over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Good mornings and Zerchers

RealDonkeykong

Registered
Want to incorporate both into my next routine.Ive done g.morning mainly as a light end of workout core work with abs.I want to start working them heavy but have issues with bar placement.When i go low the bar esp if loaded heavy wants to dump over...what is the best bar placement>?On rear delts or lower like pl squat?Also zerchers...Are these best off floor or rack and if rack what height(knee level ect)for overall lower back strength...

Want to incorporate both into my next routine.Ive done g.morning mainly as a light end of workout core work with abs.I want to start working them heavy but have issues with bar placement.When i go low the bar esp if loaded heavy wants to dump over...what is the best bar placement>?On rear delts or lower like pl squat?Also zerchers...Are these best off floor or rack and if rack what height(knee level ect)for overall lower back strength...

DO zerchers off of pins in a power rack. Check out my thread, I have a video with some.

DO zerchers off of pins in a power rack. Check out my thread, I have a video with some.

those look like sumo lockouts...I was reffering to zerchers ...Wich i believe are performed holding barbell in crook of arms and lifted ?

With good mornings I think you should use the same bar placement that you would for your squats to get the most out of them. If the bar starts rolling, get your upper back tighter, or do them with a safety squat bar.

For good mornings I always placed the bar the same as I did for squats.
Depending on what I was working I went squat stance or narrow.

Zercher's I always did from pins.
I'm pretty sure doing zercher's from the floor would have resulted in my balls ending up on the floor.

Agreed, same bar placement roughly as your squat position. I think you'll find you should still keep reps higher and lighter. They have a purpose but if your goal is to get your hamstrings stronger, really heavy good mornings will fail you. Try different stance widths first and with and without a belt. IMHO no reason to get under 5-8 reps on them and they are a great accessory move at over 8 reps.

doing good morning now after leg day with lower abs 4-6 sets...using only 115 for sets of 15 then inc 5 lbs a week...On dead day Im doing hypers with ab work as well...Im doing close stance and form is getting better..Ive seen vids of dudes doing like 500lb good mornings CRAZY!!!Also thinking of trying seated...I used to read ALOT of Bill Star Articles and remember him mention rounded back good mornings...They dont sound to safe!!!lol...but i believe it was also the article wich talked about seated GM's...May try these as well...As far as Zerchers Im waiting till after an upcoming meet to try them as I have an outlined routine thats working great and dont wanna screw anything up...thanks for input bros

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity