advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: ***UFC Discussion Thread*** (upcoming fights, updates, breaking news, etc)

soloartist56

Registered
I would like to make a thread in which I will be updating periodically with upcoming fights, weigh ins/pics/interviews, and any breaking news regarding the Ultimate Fighting Championships all in a single thread. I know this is a bodybuilding board first and foremost but there are a good amount of MMA fans on here in which I think we can have a nice mature intelligent conversation without having a million little teenagers trolling hard like they do on MMA boards. I hope I have a good response to this thread and thank you for reading and any future participation in this thread. :)

**broken link removed**

The fight we have all been waiting is almost here. The reigning, defending UFC Welterweight Champion, Georges "Rush" St-Pierre is finally going to square off against the #1 contender, Johny "Bigg Rigg" Hendricks.

Will GSP successfully defend his title for the 9th time in a row, or will Hendricks pull off the upset with another vicious one punch knockout?

It's Time!!

The Challenger
Johny "Bigg Rigg" Hendricks

**broken link removed**

Johny Hendricks (15-1) is considered by many to be the hardest hitter in the UFC's welterweight division. He has finished 8 of his wins as a professional Mixed Martial Artist by knockout with 4 of them in the first round. He is a 3-time NCAA Division 1 All-American Wrestling Champion out of the Oklahoma State University, it is safe to say that he is a very good wrestler, and on paper he is one of, if not the best in the division.

Hendricks is mostly known for his powerful left hand, although his opponents know that's where most of his knockouts come from, it seems that most of them just can't avoid. Hendricks is surprisingly fast and he has finished 3 of his fights by knockout in under a minute. He was considered the #1 contender for quite a while, but he didn't receive his well-deserved shot right away, so he had to take another fight instead of staying on the sidelines for over a year, he decided to stay active. He won again, and now he's finally getting his chance to fight the champion for the title.

Johny Hendricks has notable wins over Amir Sadollah, Ricardo Funch, TJ Grant, Charlie Brenneman, TJ Waldburger, Mike Pierce, Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck, Martin Kampmann and Carlos Condit.
[/CENTER]

The Champion

Georges "Rush" St-Pierre

**broken link removed**

GSP (24-2) is known as the greatest welterweight in the history of the UFC and MMA altogether. One of the most dominant fighters of all time, St-Pierre has finished 13 of his 24 wins as a professional Mixed Martial Artist. 8 by knockout and 5 by submission, with 11 wins by decision. He hasn't finished a fight inside the octagon since the beginning of 2009, but he has dominated every single opponent placed in front of him in order to retain his gold strap.

Although he didn't wrestler in high school or college, St-Pierre is considered to be the best wrestler in the UFC today, scoring 84 of 112 take down attempts, 75%. He has also landed the most significant strikes as well, 1153 out of 2130. He's very accurate with his jab, he uses it consistently and it's worked wonders for him. "Rush" is one of the most intelligent fighters, he really knows what it takes to come out on top. He never squeaks out a win, he always dominates his opponent for 25 minutes and there's never any question about who the winner was. Johny Hendricks is his biggest challenge yet as a professional Mixed Martial Artist. He has a very tough fight ahead of it.

Georges St-Pierre has notable wins over Karo Parisyan, Jay Hieron, Jason Miller, Matt Hughes (twice), Sean Sherk, BJ Penn (twice), Matt Serra, Jon Fitch, Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy, Josh Koscheck (twice), Jake Shields, Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz.

This is going to be a good one, this is the champion's toughest opponent to date. Many fans are backing up Hendricks to pull off the upset and win by another devastating knockout.

Who will come out on top? does St-Pierre retain his title once again? or does Hendricks shock the world?

GIFS - Johny Hendricks​

Martin Kampmann
**broken link removed**
Jon Fitch
**broken link removed**
Amir Sadollah​
ezskm.jpg
Charlie Brenneman​
**broken link removed**
Carlos Condit(can't find gif)​
089_Carlos_Condit_vs_Johny_Hendricks_gallery_post.jpg

GIFS - Georges St-Pierre​

Matt Hughs Fight #2​
**broken link removed**
Matt Serra Fight #2​
[CENTER]
[CENTER][IMG]https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s41/Penkis/gspknn.gif

BJ Penn Fight #2
georges-st-pierre_bj-penn_2.gif

Thiago Alves
gsp-alves.gif
[/CENTER]

Jon Fitch​
**broken link removed**

MY PICK = GSP via DECISION I would like to add Hendricks has a real chance of landing a huge shot and potentially KOing GSP. Who you got ??

Last edited:
Tomorrow Saturday Oct 26th​

UFC_FIGHT_NIGHT_30.jpg

MAIN CARD (10/26/13 - 3:00 pm EST) FOX SPORTS 2

Lyoto Machida (19-4) vs. Mark Munoz (13-3)

Melvin Guillard (31-12-2) vs. Ross Pearson (15-6)

Ryan Jimmo (18-2) vs. Jimi Manuwa (13-0)

Norman Parke (18-2) vs. Jon Tuck (7-0)

Nicholas Musoke (10-2-1) vs. Alessio Sakara (15-10)

Phil Harris (22-10) vs. John Lineker (22-6)

UFC PRELIMS LIVE STREAM ON FACEBOOK (12:00 pm EST)

Piotr Hallmann (14-1) vs. Al Iaquinta (6-2-1)

Luke Barnatt (6-0) vs. Andrew Craig (9-1)

Jessica Andrade (9-3) vs. Rosi Sexton (13-3)

Cole Miller (19-8) vs. Andy Ogle (9-2)

Jimy Hettes (10-1) vs. Robert Whiteford (10-1)

Michael Kuiper (12-2) vs. Brad Scott (8-2)​

Staredowns​

machida-munoz_1.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Machida-Munoz_2.jpg

Guillard-Pearson.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMZqzua2foU]UFC Manchester: Official Weigh-In - YouTube[/ame]

Calling it now. Machida via Decision, Guillard 1st rd KO

I'm so pumped for the GSP fight, GF is too (GSP is every girls favorite fighter lol). Hendricks is going to be a tough fight. GSP making the comeback he has from those knee injurys is amazing. But, he has been taking more shots lately. And Diaz of all people stuffed some TDs. If he's back on track and shaken off the rust he should be too much for Johnny.

I'm bummed I don't get FS2. Lyoto is my GFs 2nd favorite fighter. I'm excited to see him at 185.

I cannot wait til GSP fights Hendricks. It's going to be very interesting. GSP is my favorite but Hendricks has a hand as heavy as bricks. He broke it last fight though I think so it will be interesting to see. I really hope GSP wins but this guy could give him some serious trouble.

GSP will lay and pray as usual. If he tries to stand with a well conditioned hendricks its not good for him. It's not like the Thiago Alves fight where he kept distance and 1-2 takedown won. If he can't get Hendricks down, Hendricks will just stalk him ala Hendo and eventually land that bomb of a left hand.

Hendricks wrestling chops are also the best GSP has faced to this point.

Really looking forward to the GSP fight. Hopefully it will be a good fight but I am sure GSP will stick to his normal game plan. He will try to smother and out point his opponent

Hendricks: "I know how to defeat a wrestler"​
[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UldX8gytZSo]Johny Hendricks' goal is to KO Georges St-Pierre w/right hand - YouTube[/ame]

UFC 167 Trailer​
[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8IAyP7kHEE]UFC 167 on Pay-Per-View Preview - YouTube[/ame]

GSP 1st amateur MMA fight caught on video (2000)​
[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdnWbd8Xvvs]@GeorgeStPierre 1 fight Ama MMA fight montreal video by @Ivanmenjivar - YouTube[/ame]

Dos Santos's face as of today. Healing nicely.​
1395922_757564217602441_1048710960_n.jpg

Last edited:
I know a lot of people say GSP just lays and prays but that could not be further from the truth. He is a machine and his only 2 losses he came back and embarrassed both of them and destroyed them. 

He works all 5 rounds like a damn bulldog on a pork chop. He doesn't just lay there, he punches, drops elbows, knees, and works the whole damn fight without slowing down. Remember how BJ Penn was supposed to beat GSP (they hype EVERY guy GSP fights but no one is beating him), and he couldn't come back out after the round was over.

His jabs are lethal and he lands them all the time. His opponents know exactly what his game plan is and what he plans to do to them and there is not a damn thing they can do about it.  IMHO he is on his way to being the GOAT.

I can tell you from someone who has seen every single UFC fight since UFC 1 (the good ol days with no weight classes and they fought 3 times in one night).  A 90 second Tyson knockout (my dad cursed the TV when that happened against Spinks and never paid for another PPV) is not something I want to pay $45 for (well I don't have to pay any more ;) ) but I want to watch GSP like the precision machine he is and just take every opponent to school. Honestly a good 3 rounds of him giving someone a beating then a nice knock out or sub would be good but its just as amazing to watch 5 rounds of talent.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I know a lot of people say GSP just lays and prays but that could not be further from the truth. He is a machine and his only 2 losses he came back and embarrassed both of them and destroyed them. 

He works all 5 rounds like a damn bulldog on a pork chop. He doesn't just lay there, he punches, drops elbows, knees, and works the whole damn fight without slowing down. Remember how BJ Penn was supposed to beat GSP (they hype EVERY guy GSP fights but no one is beating him), and he couldn't come back out after the round was over.

His jabs are lethal and he lands them all the time. His opponents know exactly what his game plan is and what he plans to do to them and there is not a damn thing they can do about it.  IMHO he is on his way to being the GOAT.

I can tell you from someone who has seen every single UFC fight since UFC 1 (the good ol days with no weight classes and they fought 3 times in one night).  A 90 second Tyson knockout (my dad cursed the TV when that happened against Spinks and never paid for another PPV) is not something I want to pay $45 for (well I don't have to pay any more ;) ) but I want to watch GSP like the precision machine he is and just take every opponent to school. Honestly a good 3 rounds of him giving someone a beating then a nice knock out or sub would be good but its just as amazing to watch 5 rounds of talent.

The G.O.A.T. is someone that is capable of finishing fights.

The G.O.A.T. is someone that is capable of finishing fights.

Silva used to all the time then got his ass knocked right out and will again btw. John Jones was shown in his last fight to be real close to losing that belt and will happen soon. GSP will not lose anymore fights. GSP's next step is retirement or super fights.

Silva used to all the time then got his ass knocked right out and will again btw. John Jones was shown in his last fight to be real close to losing that belt and will happen soon. GSP will not lose anymore fights. GSP's next step is retirement or super fights.

Don't get me wrong GSP is solid and he never shows up to a fight not prepared. He destroyed Matt hughs, Serra, Josh, penn etc. I don't think a super fight with Anderson is a good idea though. To much on the line for either fighter. It's just my opinion but I think you will see the Anderson in this rematch that we saw vs Rich Franklin. Win or loose we will get Anderson focused and at his best rather then us mma fans getting robbed in his last fight. His last fight he got caught showboating... Let's hope he takes the fight serious this time

Watch Free LIVE UFC Prelims On Right Now !

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6ow1fqOdu4]UFC Manchester Prelims - YouTube[/ame]

Is anyone else pissed off that they are showing the fight on Fox sports 2 today?! Does anyone even have this channel? I hate when they start trying new shit. Just leave the fucking fights on Fox or FS1.

Shit, I don't have it either unless I want to pay $10:mad::mad::rolleyes::banghead::mad:

Yeah, there's no way I'm paying for it for one possible fight a month. I know that this is an agreement that Fox and the UFC have. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. Just another way to get people to spend more money on their cable bills to buy FS2. I think that they're going to see that most people will not buy FS2 and their ratings are going to be at an all time low for this fight.

I'm pretty pissed though bc I was really looking forward to seeing Machidas debut @ MW. I think he will win, but Munoz won't go quietly.

Gosh I use to watch this stuff all the time I still do every now and then. They just have so many fights it has become not as interesting to follow. I know I speak for a lot of fans. I use to be a member of a mma forum and the sport collectible wise has taken.
However I still watch it when I can as it still fun to watch. I do think Hendricks has a great chance. GSP always steps up his traning when it comes to tougher fighters however it will be intersesting to see if JH can do this

GSP aka Go Score Points. Prepare yourself for 25 min snoozefest. If you take out the Penn fight, the guy hasn't finished a fight in 5 years. If he stepped up and fought someone at 185 i might watch that fight.

Sent from my LG-MS695 using Tapatalk 2

I have fios so we get fs2 but don't think its in HD. In sure the fight will be streaming on those ghetto feeds online.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner