over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Scary interview with Big Kiwi

luckyone

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4HEmmXvxdw]Justin Rhys on Close Up NZ - Wish to get bigger comes at a cost - YouTube[/ame]

Does anyone know how he's doing, they made it sound like he didn't have long to live??

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Sadly that's the reality of most bodybuilders consumed with becoming bigger and bigger.

oh my god. that is so sad and hard to watch

Very sad. I hope this hits home to some of the guys on this board. It sure did for me.

What a shame. I can't imagine a dr telling you that you will be dead within a year and what kind of stress that will put you under. Obviously he knows what he's doing to himself and just keeps on doing it, but I still feel bad for his family.

That was an upsetting video but good to post. Thank You to Big Kiwi for sharing that. I'm sure it wasn't easy but gives a different perspective on things.

that was hard to watch...feel bad for him

That video is a few years old.....

Last time I spoke with him he was doing well...Trimmed down a bit and still looking as shredded as ever!

Looks like he got his priorities back in order and was looking and feeling healthier.....

Last edited:
Yeah... this video is about 3 years old.

From what K1 says, I hope is doing much better now.

thanks for sharing that. i hope all is going well for kiwi and his health is under control.

Yes, I hope he is doing well now.

I think he dropped 40lbs and is still in shape, but his health is much better. Do not remember where I saw this.

The term body dismorphic disorder really pisses me off he does not have a disorder he has a desire

how about people that get into race cars knowing they could die or be seriously injured what fukkin disorder do they have

what about fat chicks that are content being fat which disorder is that

I dont like being told I have a disorder because I lift weights

anyhow Im glad to hear hes doing ok

The term body dismorphic disorder really pisses me off he does not have a disorder he has a desire

how about people that get into race cars knowing they could die or be seriously injured what fukkin disorder do they have

Desire kills no matter what side of the bell curve your on!

Last edited:
Yes an Old video.

Hope you are doing good Big Kiwi!! Bula:headbang:

That video is a few years old.....

Last time I spoke with him he was doing well...Trimmed down a bit and still looking as shredded as ever!

Looks like he got his priorities back in order and was looking and feeling healthier.....

so glad to hear that :cool:

he is such a cool guy

No disrespect, but you have no idea what you're talking about. This is very much a disorder and it's a killer. No one said that all people that lifts weights has this disorder. It's the fact that he sees a small person in the mirror, knows that he has serious health risks, but continues to push the limits anyway. And to answer your question about having a name for fat people, yes they do. It's called obesity and in extreme cases morbid obesity. People that are one, two, three hundred pounds over weight also have psychological issues and anyone that says differently doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.

You obviously didn't watch the video because you're trying to argue that people are saying that he has a problem simply because he lifts weights which clearly isn't the problem. No one at any time said, "people that lift weights have a disorder." The doctor explained it very clearly. He said that it is the exact opposite of anorexia so are you saying that being anorexic isn't an issue? So by your logic they are saying that all people that lose weight have a disorder? No, wanting to lose weight is completely healthy, but the moment you starve yourself for days and/or weeks to the point where you are severely malnourished is the moment when you have a severe psychological disorder. And before you try and say that you can starve during a contest prep, that's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm talking about being < 100lbs and not eating a single thing for days because you think you are morbidly obese. Same thing goes for bulimia.

Your example about being a race car driver and knowing there are risks involved holds no weight what so ever. There's a huge difference in doing something that you love and being an adrenaline junkie versus pushing your body past health limits because you think that you're not big enough, skinny enough, and no matter what you do you will never be good enough.

If you can't understand that then maybe you have a problem, too. I'm not saying that to take a shot at you. I'm just saying that because you obviously feel very strongly about the subject and you see no problem with a medical professional telling you that you will die within a year if you don't quit using so many drugs, but you keep doing drugs anyway. There is a HUGE difference with wanting to be in shape and pushing yourself harder and harder to meet your goals verse being a 250lb mass monster, but yet you think you look like 150lb skinny kid.

Tell me this..... If someone has a "desire," to lose more weight even though they only weigh 95lbs and are severely malnourished, do you think that they have a problem or that it's completely normal simply because they have a passion for losing weight?

He is doing pretty well with his Mass Nutrition company.

No disrespect taken Medic I did watch the entire video and contrary to what the doctor said I saw a man with a desire to compete and be the best at what he did I guess my point of view is different than others I get a little defensive with all the negativaty towards bodybuilders and weight lifters these days.
I love to lift weights I loved compeating in powerlifting Gawd I hope thats not some diorder I feel like society is grouping us all together as being a bunch of freaks that use illegal drugs and have mental problems.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131