over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Full Wendler 5/3/1 Routine

BigDM

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
There is a link in the attached article under Full Wendler 5/3/1 Routine. Click on the link and it opens up an excel spreadsheet. Just plug in your max lifts and the spreadsheet does the rest :D

An in-depth look at Wendler's 5/3/1 - LIFT.net

Below is what you will see. The link below is NOT active:

Below is the full routine, and a link where you can customize, print, or download to your device. Just plug in your max, and let it do the calculations. Bring a pen to the gym, and scribble off the days/sets as you go! To edit the spreadsheet customized to your lifts, click HERE. You can also print, or download.

Attachments

• 5-3-1.png
    5-3-1.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,555
There is a link in the attached article under Full Wendler 5/3/1 Routine. Click on the link and it opens up an excel spreadsheet. Just plug in your max lifts and the spreadsheet does the rest :D

An in-depth look at Wendler's 5/3/1 - LIFT.net

Below is what you will see. The link below is NOT active:

Below is the full routine, and a link where you can customize, print, or download to your device. Just plug in your max, and let it do the calculations. Bring a pen to the gym, and scribble off the days/sets as you go! To edit the spreadsheet customized to your lifts, click HERE. You can also print, or download.

Lots of guys love the ,3,1 method but i tend to like the cube you are using much more !

The Cube Method is definitely proving itself to be an effective training program for sure. When I finish up my 9 weeks I was thinking I would try Wendlers 5/3/1 program and then back to the cube method.

Tonight is my SQUAT-EXPLOSION day, so it should be a fun night! I'm still sore from my BENCH-HEAVY day on Tues :D

Is 531 better for added hyper trophy work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is 531 better for added hyper trophy work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say that the cube method is better for hypertrophy because it has more high volume work. I haven't used 5/3/1 yet, but it appears to be more focused on increasing strength alone; more low volume work and small incremental progression on the big 3 lifts.

I have done 5/3/1 BBB in the past when I didn't get into powerlifting. I have been reading the Cube method and I like the set up on the main lifts but I don't like the idea of doing the assistance or bodybuilding exercises on a whole separate day. I would incorporate those after each main lift.

I am still reading through it.

At the moment I am doing a scheme that a powerlifting had me doing that has helped. That is essentially doing 2 sets of 5 reps on the main exercises and 2 sets of 10 on the assistance. I want a little more hypertrophy but not at the expense of killing my strength. I don't want a big muscle that is big because it is pumped up. It needs to be big because strength got it there.

I just started using 5/3/1 reps and percentages. I'm sure I am doing more assistance work then recomended. I should follow it to a t but my ocd won't allow it.

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

I just started using 5/3/1 reps and percentages. I'm sure I am doing more assistance work then recomended. I should follow it to a t but my ocd won't allow it.

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - Synthetek Industries - Innovative Bodybuilding Products

I personally don't see anything wrong with doing more assistance work. The cube method contains quite a bit of it and promotes using it to improve weak areas.

That said, John does make a good point here and it can't hurt to try it sometime:

Assistance Work

Along with the bench press, squat, shoulder press, and deadlift, 5/3/1 includes assistance exercises to build muscle, prevent injury, and create a balanced physique. My favorites are strength-training staples like chin-ups, dips, lunges, and back extensions.

But don't go apeshit with these supplemental exercises. They should complement the training, not detract from it. You must have a very strong reason for doing an exercise. If you don't, scrap it and move on.

5/3/1 includes a number of different ways to choose and implement assistance work, with categories like Boring But Big (my version of a hypertrophy program), The Triumvirate (three lifts per workout; an example is shown below), Dave Tate's Periodization Bible, and my favorite, I'm Not Doing Jack Shit, named for those times when you only have time to hit the PR in your key lift and leave.

People laugh and call me lazy, while they twit around in their three-hour workout making zero progress. Sometimes, instead of what you do in the weight room, it's what you don't do that will lead to success.

You know its funny BC prior to this I have always been a low volume kind of guy. Then I gave mountain dog type protocol a shot. Took a while to get use to the extra volume. Fast forward and now I want to focus more on strength and I don't want to drop the volume. Its tough BC my body riddled with injuries. I feel like I could be much stronger than I am just my injuries say otherwise. I just started the 5/3/1 plan so as long as hittin my numbers I'm gonna keep it going.

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

Been doing 5/3/1 for a while now and I love it..I started with starting strength but I wasnt able to recover fast enough on it..I have squatted and deadlifted over 500...which isnt bad for a 50 yr old

Did the 5 by 5 back in the day it worked well. Going to try the 5/3/1 method soon for next bulk or maybe the cube have to look into the cube more though

Last edited:
Great program, thanks. I say switch it up though once gains start slowing down.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131