over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: Got my childhood dream car!

alpha6164

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
I remember being an 8yo kid and like most kids my age I had a poster of a Lamborghini Countach in my room. I would stare and dream of it like a fantasy. My father one day walked in and said, "...if you study and work hard, you can have a car even nicer than that." At the time, I was like my old man is smoking some crack lol. Needless to say I did take his advice and worked hard throughout my entire life. My parents were middle class and nothing was ever given to me. I started working at Wendy's at 15 and saved my own money and bought by first car which was a 1975 Nissan 280Z in 4-speed and loved that car.

To make a long story short, it was a tough road to finish high school with a 4.86 weighted GPA at 15 (they moved me up 3yrs for killing some national test in middle school), BS in Biology at 19 and got my M.D. at 23. Then another 4yrs of residency and then invited to stay as an Associate Professor for the Univ. system before getting loans from a bank that believed in my 28yo ass to open my first private practice 7yrs ago.

Since becoming an M.D. I always had a nice car from CLS55 AMGs, to M5s, M6, Lexus ISF etc, but never an exotic. And going back and trying to make my father proud and in reality proving that he was right some 30yrs ago, I decided the only thing was I had to get a Lambo Murci. I always loved these cars with their lines and in person they carry a presence that the baby lambo Gallardo does not carry even though they are a better daily driver. But I am a purist and a Lambo has to have a V12 in the back with doors that go up. So finally after 6 months of search I found the car that got my attention. It is an Arancio Atlas (pearl orange), with upgraded racing exhaust and everything else you can imagine. Flew out and looked at the car, everything checked out, wired the money and the bull was in an enclosed trailer and came to me in 3 days.

First thing I did, was drive the car to my parents house and when my dad walked out his jaw dropped and asked me if it was mine. I smiled and said "dad you told me I could have one even nicer than the Countach and you were so right." Needless to say he was super stoked. I have had the car for about 3 months now and has been an absolute joy. I have owned an 1100hp supra that would destroy this lambo in straight line speed but when it comes to every other aspect, the Murci really wins hands down. Just wanted to share with you guys this journey and story with you all :)

Attachments

• Murci_2.jpg
    Murci_2.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,356
  • murci4.jpg
    murci4.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 1,209
  • murci3.jpg
    murci3.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 1,134
Sweeeeet. Congrats alpha.

That's a great and inspirational story.

Congrats!

I was hoping it would be orange lol

thats AWESOME man congrats!

how often do you drive it?

my god thats a beautiful car

on a side note, you now have a new worst enemy, Gutters, Curbs and Ppeed Bumps LOL

congrats man

Awesome car....Congrats on working hard for what you want and it payed off, most kids now want everything handed to them.

I'm not doctor....but that car is sick.

:) Congrats!

Hows the resale on cars like this? Do they hold value pretty good?

Awesome! Glad to see people enjoying life and everything they have worked for! I noticed you said you have driven M's before, I own an e46 m3 myself.
Not on the Lamborghini game yet! (;

Thanks for all the compliments and positive words guys. I have driven the car close to 3k miles in last three months. That is more miles than the original owner drove in the last three years lol I have slowed down. I have three other cars so this is definitely not a daily driver. But damn when I open the garage I look at my 2012 $80K BMW and I don't even wanna get in lol. And trust me I am not THAT guy but it is like being a kid again. The first few days I would literally get up at night and open the door from inside to the garage and make sure I was not fantasizing about all this :)

All exotics take a big hit at first. This car with all its option was initially north of $360K. They take a huge hit first couple of years and settle down. Even 1991 Diablos are selling north of $100k. Only 3099 of the Murcis were made from 2002 till 2010 world wide, and many have been totaled and wrapped around trees and telephone poles so there are not too many around.

Hows the resale on cars like this? Do they hold value pretty good?

you don't buy cars like that for resale. Obviously that car holds more value than the actually car. He doesn't see just a car, he says his dad saying, he sees all the hard work and dedication he has done.

Alpha I also have the same dream you have just accomplished. I remember being a young boy and seeing exotics in the nice part of town. I wanted one and have told myself that. I remember buying my first M series bmw. I remember people telling me I would never own an m3. Hell, now I beat that I own an m5. I have a love for cars that will never go away, cause to some of us that means a lot more than just the actual car.

You've worked hard and met your goal...Congrats! By the way, what does insurance run on something like that?

Alpha, not trying to solicit or anything, but if you need anything in the realm of insurance (auto, home, professional etc) I'd love to help you out seeing how you helped me out when I had that infection a few months back. We're both in FL so hit me up if I can assist you with anything

You've worked hard and met your goal...Congrats! By the way, what does insurance run on something like that?

Hey brother. I was away from the boards for a bit and just read your thread on the medical issues. I have you in my thoughts and hope all goes well. Believe it or not insurance is no bad but that is because I have home, three other cars and businesses all with one top tier company so I am only paying $2600 a year($216/month) full coverage of course. My 25yo gf pays $200 a month for her Acura lol.

I remember being an 8yo kid and like most kids my age I had a poster of a Lamborghini Countach in my room. I would stare and dream of it like a fantasy. My father one day walked in and said, "...if you study and work hard, you can have a car even nicer than that." At the time, I was like my old man is smoking some crack lol. Needless to say I did take his advice and worked hard throughout my entire life. My parents were middle class and nothing was ever given to me. I started working at Wendy's at 15 and saved my own money and bought by first car which was a 1975 Nissan 280Z in 4-speed and loved that car.

To make a long story short, it was a tough road to finish high school with a 4.86 weighted GPA at 15 (they moved me up 3yrs for killing some national test in middle school), BS in Biology at 19 and got my M.D. at 23. Then another 4yrs of residency and then invited to stay as an Associate Professor for the Univ. system before getting loans from a bank that believed in my 28yo ass to open my first private practice 7yrs ago.

Since becoming an M.D. I always had a nice car from CLS55 AMGs, to M5s, M6, Lexus ISF etc, but never an exotic. And going back and trying to make my father proud and in reality proving that he was right some 30yrs ago, I decided the only thing was I had to get a Lambo Murci. I always loved these cars with their lines and in person they carry a presence that the baby lambo Gallardo does not carry even though they are a better daily driver. But I am a purist and a Lambo has to have a V12 in the back with doors that go up. So finally after 6 months of search I found the car that got my attention. It is an Arancio Atlas (pearl orange), with upgraded racing exhaust and everything else you can imagine. Flew out and looked at the car, everything checked out, wired the money and the bull was in an enclosed trailer and came to me in 3 days.

First thing I did, was drive the car to my parents house and when my dad walked out his jaw dropped and asked me if it was mine. I smiled and said "dad you told me I could have one even nicer than the Countach and you were so right." Needless to say he was super stoked. I have had the car for about 3 months now and has been an absolute joy. I have owned an 1100hp supra that would destroy this lambo in straight line speed but when it comes to every other aspect, the Murci really wins hands down. Just wanted to share with you guys this journey and story with you all :)

Good for you, that is a great story about you and your father.
A great post.

Hey brother. I was away from the boards for a bit and just read your thread on the medical issues. I have you in my thoughts and hope all goes well. Believe it or not insurance is no bad but that is because I have home, three other cars and businesses all with one top tier company so I am only paying $2600 a year($216/month) full coverage of course. My 25yo gf pays $200 a month for her Acura lol.

dam she's paying a lot I pay 110 for my bmw.

you don't buy cars like that for resale. Obviously that car holds more value than the actually car. He doesn't see just a car, he says his dad saying, he sees all the hard work and dedication he has done.

Alpha I also have the same dream you have just accomplished. I remember being a young boy and seeing exotics in the nice part of town. I wanted one and have told myself that. I remember buying my first M series bmw. I remember people telling me I would never own an m3. Hell, now I beat that I own an m5. I have a love for cars that will never go away, cause to some of us that means a lot more than just the actual car.

Well I've owned several vipers and ZO6 vettes, actually have a new ZO6 vette right now but was looking into Lambos...

Last edited:
Well I've owned several vipers and ZO6 vettes, actually have a new ZO6 vette right now but was looking into Lambos...

well, I apologize for mis reading your post as it seemed to come off as saying "bad investment" or something of that sort. I get people telling me ohh you could of bought a small house or some land etc etc instead of that car. Defeats the purpose to have some joy in life and the sacrifices I have made.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131