over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cycle Routine Advice to Bring up Lagging Arms

bigtasty25

Registered
Hey guys....been clean 3-4 months now and getting ready to hit up a new cycle and want to prioritize my arms/delts.

My current training routine is as follows: Monday: Chest/back+calves
Tuesday: Delts/Arms+forearms
Wednesday: LEgs+calves
Thurs=Off
Fri-I touch up on everything except legs

This is basically what i did the last 4-6 months during my dieting for my last contest but want to make some shoulder and arm improvmeents so may need to i9mprovise a bit...any help would be much appreciated guys...ive been here and OLM since 2004 so i know you guys know your shit:)

Hey guys....been clean 3-4 months now and getting ready to hit up a new cycle and want to prioritize my arms/delts.

Thurs=Off

This is basically what i did the last 4-6 months during my dieting for my last contest but want to make some shoulder and arm improvmeents so may need to i9mprovise a bit...any help would be much appreciated guys...ive been here and OLM since 2004 so i know you guys know your shit:)

Get your arm training away from your chest/back training.

And move to beginner forum...

Thurs=Off

You don't need a "touch up" day.
Split is good but flip flop legs and arms days. Also take a day off in between each workout. So like m w f.

Arms a weird sometimes, so ditch all the exercises you've been using and find new ones.
Wide grip upright rows are a mother fucker for middle delts. Do some DB shrugs with a pause at the top and superset with the wide upright rows. Killer!

IMO biceps need less weight than most people use so you can do better form and really nail them and keep the delts out of it. Drag curls are awesome, concentration curls and preacher curls using the flat side. If you want to go heavy try some cross body hammer curls.

Triceps need close grip bench and dips. Those are a muscle you either have genes for or you don't. If they don't insert close to your elbow your just hosed.

Thurs=Off

Strange split man...how much volume are you doing?

Thurs=Off

Personally I would not train 2 big muscle groups together. I couldn't even imagine deadlifting after a heavy chest workout.

I would group it chest/arms; legs and calves; shoulders and back, 3 days on 1 day off then 3 days on 2 days off.

If your older late 40's 50's than I would keep it to M,W, F.

I have found for smaller muscle groups higher reps (12-15) with 30 seconds rest worked best.

switch tuesdays workout for wednesdays... then just start the cycle over again on friday... adjust volume so u can progress in weight, reps, sets, TUT, or whatever it is that u beleive in progressing on... that way you will start to hit muscles 2x every 4 days or so...

im sure you dont just dilly dally in the past w your arms, so thinking somehow you will "concentrate" on them and they will grow 2"s and the rest of your body will stay tha same, i just dont see happening... your whole body will grow as one and if your back chest overpower ur arms, well, they still probably will when ur 15lbs heavier in my experiences.... i see it this way bc i figure that everyone trains balls 2 da wallz on every muscle anyways, so how much MORE can you concentrate on?

my delts, calves, and bis hav been my weakest points since i started at 160lbs... they are defientley bigger now but still in the same proportions no matter how much ive "concentrated" on them... i know they are my weak points and go 110% on them, but they will never somehow surpass my genetic "good parts" that i train 110% as hard as possible as well...

Personally I would not train 2 big muscle groups together. I couldn't even imagine deadlifting after a heavy chest workout.

why would a chest workout effect ur back training?

why would a chest workout effect ur back training?

After heavy benches and heavy inclines do you feel you can still give 100% deadlifting heavy and heavy rows? I would always keep chest, legs and back on separate days. This way I can give 100% to benching, squatting and deadlifting which are the most important exercises.

After heavy benches and heavy inclines do you feel you can still give 100% deadlifting heavy and heavy rows? I would always keep chest, legs and back on separate days. This way I can give 100% to benching, squatting and deadlifting which are the most important exercises.

Idk bro....Chest/Back is by far my most favorite setup.

No other setup blows up my upper body the way Chest/Back does...

I do 2 exercises of Chest, 2 for back, 2 chest, 2 back.
4 exercises for chest, 4 exercises total for back.

I come out that gym looking STUPID swole...

Then again...I dont deadlift.

Also, Im a firm believer that the best growth comes from training agonist and antagonist muscles at the same time. You hit the negative and the positive of each muscle group, the entire time.

For instance, as the tricep is loading, the bicep is de-loading. As the bicep is loading, the tricep is de-loading. Why WOULDNT I train both biceps and triceps at the same time?

Also, Im a firm believer that the best growth comes from training agonist and antagonist muscles at the same time. You hit the negative and the positive of each muscle group, the entire time.

For instance, as the tricep is loading, the bicep is de-loading. As the bicep is loading, the tricep is de-loading. Why WOULDNT I train both biceps and triceps at the same time?

I never said not to train arms together. I'm just curious why no deadlifts?

I would group it chest/arms; legs and calves; shoulders and back, 3 days on 1 day off then 3 days on 2 days off.

I have found for smaller muscle groups higher reps (12-15) with 30 seconds rest worked best.

I never said not to train arms together. I'm just curious why no deadlifts?

I have extremely bad sciatic nerve tremors. I can do just about every movement except deadlifts.

Deadlifts simply create FAR too much load for my lower back....and about 3 years ago...I was deadlifting some decent weight and BOOM! Sciatica kicked in so hard, I fell flat on my face and was unable to move my lower body for 1 full minute from the extreme nerve shock. I had to be carried out the gym by 2 people.

Never again.

Why on EARTH would you train the same way you did while prepping if you.wanted to bring up several bodyparts now.

After heavy benches and heavy inclines do you feel you can still give 100% deadlifting heavy and heavy rows?

in short answer- yes lol

not saying your way is "wrong" or anything close to that...as long as u belive in ur program and progress over time in some aspects... just commenting on chest/back trainign together and my exp...

Last edited:
I have extremely bad sciatic nerve tremors. I can do just about every movement except deadlifts.

Deadlifts simply create FAR too much load for my lower back....and about 3 years ago...I was deadlifting some decent weight and BOOM! Sciatica kicked in so hard, I fell flat on my face and was unable to move my lower body for 1 full minute from the extreme nerve shock. I had to be carried out the gym by 2 people.

Never again.

Wow that sucks man! Yea I wouldn't deadlift either. I'm not familiar with the injury but I hope you can eventually recover from this.

Why is that??

hit arms more often, strict form, really focus on the negative. eat more calories then normal on those days and site inject into them.

cycles don't effect a bodypart but compounds that make u full will help, npp is great for this, as for site injecting, tne/suspension preworkout into the muscle works great. preferable a tne/susp mix with dbol(inject)

What split would you guys recommend if your going to hit arms twice a week something like

Day1 arms
day 2 legs
day 3 chest
day 4 off
day 5 arms
day 6 back
day 7 off

Do any of you run something like that or do you feel having arms and back so close could be overdoing it?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws