over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Citrulline Mallate

omegachewy

Registered
Abstract

The purpose of the present study was to determine the effects of a single dose of citrulline malate (CM) on the performance of flat barbell bench presses as an anaerobic exercise and in terms of decreasing muscle soreness after exercise. Forty-one men performed 2 consecutive pectoral training session protocols (16 sets). The study was performed as a randomized, double-blind, 2-period crossover design. Eight grams of CM was used in 1 of the 2 training sessions, and a placebo was used in the other. The subjects' resistance was tested using the repetitions to fatigue test, at 80% of their predetermined 1 repetition maximum (RM), in the 8 sets of flat barbell bench presses during the pectoral training session (S1-4 and S1'-4'). The p-value was 0.05. The number of repetitions showed a significant increase from placebo treatment to CM treatment from the third set evaluated (p <0.0001). This increase was positively correlated with the number of sets, achieving 52.92% more repetitions and the 100% of response in the last set (S4'). A significant decrease of 40% in muscle soreness at 24 hours and 48 hours after the pectoral training session and a higher percentage response than 90% was achieved with CM supplementation. The only side effect reported was a feeling of stomach discomfort in 14.63% of the subjects. We conclude that the use of CM might be useful to increase athletic performance in high-intensity anaerobic exercises with short rest times and to relieve postexercise muscle soreness. Thus, athletes undergoing intensive preparation involving a high level of training or in competitive events might profit from CM.

Citrulline malate enhances athletic anae... [J Strength Cond Res. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

it does work! and it gives a pump/vascularity as well

yep. hence why im posting some things up such as this, because people are so focused on hormones, theyre missing out on legal and legitimate products that could be helping them.

CM is great, I've been using it for years. I believe XTEND was the first supplement to really popularize it. I use 10-15g in my intra workout drink. Get it at www.TrueNutrition.com

CM is great, I've been using it for years. I believe XTEND was the first supplement to really popularize it. I use 10-15g in my intra workout drink. Get it at www.TrueNutrition.com

you ever add glycerol to it? Ive never been a huge fan, but thinking of trying it to see how it interacts with subQ water to give a dryer and fuller look.

you ever add glycerol to it? Ive never been a huge fan, but thinking of trying it to see how it interacts with subQ water to give a dryer and fuller look.

No. I use it with Karboload, Pepto Pro and beta alanine.

very good combination of ingredients there. No stimulant though?

I try to save strong stimulants for dieting / precontest (and I don't use an intraworkout drink then).

I'll use a preworkout from my sponsor in the offseason... it's got some caffeine and l-tyrosine in it.

I try to save strong stimulants for dieting / precontest (and I don't use an intraworkout drink then).

I'll use a preworkout from my sponsor in the offseason... it's got some caffeine and l-tyrosine in it.

I can understand that. Have you noticed any difference with the tyrosine?

I have been using it in my Intra-workout shake for the last year and definitley think its beneficial. Also I have found the new product by Gaspari, Glycofuse, is much better than Vitargo, Karboload, and waxy maize for inta workout drinks. Its mainly just cyclic dextrin and pretty cheap compared to others. Tastes great!

-Glycofuse
-Peptopro
-Citrulline: 10g
-Beta-alanine
-L carnitine

never used such dosages though like people ^ 5gms at most when combined with pre-wo supps

and yes before trying hormones it makes sense to cover all the base

Bumping this instead of creating a new thread.

Im going to be jumping on the citrulline malate train. 10g total intra workout. Who else has experience here?

used it and didnt like it that much

did notice the decrease in muscle soreness though

I like AAKG better for pumps though, jus my experience

very good combination of ingredients there. No stimulant though?

Exact same combo i use (shelby does my diet and supps) only preworkout in using is a few cups of green tea and workouts intense as hell.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner