over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New World Record Bench Press

triathloncoach

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Board Supporter
Watch Eric Spoto Crush the Bench Press World Record | STACK Fitness!

722lbs Raw

vs

1076.9 Shirt

I had no idea a shirt helped this much. That's just plain silly. It's a shirt. I'm more impressed with taking AAS - because it's still you - albeit a turbo charged you..

2013 Paul "Tiny" Meeker presses 1076.9 lb (488.5 kg) (April 13) at the Southern Powerlifting Federation (SPF) Texas State Powerlifting Championships in Corpus Christi, Texas.[39][38] shirt

Last edited:
Tiny coached me in high school...brought my bench from 250 to 350 in 1 year in the 181 lb class....

And he is drug free as far as i know...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Benches over 1000lbs and is natural right......

well...who can really tell? I spoke to another one of my other coaches...Charlie Turko...he claims he is drug free...not sure though...

Havn't spoken to Tiny in years though...the bigger his bench got, the bigger his ego got too...

Impressive either way...

Oh most definitely not taking anything away from him that a impressive feat for sure!!

722lbs Raw

vs

1076.9 Shirt

I had no idea a shirt helped this much. That's just plain silly. It's a shirt. I'm more impressed with taking AAS - because it's still you - albeit a turbo charged you..

2013 Paul "Tiny" Meeker presses 1076.9 lb (488.5 kg) (April 13) at the Southern Powerlifting Federation (SPF) Texas State Powerlifting Championships in Corpus Christi, Texas.[39][38] shirt

since when is a bench good when it doesn't even come to a static position at the chest? that lift was NO GOOD

since when is a bench good when it doesn't even come to a static position at the chest? that lift was NO GOOD

Your not referring to Eric's Bench are you ?? That was legit as SHIT!!!!!

He went on the command so it's definitely good but yeah most judges seem to make you keep that weight on your chest for a full second before giving you the go ahead. I'd actually prefer commands like this-the way I look at it is if the bar touches your sternum and you don't do the old boune-a-roo we all did back in highschool the lift should be good. Either way extremely impressive lift.

shirt benches are ridiculous... impressive yes but ridiculous nonetheless...

722lbs Raw

vs

1076.9 Shirt

The shirts is a good reason i got out of powerlifting i talked to a former record holder in the 308 class that used to be the all time bench of 1075 and he said he gets a little over 400 lbs out of his! 722 raw is awesome cause the very guy who benched 1075 bombed on 655lbs raw , but in his defense shirt and raw are two different games.

GS I agree with you they are two different games but the shirts and the other gear are the very things that are holding pling back from being a better sport, in my opinion.
I think if they would get rid of that stuff, and the claims that they prevent injuries then pling would have a chance at becoming more main stream and maybe even getting into the olympics someday but when the differences are as big as the one you pointed out that will never happen, nor should it.
I obviously love pling and would love to see it become more popular and prevalent in todays society so my opinion may be in the minority.

I hear that GS. I was just back to one of my old gyms a few years ago.
I can hear Pull pull pull as Im coming in the door. My mind says oh lets see who's on the DL platform... Nope. It was 181er trying to get 640 to his chest.
Like a fucking bow and arrow... Raw or old uspf single ply rules I'm cool with.
T

Both very impressive. Gotta give a bit more props to Spoto for the raw bench!!

Again though both very impressive. Hated to see Tiny beat the old record.

-

GS I agree with you they are two different games but the shirts and the other gear are the very things that are holding pling back from being a better sport, in my opinion.
I think if they would get rid of that stuff, and the claims that they prevent injuries then pling would have a chance at becoming more main stream and maybe even getting into the olympics someday but when the differences are as big as the one you pointed out that will never happen, nor should it.
I obviously love pling and would love to see it become more popular and prevalent in todays society so my opinion may be in the minority.

Buddy i agree, i can remember IPF/USPF now the US company is USA Powerlifting wanted Powerlifting to be in the Olympics (lol) they won't even look at it because of the equipment.
Plus people can't understand why a guy can't pull 900-1000 lbs to their chest or can't get to parallel with 1000lbs.

I've watched as a guy I knew couldn't get 1100 to touch his chest or guys barely bench 405 during raw warm-up. Then put on a shirt and bench 850 in the shirt.

-

I've watched as a guy I knew couldn't get 1100 to touch his chest or guys barely bench 405 during raw warm-up. Then put on a shirt and bench 850 in the shirt.

-

Thats tragically sad,............................T

-
A lot of guys would call bull shit on your comment but i know it is possible case i have seen some out there!

rob luyando touch 135 lbs in meet fit Overkill Shirt.

I like raw pling more btw...

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner