over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Interesting article on HDL/LDL

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/h...esterol-found-not-to-cut-heart-risk.html?_r=0

Sorry I couldn't find references. It says however the article was in the New York Times at the bottom of the column

I don't think low HDL causes heart disease, I think low HLD is an effect of the same things that cause heart disease, such as a poor diet or a lack of exercise.

Cause and effect are very often confused in this manner with studies, scientists know the of the possibility of confusing cause and effects, but they often don't even mention it in studies, because basically it's just saying, "we may be wrong, this might not mean shit." and no one wants to say that.

I don't think low HDL causes heart disease, I think low HLD is an effect of the same things that cause heart disease, such as a poor diet or a lack of exercise.

Cause and effect are very often confused in this manner with studies, scientists know the of the possibility of confusing cause and effects, but they often don't even mention it in studies, because basically it's just saying, "we may be wrong, this might not mean shit." and no one wants to say that.

i hear ya. it was interesting to hear that low hdl isnt necessarily always the culprit that its made out to be ya know. the article really emphasized ldl as the one to watch

I've always thought that poor HDL/LDL were markers of poor health most likely caused by severe insulin resistance. I've never thought they were the cause of heart problems by themselves. Like you said it is very hard to differentiate markers from causes. It also doesn't help that the AMA is breathing down nearly every studies neck.

Assuming clean diet, consistent training, etc. AAS induced low HDL is NOT the same as HDL that's low from eating poorly, having unwanted systemic inflammation and lack of exercise.

As Kaladryn said, you can't draw parallels between cause and effect under different circumstances. Cholesterol is still being extensively studied. All that exists is large pools of data showing correlation.

Assuming clean diet, consistent training, etc. AAS induced low HDL is NOT the same as HDL that's low from eating poorly, having unwanted systemic inflammation and lack of exercise.

As Kaladryn said, you can't draw parallels between cause and effect under different circumstances. Cholesterol is still being extensively studied. All that exists is large pools of data showing correlation.

I tend to think this way too.

So you've seen my recent HDL and LDL numbers....these were very likely from the superdrol I was on. In other words my situation wouldn't be something to fret over correct

Have another test taken after bring "off" for a reasonable amount of time. AAS induced lipid abnormalities usually correct themselves after cessation given enough time (unless there are other factors).

Have another test taken after bring "off" for a reasonable amount of time. AAS induced lipid abnormalities usually correct themselves after cessation given enough time (unless there are other factors).

Yea this is the plan brotha, thanks tho

OP if it makes you feel any better, a friend of mine used superdrol for 2 weeks at 20 mg ed and got bloods during the cycle. His HDL was 8 and his liver enzymes were in the 600's. His crit was majorly out of whack too. People really under estimate how bad superdrol is for you. This was his second or third cycle and he hadn't touched gear in a couple months. His doc told him that he would be fine, but that if these numbers weren't because of the drug he took then he was a walking deadman.

The guy went on to blast at 1.5 grams of test a week and 1g masteron with 100 mg anavar cycles 10 weeks on 4 weeks off for 3 years and never had bloods anywhere near as bad as his superdrol blood work.

Superdrol is a dirty ass drug.

Ya ill never touch that shit again thats for sure

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear