advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

any one have an crazy routines to get ready for a meet in two months?

MouthBreather1982

Registered
there is a local meet coming up in two months and need a murderous routine. Im talking more than once a week deads or squats.

There's a lot of ways to do it. How's your recovery from going heavy? I personally use a modified conjugate system that attacks my weak points and I'm doing squat, bench and deadlift variations twice a week and it's been working well.

Sponsored by Ukgear (www.ukanabol.cc)"

I have been strength training on and off for a while but never had any crazy lifts because I never followed a program. Just would go balls to wall on volume which was cool cause I loved to dead, but never got anything higher than 450 as a result, with no belt. So your talking to a newb when it comes to competing and programing. However just want to wet my feet and not looking to win anything lol thanks

congulate is west side speed work correct? thats too complicated for me, although I love the way bands and chains on deads felt for overloading and pulling me into alignment and feeling muscles I never felt before. Was looking for more percentage training or something simple for now.

just getting back into it and have been doing a major lower body and upper body lifts everyday. no real plan, because I was just trying to hit everything in attempt to get my body used to the DOMS again etc.

I guess I was going to do 5x5 on squats and Bench and then 3x10 on deads with some singles. I also want a big over head press.

my plan above is probably crap.

I will be on AS so recovery in that aspect should be a problem, however I think my nervous system gets shot pretty quick, but we will see. I have a lot of free time coming up. I just want to get a meet under my belt. Even if I only do push pull or dead only or something.

I could also use some AS advice but would rather PM you with that if you dont mind.

one more thing. I cant get the hang of belt for deads, for some reason it seems to just get in the way of my lumbar extension or air and not help me pull any more weight. Tried wearing it high and low etc. I guess I will try again in a few because Im going to do deads today 10 sets of three and then try to start doing front squats and pull ups as accessory and some bench work

I will do low bar squats and bench again tomorrow along with over head press and weighted dips.

Thanks for the help bro and sorry ahead of time for my rambling, I already took my prework out sups lol. I appreciate your help and you can just point me in the right direction and I will do the reading myself, dont want to waste too much of your time and appreciate it.

Last edited:
You said you want to be a heavy overhead lifter brother...Pm me I'll give you some advice on that,I put up 4plates military press...

Omni Labs SPONSORED ATHLETE©[email protected]®THE REAPER

I have been strength training on and off for a while but never had any crazy lifts because I never followed a program. Just would go balls to wall on volume which was cool cause I loved to dead, but never got anything higher than 450 as a result, with no belt. So your talking to a newb when it comes to competing and programing. However just want to wet my feet and not looking to win anything lol thanks

congulate is west side speed work correct? thats too complicated for me, although I love the way bands and chains on deads felt for overloading and pulling me into alignment and feeling muscles I never felt before. Was looking for more percentage training or something simple for now.
Conjucate is westside https://www.westside-barbell.com/blogs/2003-articles/the-conjugate-method

just getting back into it and have been doing a major lower body and upper body lifts everyday. no real plan, because I was just trying to hit everything in attempt to get my body used to the DOMS again etc.

I guess I was going to do 5x5 on squats and Bench and then 3x10 on deads with some singles. I also want a big over head press.
Ed Coan used to peak on behind the neck press as well as his other lifts leading up to meet.

my plan above is probably crap.
You are trying to do quite allot when you should focus on peaking your form and strength for this meet and you 3 lifts.

I will be on AS so recovery in that aspect should be a problem, however I think my nervous system gets shot pretty quick, but we will see. I have a lot of free time coming up. I just want to get a meet under my belt. Even if I only do push pull or dead only or something.
Post your stats and what you have on hand please.

I could also use some AS advice but would rather PM you with that if you dont mind.
I do not mind.

one more thing. I cant get the hang of belt for deads, for some reason it seems to just get in the way of my lumbar extension or air and not help me pull any more weight. Tried wearing it high and low etc. I guess I will try again in a few because Im going to do deads today 10 sets of three and then try to start doing front squats and pull ups as accessory and some bench work
Try wearing it in reverse or a skinny belt, always feels better to go RAW:D

I will do low bar squats and bench again tomorrow along with over head press and weighted dips.
Here is something to get your juices flowing...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-febRoO0gG0

Thanks for the help bro and sorry ahead of time for my rambling, I already took my prework out sups lol. I appreciate your help and you can just point me in the right direction and I will do the reading myself, dont want to waste too much of your time and appreciate it.
No problem, it was not until someone took time to advise me before my numbers went through the roof!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws