.He's been on over two weeks. A day ago, he started to notice that his arms feel really swollen after taking the shot and now he has a small lump under his armpit which is beginning to worry him. Could the DES cause this or shooting ED in delts and triceps only?

well...

i would imagine that shooting anything into the same muscle every day is a bad thing...so who really knows. should definately stop though.

Had a buddy that had the same thing that happened to him a few years ago. Doc told him that sometimes the lymph node gets clogged and cant drain, that it should go away on its own. It eventually went away, but he had several bouts with it were it would swell and drain. He was natrual to if it matters

The lymph nodes is part of our immune system that trap and destroy bacteria, viruses, and other foreign substances. An injury or infection may cause a lymph node to swell, which is usually in area of that particular lymph node. The armpit covers shoulder, arm , and hand area.

My thoughts are could be acting up if hes injecting alot in his shoulder or arm as the injection itself would cause trauma and then you putting a foreign substance into the body.

I think it may be the solvents and the trauma of multiple injections in the shoulder/arm area.

Last edited:
One of his injections sites is probably infected. Happened to me just the other day. Shot 1ml of winny into ass and next couple days ass was really sore (not red or hot) and swollen and lymph node on front of leg near crotch was very tender and swollen. Went away in a few days on its own but if an injection site is red and hot to touch then need to start a anti-biotic and/or see a doctor.

so he injects in shoulder and triceps but the lump is growing under armpits...

Tumor or cancer ?

swollen lymph nodes is most likely the body dealing with an infection of some sort...... It should go down within a week.

I've had the same thing, swollen lymph nodes under my arm pits, for years. Also in my groin. My doctor said it's a reaction from all the gear I am on. I've been on lots of great for many years. Nothing to stress over.

:banghead: over and over :rolleyes:

yea excuse my English... I misunderstood lymph nodes with something else but I asked a friend and he said it's nothing serious and also did laugh when I said could it be tumor lol

Had a buddy of mine years ago had swollen lymph nods under both arms...
The MD told him he needed to stop using under-arm deodorant/antiperspirant till the swelling went down.

Last edited:
Had a buddy of mine years ago had swollen lymph nods under both arms...
The MD told him he needed to stop using under-arm deodorant/antiperspirant till the swelling went down.

Interesting, I belive that deoderant is pretty bad for our health. I have heard people say that deoderant is the leading cause of breast tumors and breast cancer in women. I wish I could find a natural alternative that worked to destroy underarm odor.

the tank

Under arm deodorants have lots of aluminium in them. All Alzheimer's patents have hi amounts of aluminium in their bodies. Any kind of toxic metals can cause all kinds of problems . There are some good deodorants in health stores that don't have toxin in them they work but aren't quite as strong as the others. This is not some thing I just read about or heard someone say. I had very very bad health because of mercury, lead and aluminium until I found a good doctor and got it out. Most woman that have cancer have swollen Lamond's. I would say that because he is shooting every day that there is a little impurities in the DES [along with what ever else hes taking ]and the swelling will go away after discontinue. No big deal.

Last edited:
The lymph nodes is part of our immune system that trap and destroy bacteria, viruses, and other foreign substances. An injury or infection may cause a lymph node to swell, which is usually in area of that particular lymph node. The armpit covers shoulder, arm , and hand area.

My thoughts are could be acting up if hes injecting alot in his shoulder or arm as the injection itself would cause trauma and then you putting a foreign substance into the body.

I think it may be the solvents and the trauma of multiple injections in the shoulder/arm area.

He's thinking it could be that. He's off now because he can't lift because the node is a bit painful.

Thanks for everyone's input ;)

UPDATE: It's old news but to end the story, it turned out to be Paget Van Schroetter Syndrome (upper-extremity,subclavian deep vein thrombosis). It occurs in healthy individuals that perform repeated movements using their arms. It can happen doing overhead presses, pitching a baseball or even waving to a friend.

The guy had to have venous angioplasty done to remove pieces of the fibrous clot and has some of the hardened clot still stuck to his brachial vein.The guy's on anticoagulants for the next six months (at least) with a re-evaluation after that. He can't do any overhead pressing or pulling movements or take AAS. He can do everything else though.

All in all,he's just glad it wasn't AIDS :D

UPDATE: It's old news but to end the story, it turned out to be Paget Van Schroetter Syndrome (upper-extremity,subclavian deep vein thrombosis). It occurs in healthy individuals that perform repeated movements using their arms. It can happen doing overhead presses, pitching a baseball or even waving to a friend.

The guy had to have venous angioplasty done to remove pieces of the fibrous clot and has some of the hardened clot still stuck to his brachial vein.The guy's on anticoagulants for the next six months (at least) with a re-evaluation after that. He can't do any overhead pressing or pulling movements or take AAS. He can do everything else though.

All in all,he's just glad it wasn't AIDS :D

Wow thats kinda scary stuff, sounds like a bullet dodged there

Thanks for the update, and glad he went to seek medical help. I didn't have a clue what it could have been outside of mononucleosis or a just some sort of bacterial infection.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws