over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Teach me how to use Peptopro protein!

Landmonster

Registered
So, on the advice of respected ppl like Knight and John Meadows, I finally bit the bullet and purchased some Peptopro protein and Highly Branched Chain Dextrin (HBCD).

Now that I have this high-tech workout drink, is there any special way to use it? Should I just drink it post-workout like a regular shake?

Current protocol:
So far, I've been eating a regular meal pre-workout, then drinking my shake (50g Peptopro, 50g HBCD) immediately post workout.

So far I have noticed the following from the shake:
-Less bloating
-Stomach feels empty after drinking it (weird)
-No appetite suppression from drinking it
-No lethargy/sleepiness rom drinking it.

For years I have always slammed down a Whey Isolate + Dextrose shake immediately after training, and I always got bloated, a full-stomach, and immediately became sleepy or tired.

From this new shake... I have no bloat, my stomach feels empty, I can eat a meal very soon after drinking it, and I'm not very sleepy feeling at all.

However, I have not noticed any improvement or differences in recovery though.

Thoughts? Can I drink this more intelligently somehow? Should I be sipping it during my workout too, or consume it more slowly? Should I add more carbs, etc? Does it matter?

Last edited:
50g peptopro is WAY too much.

You need to start out with 10-15g and adjust from there. John uses a heaping amount(much more than most people) and he uses 45g throughout the entire workout. This is a dose he worked up to to find when the soreness decreased. Many people get by on anywhere between 15-30g Peptopro for the entire workout.

You should definitely use it intra workout...whether thats one large shake diluted with lots of water or 2-3 smaller shakes with 10-15g per shake.

There's not really a need to use it at any other time including pre workout. Post workout would be ok if you were not a fan of intra workout but it would be best to be immediately used as soon as you finish training.

Experiment starting from 15g and your carbs can be anywhere from 50-150...but more likely 50-100.

Current protocol:
So far, I've been eating a regular meal pre-workout, then drinking my shake (50g Peptopro, 50g HBCD) immediately post workout.

eat real food(about 30g carbs and some almond butter) an hour before gym. Drink your mixture DURING your workout(I also add 3 scoops BCAA plus from truenutrition). 30 minutes after you workout eat your lean meat and carb post workout meal. I use eggwhites and yams. Also on leg and back days you can up HBCD to 75g

This came directly from a man I respect greatly!!!

You need to start out with 10-15g and adjust from there. John uses a heaping amount(much more than most people) and he uses 45g throughout the entire workout. This is a dose he worked up to to find when the soreness decreased. Many people get by on anywhere between 15-30g Peptopro for the entire workout.

You should definitely use it intra workout...whether thats one large shake diluted with lots of water or 2-3 smaller shakes with 10-15g per shake.

There's not really a need to use it at any other time including pre workout. Post workout would be ok if you were not a fan of intra workout but it would be best to be immediately used as soon as you finish training.

Experiment starting from 15g and your carbs can be anywhere from 50-150...but more likely 50-100.

I was typing my reply same time as you!! I use roughly 36g pepto pro myself... And I emptied a 3 litre gatorade bottle and throw it all in that.

If you get mango Glycofuse and lemonlime bcaa plus and lemonade peptopro it is delicioso!!!

Does workout length play into this? How would I use the shakes under each workout, and would the protein amount differ?

Workout A) Chest (45 minutes)

Workout B) Chest and back (90 minutes)

Also.... What's the harm in using 50g of hydrolyzed protein? am I damaging myself somehow?

Last edited:
I should say...its way too much at once..in one bolus serving.

If you are going to do post workout 15-20g will do fine with sufficient carbs and a whole food meal 45-60min later.

But I believe it would be more optimal to use 30, 35 or possibly 40g of it sipped steadily throughout the workout.

Now, another important question is do you do high volume and relatively long workouts? These intra workout drinks that are often sipped on seem to work very well in 60-120min high volume sessions. If your workout are limited to 30 minutes and aren't as high volume, you'd probably be best served by adjusting downward your amount of casein hydrolysate and carbohydrates.

Real Steele has the right idea too. Im not sure I would waste my time with BCAA...perhaps just Leucine if anything. Without casein hydrolysate, I would definitely use 20-25g BCAA.

Does workout length play into this? How would I use the shakes under each workout, and would the protein amount differ?

Also.... What's the harm in using 50g of hydrolyzed protein? am I damaging myself somehow?

Think of it this way. Each scoop of what John Meadows likes to use has 38g carbs and 15g protein. (these are casein hydrolysates and HBCD)

Arm days:2 scoops (30g pro 76g carbs)
Other days:3 scoops (45/113)
Leg days:4 scoops (60/152)

P.S. I am not sure if he does 3 or 4 scoops on back day. He also has a very large amount of accrued muscle he has to feed. Your dosing will probably be lighter in the amounts depending on your level of development, but you can apply the same thinking/strategy.

Real Steele has the right idea too. Im not sure I would waste my time with BCAA...perhaps just Leucine if anything. Without casein hydrolysate, I would definitely use 20-25g BCAA.

I used to think that way as well Knight9, however I did a bunch of reading on leucine needing the other aminos to do its job and personally didnt feel as much recovery from leucine as I do BCAA plus... One of the reasons I like the BCAA ples is the added glutamine in it. Glutamine helps with insulemic responses in my post workout food meal. I also use GDAs from true nutrition with that food meal.

I know a lot of guys are doing high leucine but I just didnt see/feel anything other than a lighter bank account.

First you get the insulin........

This is not necessary but applicable. John does not use insulin and as by evidence of threads on these boards, neither does Mark Dugdale.

Now, another important question is do you do high volume and relatively long workouts? These intra workout drinks that are often sipped on seem to work very well in 60-120min high volume sessions. If your workout are limited to 30 minutes and aren't as high volume, you'd probably be best served by adjusting downward your amount of casein hydrolysate and carbohydrates.

This is a good question. My goal is to train 2 bodyparts per day.

I was wondering if I should train twice a day, 1 bodypart each session. Something like, ( Chest in the morning, Triceps at night ), each workout lasting 45-60 minutes.

Or, should I do Chest and Triceps all together, lasting 90-120 minutes?

Normally, those long type of workouts leave me feeling exhausted, but I was thinking it might just be from a lack of peri-workout nutrition, and a low-tech post workout shake.

I was hoping with the new shakes it might be possible to do long sessions, and have it be no* worse than training twice a day.

Last edited:
I used to think that way as well Knight9, however I did a bunch of reading on leucine needing the other aminos to do its job and personally didnt feel as much recovery from leucine as I do BCAA plus... One of the reasons I like the BCAA ples is the added glutamine in it. Glutamine helps with insulemic responses in my post workout food meal. I also use GDAs from true nutrition with that food meal.

I know a lot of guys are doing high leucine but I just didnt see/feel anything other than a lighter bank account.

Well, it's pretty well studied that Leucine does almost all the important work and I did read theories where isoleucine and valine compete for uptake.
I'm not 100% sure on it...as I use casein hydrolysate and make sure to dose leucine at around 5g at a time.

WOW,,how many sets are you doing per body part?

This is not necessary but applicable. John does not use insulin and as by evidence of threads on these boards, neither does Mark Dugdale.

Oh ya.. get John talking about insulin and diuretics and you are in for it!! They really arent as necessary as people have been made to think with the right nutritional plan.

This is a good question. My goal is to train 2 bodyparts per day.

I was wondering if I should train twice a day, 1 bodypart each session. Something like, ( Chest in the morning, Triceps at night ), each workout lasting 45-60 minutes.

Or, should I do Chest and Triceps all together, lasting 90-120 minutes?

Normally, those long type of workouts leave me feeling exhausted, but I was thinking it might just be from a lack of peri-workout nutrition, and a low-tech post workout shake.

I was hoping with the new shakes it might be possible to do long sessions, and have it be no* worse than training twice a day.

I would pair it into one long workout with an adequate pre workout meal and intra workout nutrition. John says himself this is the biggest factor.

His concoction is cream of rice, nut butter, and some sugar free syrup. The fat slows the carbs to a trickle into your bloodstream instead of bombarding it and making you feel hypo.

You have to have a PERFECT diet to execute two training sessions daily for mass gain. It requires a good deal of food and really good timing. Your long sessions should get much easier to get through with the pre workout meal and intra workout nutrition.

Last edited:
From what I have read, the harm in taking too much casein hydrolysate at once is a negative nitrogen balance state. Casein hydro is very efficient and takes very little to create a surge in amino acid levels.

Well, it's pretty well studied that Leucine does almost all the important work and I did read theories where isoleucine and valine compete for uptake.
I'm not 100% sure on it...as I use casein hydrolysate and make sure to dose leucine at around 5g at a time.

you are correct.. mtor pathway and all that stuff that confuses the layman. Info on its effects in humans are scarce though and leucine alone stimulates the breakdown of its 2 other counterparts isoleucine and valine, which could hinder their use in muscle building scenario.

References if you want to read them:
Shimomura, Y., et al., Exercise promotes BCAA catabolism: effects of BCAA supplementation on skeletal muscle during exercise. The Journal of nutrition, 2004. 134(6 Suppl): p. 1583S-1587S. Exercise promotes BCAA catabolism: effects of BCAA su... [J Nutr. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

Wiltafsky, M.K., et al., The effects of branched-chain amino acid interactions on growth performance, blood metabolites, enzyme kinetics and transcriptomics in weaned pigs. The British journal of nutrition, 2010. 103(7): p. 964-76. The effects of branched-chain amino acid interacti... [Br J Nutr. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

I would pair it into one long workout with an adequate pre workout meal and intra workout nutrition. John says himself this is the biggest factor.

What is the biggest factor, intra workout nutrition?

I've always eaten large pre-workout meals, but it just seems like I run out of "gas" after a while of intense lifting. It's more of an energy thing than a fitness thing.

It seems like the 2nd bodypart I train always ends up being less intense than the first... so I just logically though of trying to train twice a day. I'd come back later in the day to do the other bodypart. It seems to work pretty well, except sometimes I get "systemically" fatigued. Meaning, I just feel overall tired the next day.

Last edited:
What is the biggest factor, intra workout nutrition?

I've always eaten large pre-workout meals, but it just seems like I run out of "gas" after a while of intense lifting. It's more of an energy thing than a fitness thing.

you only need about 30g of carbs an hour before workout with some fat(almond butter) and then you sip on the intra workout drink described above... HBCD are amazing for that

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws