over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ZacharyKane's March to Jr Nats...and Beyond

zacharykane

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So in an effort to try to interact more with members of the board and hopefully contribute some positive and meaningful content, I've decided to start a log going forward to Junior Nationals and then on to North Americans.

A little background on me; I've been competing sporadically for awhile, but never really took it too seriously until last year when I won my first overall. That's when I made the decision to push things and try my hand at a Junior Level show to see where I stand. After lurking around this board for awhile, I reached out to MT and Tenny and started working with them towards the end of 2016. We had a short offseason then it was right into contest prep mode.

I tried to set a realistic goal of beating my previous best, and coming in to the show as conditioned as I possibly could. I can confidently say I've reached that goal. I may not be the biggest guy in my class, but I can do my damnedest to be the most conditioned.

As for this log, I don't necessarily want to do a typical "nuts and bolts" type of thing, but I'm sure there will be some of that to go along with it.

Anyways, here is a pic stitch from this weekend at 3 weeks out! Hopefully I don't bore you all too much! :D

IMG_0997.JPG

Best beleive I'm following this one. Go get em Zach.

Are you able to share your supplement regimine with us?

Last edited:
Yesssss. Awesome shape. Excited to follow this.

Wow looking awesome. Your middles?? I'll be following along.

Lead Monster Labs Rep and Sponsored Athlete
Flex10 for 10% off in notes section when ordering.
Mymonsterlabs.com

I will definitely be following along. You look great dude! Good luck on your last few weeks!

Sure, I don't have a problem with that. Right now just trying to keep it simple, so daily it looks like this:

100mg Primo
100mg Mast P
50mg Tren A
50mg Test Prop

Orals are:
100mg Anavar
100mg Proviron
10mg Superdrol (taken pre workout, doesn't mess with my stomach this way)

As far as OTC supplements go, pre workout I've been using 1.5ml each of synthetine and syntheselen. I've used these both the entire prep and they've gone a long ways towards giving me extra energy in the gym, but I'll probably be dropping them soon as lately I keep getting knots from them. I've also been using the John Meadows new supplement line for pre and intraworkout.

Health supplement wise I taken a greens formula from a company my wife has been involved with for years now called VIM. They're based out of my home town so we get a good price. I also take Life Extension Super Bio Curcumin, the Onnit Day/Night Packs, and the Liver & Organ Defender from 5% Nutrition (don't judge, lol).

Probably way more than you asked for, but, I try to be thorough in my answers and want to be open and honest!

Best beleive I'm following this one. Go get em Zach.

Are you able to share your supplement regimine with us?

Thanks flex! I appreciate that! And yeah, hopefully this will be my last year as a middle. Two years ago I weighed in at 165 on stage, last year was 170, this year right now I've been around 173-174, but much sharper over my conditioning last year.

Here is kind of a year over year comparison from where I'm at now as compared to last year when I competed

IMG_1002.JPG

Wow looking awesome. Your middles?? I'll be following along.

Mymonsterlabs.com

Yesterday was leg day, and 99.99999999% of the time I do exactly what is planned out for me, but apparently everyone in my gym had decided to do legs yesterday as well, so it became more of a "what piece of equipment can I get on next before I lose all energy?" type of training session. So here's how it ended up:

Abductors: 4 sets of 20
Adductors: 4 sets of 20
Seated Leg Curls: 3 sets of 15 to warm up, then 3 sets of 10 "stretcher" leg curls. If anyone hasn't done them, this is where you lean forward on the machine like you're doing a hamstring stretch. I drop the weight after a few feeder sets when I do these and perform the motion nice and slow, while pausing for a second to squeeze each rep.
Hack Squats: 3 sets of 15, last set triple drop set
Rest/Pause Squats: 3 sets of 6 (I stop all the way down and let my quads stretch for a 3 count before coming back up, time under tension is big here)
Glute Kickbacks/Sissy Squat/Walking Lunge Super Set: 3 rounds here, shot for 10 reps for each exercise

My legs were pretty well pumped and fried after this despite it not seeming like I did a ton (prep brain). Finished out the training session with some solid stretching and then about 15 minutes of posing practice.

Gah! Always bothersome when everyone wants to train the same muscle group the same day. Still got a nice workout in, that's what counts.

That's great you told us what you were using supplement wise. I know some people don't for various reasons... which I understand also.

Especially at a Lifetime Fitness! I guess saying equipment being in use is being generous on my part...lol

Gah! Always bothersome when everyone wants to train the same muscle group the same day. Still got a nice workout in, that's what counts.

That's great you told us what you were using supplement wise. I know some people don't for various reasons... which I understand also.

Thanks flex! I appreciate that! And yeah, hopefully this will be my last year as a middle. Two years ago I weighed in at 165 on stage, last year was 170, this year right now I've been around 173-174, but much sharper over my conditioning last year.

Here is kind of a year over year comparison from where I'm at now as compared to last year when I competed

View attachment 92333

Man that back!!!!!! Friggin amazing progress in one short year bro you should be damn happy with this!! Yeah I'm stoked to see you at the top of the middles man. How tall are you 5'7" ??

Mymonsterlabs.com

Thanks man! And yeah, on a good day I'm around 5'7", lol

Man that back!!!!!! Friggin amazing progress in one short year bro you should be damn happy with this!! Yeah I'm stoked to see you at the top of the middles man. How tall are you 5'7" ??

Mymonsterlabs.com

Yesterday ended up being a rest day from training due to a massage I had scheduled. Apparently since the massage therapist works out of my chiro's office it gets covered by my insurance :headbang: So now each office visit takes a good two hours, but for $30 plus tip, I get an adjustment, ART, graston and cupping, plus an hour long massage.

So going into my show I have multiple massages scheduled, that way I can get each body part worked on and hopefully not so bound up. Last night I had my shoulders and chest worked on, and this morning the difference was quite noticeable. Much rounder and fuller, and striations were much more noticeable after getting some nasty knots worked out.

That is exactly how one should look for 3 weeks out. Good job Zach!

Back training session yesterday, along with posing practice and cardio. School must have wrapped up for the year because my normal time for going to the gym has went from only slightly busy to swamped, so again, it became a "what can I do" type of session. Here is how it went down.

Rotary Pull-Down: Neutral grip SS with Pronated Grip, each rep held a 1 second squeeze, 4 sets of 14 (7 and 7)

Low Pulley Row with Supinated Close Grip Mag Grip: 5 sets of 10 (These are the best attachments, and well worth the money, easy on the wrists and really target the back well!)

Low Pulley Row with Medium Neutral Grip Mag Grip: 4 Sets of 10, after 10 regular reps I would bend forward like I'm doing a hamstring stretch, and do 10 more reps, so kind of like a lat pulldown motion

Assisted Pull-ups: 4 sets of 10, 1 second hold at the top and a 3 second decent, my lats were on fire!

Dumbbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 10

Mid-Trap Shrugs: 3 sets of 15, I did these on a dual handle low pulley, keeping my arms straight, I pull my scapula together, hold, then let them stretch back out

After this I went through all my mandatories a few times and then did some work on my posing routine. Been holding some water the last few days but it's slowly been improving.

IMG_1082 2 copy.jpg
IMG_1068 copy.jpg
IMG_1052 copy.jpg

damn what do you guys do to get the glutes and ham to show?i can get pretty shredded on upper and quads,just my hams and glutes are soft every single time :(

anyway great physique..

It's really just been through tough dieting and hard training. Glutes and hams are usually the last thing to come in, so it's just a matter of sticking it out through the tough parts of the diet until they really start leaning out.

I used to have the same issue, I thought I was dieting hard, but then I discovered that shredded hams and glutes hard is a completely different level of suffering.

damn what do you guys do to get the glutes and ham to show?i can get pretty shredded on upper and quads,just my hams and glutes are soft every single time :(

anyway great physique..

Love the new pictures! Thanks for throwing up new pics for us to see your progress. Its been a great journey so far...keep grinding!

You said you're hovering in the mid 170's right now. How heavy did you get your last offseason? Your heaviest to date?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws