Talk Live To IFBB Professional BodyBuilders And Athletes About Steroids, Nutrition And Training   Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products  
Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products    Talk Live To IFBB Professional BodyBuilders And Athletes About Steroids, Nutrition And Training    Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products

Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products               Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products

©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2002-2014
CHATROOM
THIS SITE BEST VIEWED IN MINIMUM 1440 x 900 SCREEN RESOLUTION
Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products               Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products

Automatic Translations (Powered by Google, Microsoft& Apertium):
Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Czech Danish Dutch English Estonian Finnish French German Greek Haitian Creole Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Latvian Lithuanian Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Taiwanese Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
Go Back   Professional Muscle > Professional Muscle Forums > Professional Muscle Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription           CHEAP and PURE BULK SUPPLEMENTS
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription       Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription     CHEAP and PURE BULK SUPPLEMENTS
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription           CHEAP and PURE BULK SUPPLEMENTS

PM
Facebook
PM
Youtube
PM Mobile App
(Android)
PM
Pinterest
PM
Twitter
Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 02:38 AM
Banned

Prednisone- How bad is it?

Looking for some opinions on dose, duration and health side effects.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2013, 02:46 AM
Banned

Life saving for someone that needs it dont know why you think it would be good for bodybuilding.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D View Post
Life saving for someone that needs it dont know why you think it would be good for bodybuilding.
Tendinitis
Old 07-08-2013, 03:22 AM
Kilo Klub Member

Don't run it anymore than one week and get it Rx by your doctor. Corticosteroids can me pretty harsh and it's not something I would just up and start taking on my own. It is good for anti-inflammatory purposes, but the effects won't last long. I would run a low dose of Deca instead if I was in your shoes. Like 100mg/week.
Gunsmith and maldorf like this.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:41 AM
Banned

what medic08 said sounds good
Old 07-08-2013, 04:11 AM
Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter

Awards Showcase

I was the product manager for methlypredinsolone for 2 years way back. Where did you get the predisone? Are you self prescribing?

Medic is right, much more than a week and you need to start worrying about tapering off.

Short term its not so bad, and it really works. I always keep some Medrol around.

Do you have a dosing idea? It will make you hungry and thirsty and may bloat you. It may also bump up your mood.

I dunno, 20-30mg for 7 days? Many of us are taking worse stuff for a lot longer than 7 days. It probably won't kill you.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:14 AM
Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic08 View Post
Don't run it anymore than one week and get it Rx by your doctor. Corticosteroids can me pretty harsh and it's not something I would just up and start taking on my own. It is good for anti-inflammatory purposes, but the effects won't last long. I would run a low dose of Deca instead if I was in your shoes. Like 100mg/week.

I have tried the deca route - good advice - but now we are talking long term, and even 100mg a week makes me more interested in watching Oprah than having sex.
Medic08 likes this.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Kilo Klub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by triathloncoach View Post
I was the product manager for methlypredinsolone for 2 years way back. Where did you get the predisone? Are you self prescribing?

Medic is right, much more than a week and you need to start worrying about tapering off.

Short term its not so bad, and it really works. I always keep some Medrol around.

Do you have a dosing idea? It will make you hungry and thirsty and may bloat you. It may also bump up your mood.

I dunno, 20-30mg for 7 days? Many of us are taking worse stuff for a lot longer than 7 days. It probably won't kill you.

Medrol can really help short term. See if your doctor will prescribe you a dose pack. It starts off high and you taper until it runs out at the end of the week. I wouldn't lift during that week either! Let your body heal while you're taking the meds!!
Old 07-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Kilo Klub Member

My hepatologist put me on prednisone after my transplant. I had moon face until the day he told me I could go off it. I was very lethargic on it and didn't feel healthy. It's liver toxic as well. If it's prescribed by your doc and short term you'll be alright, but prednisone is not something you ever want to take long term. Also, you must taper off it.
ds44 likes this.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

Long term prednisone can possibly cause Cushing's Syndrome.

Be cautious.
maldorf and Medic08 like this.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Banned

Hello-

I have both 20mg oral and Solu-medrol 125mg inj single use. I've used the oral 60/40/20, for both 6day and 12day tapers. It seems to work very well short term and does seem to help longer term. Crepitus in my shoulder has been reduced post treatment as well. I do have some lingering tendinitis that makes it really uncomfortable to do pulling type lifts including curls. Trying to decide how long, how much and time between treatments. Sides seem to be minimal except for possible lethargy for a week post.

RG
Old 07-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Play it safe and rest the involved muscle/tendon.

Also, perform some different exercises that don't put as much strain on the involved muscle/tendon.

If absolutely necessary, use a Methylprednisolone dose pack for short term purposes only.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

I've had to take a lot of it over the last couple years for illness reasons. It didn't help my elbows at all. I'd look for an alternative.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Kilo Klub Member

My ex had to take it for a kidney problem. She had terrible insomnia and wanted to clean the house until all hours of the night. Sounds like meth, right? Not sure if everyone gets that side effect. Moon face and wolf face are a real thing. I felt so bad for her. Fortunately, it goes away after you discontinue use.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Cortisol (prednisone is a synthetic cortisol analog) will not help with tendinosis at all, and in most cases will only relieve pain from tendinitis, often causing you to further aggravate the injury. Note that ALL tendinopathy is a combination of tendinosis and tendinitis (with rare exceptions).

Synthetic cortisol will help with bursa sac issues related to tendinitis, and perhaps impingement issues related to tendinitis, but that's about it.

You should start tapering off of it the same time you start it in most cases.

Nasty, nasty drug. Do yourself a favor and see an PT instead.

"The Healthy Bodybuilder and Powerlifter: Optimizing Longevity in the Iron Sports" is now available for purchase on Shelby's website:

Shelby Starnes - The Official Website
Old 07-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

My doctor gave me Prednisone for my back after I was complaining about it for over a month.I took it for 10 days, and had to taper off like everyone said. I don't know how it could help with tendonitis. I rested and took the prescribed meds, I would have rather got 10 days of vicodin than the Prednisone but the back has been OK since.
Thor likes this.
16% BF
TRT
Old 07-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Kilo Klub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm425 View Post
My hepatologist put me on prednisone after my transplant. I had moon face until the day he told me I could go off it. I was very lethargic on it and didn't feel healthy. It's liver toxic as well. If it's prescribed by your doc and short term you'll be alright, but prednisone is not something you ever want to take long term. Also, you must taper off it.

Same here, every body part blew up like a balloon. It was not pretty!

http://www.ironman-st.com/?R=pages&N=home

Encrypted email:
[email protected]
or use this email:
[email protected]

*TAKE 20% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER WITH PROMO CODE "PROMU20%OFF"

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/fo...ml#post1830543

*Domestic Line Now Being Offered.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliendogstar View Post
My ex had to take it for a kidney problem. She had terrible insomnia and wanted to clean the house until all hours of the night. Sounds like meth, right? Not sure if everyone gets that side effect. Moon face and wolf face are a real thing. I felt so bad for her. Fortunately, it goes away after you discontinue use.
I only got the moon face the first couple times I took it. The insomnia and energy was there though. I'd get like maybe 4hrs of sleep a night, but have tons of energy all day.

I take it at 40mg/day. That shit would make me MEAN too, if I didn't split my dose to am/pm. I knew I was being an asshole, but I just couldn't stop myself. My poor wife knew it was the pred, but man, rough stuff.

Prednisone can actually leach the calcium out of your bones as well. I just got a bone density scan a couple weeks ago to make sure I wasn't doing some real damage.

All and all, its a very useful drug for what its intended for, but I certainly would chose a different alternative if one was available.

When my elbows start to really hurt to the point where I can barely pick up my 2y/o. It's time to take the week off. That usually does the trick. As much as we all hate to miss time in the gym, that week is pretty beneficial.
Thor likes this.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:42 AM
Kilo Klub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer View Post
I only got the moon face the first couple times I took it. The insomnia and energy was there though. I'd get like maybe 4hrs of sleep a night, but have tons of energy all day.

I take it at 40mg/day. That shit would make me MEAN too, if I didn't split my dose to am/pm. I knew I was being an asshole, but I just couldn't stop myself. My poor wife knew it was the pred, but man, rough stuff.

Prednisone can actually leach the calcium out of your bones as well. I just got a bone density scan a couple weeks ago to make sure I wasn't doing some real damage.

All and all, its a very useful drug for what its intended for, but I certainly would chose a different alternative if one was available.

When my elbows start to really hurt to the point where I can barely pick up my 2y/o. It's time to take the week off. That usually does the trick. As much as we all hate to miss time in the gym, that week is pretty beneficial.
Sounds like your doc prescribed you adderall, lol j/k. Test and certain other aas can leach calcium from your bones as well. I would really recommend you guys adding a calcium supplement. I kept getting small hairline fractures in my hand from golfing years ago and couldn't figure out why. I talked to my endo and he told me test can rob you of calcium so I started supplementing calcium and have never had another problem bone related since.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Kilo Klub Member

Its a necessary evil sometimes. It is a horrible drug as far as sides, but generally have to take it once a year for severe bronchittus. This year I had to take it for a freaking month, but when you cant breath you will take anything. A week shouldnt have hardly any adverse effects.