over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Squat everyday

tornquad201

Registered
What's everyone's opinion on squat everyday there's a few lifters that made amazing lifts while doing this

I used to volume train body parts back when I was younger and had success but every day seems like overkill to me. I would hit shoulders, legs or back 3-4 times a week, one day I'd go hard, 80-90% effort and use the other days as active recovery. For the record, I never trained strictly for power or bodybuilding. I've always had a endomorph type physique and would would train for overall strength and athleticism.

Last edited:
What's everyone's opinion on squat everyday there's a few lifters that made amazing lifts while doing this

You're name is torn quad...Don't squat everyday lol.

I squatted everyday for 3 months... learned quite alot about myself during this ....yes you can squat sore,yes you will get stronger ,yes it will suck ..i varied types of bars ( ssb,duffalo,etc ) and type of squat ( back,front,zercher,hatfield,etc) and used accommodating resistance (bands,chain,etc.) from day to day and used between 55 -85% of my TM (95% of 1rm) ..... after 3 months i retested my 1rm ....began 485 1rm --end 517 1rm....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have been using the SSB because my biceps were getting stretched out, which I assume is tendonitis. But basically it hurt when I did any pressing movement in my biceps, which has been a problem before from squatting.

Any tips? I hadn't swatted much before that recently so maybe my flexibility was off. I squat the style Rippetoe teaches. I guess till then Im going to use the SSB every work out, besides days I dead.

I have been using the SSB because my biceps were getting stretched out, which I assume is tendonitis. But basically it hurt when I did any pressing movement in my biceps, which has been a problem before from squatting.

Any tips? I hadn't swatted much before that recently so maybe my flexibility was off. I squat the style Rippetoe teaches. I guess till then Im going to use the SSB every work out, besides days I dead.
Ive got bicep tendon issues too,so i stick to ssb and duffalo (buffalo) bar squats and front squats .... for an overload I've been doing hatfield squats with the ssb ...the only time i switch to regular barbell squats is the last 4-5 weeks before a meet

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I see this post is old but I squat once a week. on Sundays, one week is heavy next week is speed. and before I do a meet I will also do heavy lock outs..

You could probably squat every day if you kept the volume on the low side and play with the intensity a bit since the frequency is so high.

I personally prefer 2-3x/week depending on how I'm feeling. If I squat everyday, I wouldn't be able to handle much deadlifting.

You could probably squat every day if you kept the volume on the low side and play with the intensity a bit since the frequency is so high.

I personally prefer 2-3x/week depending on how I'm feeling. If I squat everyday, I wouldn't be able to handle much deadlifting.

Have you ever done deads on leg day? At times i have done heavy deads after speed squat.

it wasnt everyday that I remember bur I did SMOLOV and loved it but I feel I could of gotten same % of gains with much less days at gym doing squats only. Though It made squatting feel easier than benching by the end as I was just so used to squatting my technique got much better... Again everything works but nothing works forever!!!

Have you ever done deads on leg day? At times i have done heavy deads after speed squat.

Sometimes but my back gets pretty fried when I do them on the same day. Doing them after speed squat would make sense, but I gave up on speed work.

it wasnt everyday that I remember bur I did SMOLOV and loved it but I feel I could of gotten same % of gains with much less days at gym doing squats only. Though It made squatting feel easier than benching by the end as I was just so used to squatting my technique got much better... Again everything works but nothing works forever!!![/QUOT]

Smolov is just cray cray. I've done it twice, but probably never again.

i could never squat everyday, that sounds like overkill to me, i need plenty of recovery, train 3 times a week. however yes squats everyday can lead to dramatic squat gain, like 200 lbs of strength in one year. my squat is unusually strong, what's behind is my deadlift, i'm working on increasing my deadlift

Squatting everyday can be a good part of a whole body training protocol. You would not go all out everyday if you did include squats in your everyday regimen. Say you train 6x/week, 2 sessions would be all out counting heavy reps (leading to 15 reps plus down the line), the other 4 sessions would be variations to get you comfortable and confident to execute those 2 sessions. So , one work out may be lighter but focused on form, the other may be a heavy workout wit 2-4 explosive reps getting your knees aquatinted with the heavy weight displacement but NOT to exhaustion.... and the other may be medium weight focused on how to give the command to explode upwards. So 2 days of registered squatting, 4 days of practice and training for those 2 days in order to get a good performance out of them. Very much like a sprinter would train, they run everyday, but with variation.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws