over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

any one ever try bison?

Mr. MMA

Registered
I usually stay away from red meat all togather because it seems hard fir my body ti use and mire of it gets stored, but I just bought a pound of ground bison 90% lean I'm gonna give it a try. Any experience recipie idieas? Burgers and sweet potatoe fries iswhat ihave in mind.

Keep in mind when eating bison for health reasons over beef:

Grain fed bison has the same horrible fat profile that the standard beef you buy in the grocery store has. For it to be healthy it should have been raised only on grass.

It is delicious!

wild

I usually stay away from red meat all togather because it seems hard fir my body ti use and mire of it gets stored, but I just bought a pound of ground bison 90% lean I'm gonna give it a try. Any experience recipie idieas? Burgers and sweet potatoe fries iswhat ihave in mind.

I've tasted the wild bison which is a really good tasting meat when compared to other game animals. The wild of course is grass fed naturally and I think grass fed is much better for both beef and bison.

Yes but remember

You need a certain of fat that you can get only from the meat of ruminate animals. That is animals that eat grass and chew a cud. CLA or conjugated linolic acid is like the boss fat that tells your body how to process the rest of the fat you eat. That is the fat contained in meat of ruminate animals. You simply cannot function without it. That's why vegans look so sick all the time.

Agreed grass fed is better but probably most are finished out on grain. The flavor is 10 times better than beef. You will need to mix a little beef/pork with that ground bison to keep it from being too dry.

Keep in mind when eating bison for health reasons over beef:

Grain fed bison has the same horrible fat profile that the standard beef you buy in the grocery store has. For it to be healthy it should have been raised only on grass.

It is delicious!

I love bison meat. It is leaner than beef and has imo a better taste to it. I just put some mined garlic in and make up patties on the grill. Enjoy bro.

I live on 1/2 Bison 1/2 Beef Liver most of my meals.

yummy

so I made pattys added some roasted garlic and a little werchestershire sauce (there is no way that's spelled right) made great guilt free burgers added a 1 egg to 1lb of bison helped hold the pattystogather. Weren't dry at all topped with some fresh guacamole. Kicked ass. Bought morethenext time I was in the store. And it's organic grassfed it's in the name.

i love bison. got friends who own a huge feedlot just for bison.... you can get anything, any cut. yes some are finished with grain but most are grass fed. i only purchase grassfed. in fact this year i will buy a few and let them raise em

I live on 1/2 Bison 1/2 Beef Liver most of my meals.

X2 I'm very big on bred liver and bison when I can find the non farmed kind. I also don't do much to it just cook and eat.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws