over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Drinking egg whites?

Simon_454

Registered
So what's the consensus on this I hear one group saying protein is not absorbed near as much unless its cooked and another saying its fine. I wanna eliminate protein powders from my diet and go with all whole foods but still need the connivence of a shake at sometimes I see egg whites fitting this perfectly just so long as I get benefit from them

I drink 1 carton of liquid egg whites every day. Never had an issue.

Yu can check these guys out, never used them but heard a lot of good things about them. And i believe they have chocolate

There's a ton of threads on this. Someone asks it like every 2 weeks. Basically, its usually split like 50/50 on people who like or hate it

I drink 2xday. Only problem I have is the gas is terrible. So I will take a gas x or something like that and it gets rid of the problem

It doesn't bother my stomach or anything Im just asking does the protein actually absorb, supposedly there's not much bioavailability in raw eggs so you only absorb like 40% of the protein does anybody find this to be true?

There's a ton of threads on this. Someone asks it like every 2 weeks. Basically, its usually split like 50/50 on people who like or hate it

Not really. Pretty much everyone agrees that pasteurized liquid egg white cartons are just as good when you drink them. The carton even has smoothie recipes on them for drinking purposes.

Weird, I find drinking egg whites to be one of the smoothest and easiest foods on my digestive system. Cooked eggs can cause gas sometimes, but drinking a carton of whites goes down easy (tastes horrid though) and digests great for me.

Drink away! There is no difference between denaturing egg protein with heat or with stomach acid it's the same. The difference is the person and how much protein their body can absorb at any given time, given many different factors.

I got ready for a contest prep and decided instead of drinking 100g of whey (in addition to 2.5lb of chicken a day) I would drink 2 egg white cartons a day and I had only minor digestive issues, medium gas issues, and I LOST tons of weight. I believe it affects how your body digests other food in a negative way.

You can even find posts by me on other boards praising egg whites but I was wrong, the results don't lie. Egg whites need to be cooked to be properly digested.

I got ready for a contest prep and decided instead of drinking 100g of whey (in addition to 2.5lb of chicken a day) I would drink 2 egg white cartons a day and I had only minor digestive issues, medium gas issues, and I LOST tons of weight. I believe it affects how your body digests other food in a negative way.

You can even find posts by me on other boards praising egg whites but I was wrong, the results don't lie. Egg whites need to be cooked to be properly digested.

This is the kind of response I was looking for pretty good proof there unless something else changed from your last prep

Ur body denatures the protein in ur stomach just like heat does on a stove. They don't have to be cooked b4 u eat them. This is from 3 seperate Dr's. All said the same thing. Was ur protein powder protein from egg whites, or was it milk protein? They are all complete proteins but individually we process different proteins in different ways. This is what I've been told by Dr's. So don't freak out lol!!!!!!

I also drink my egg whites. I had bad gas at first but now its a no problem for me.

This is the kind of response I was looking for pretty good proof there unless something else changed from your last prep

No other changes. Basically there's no escaping we have to earn our protein intake I guess. And besides eat a chicken breast post work out and and then drink an egg white carton and tell me which one was more of a muscle builder.

Slamming raw egg whites

I've been drinking cartons of egg whites for some time now. I now have access to a free and an unlimited supply of fresh, raw, free range eggs. I was considering drinking the egg whites instead of pasteurized eggs whites. Initially, I was concerned about salmonella. However, after reading some information on salmonella, I discovered that only 1 in 30,000 eggs are infected with salmonella. The egg shell is the barrier between salmonella and the egg white and yolk. And, as long as you consume an egg that has been cleaned, one that is not cracked and one that has been refrigerated, the chances of getting salmonella are next to nothing.

If anyone has any knowledge regarding eating raw egg whites, please let me know your thoughts. I appreciate the positive feed back.

Ive been drinking eggwhites for years now. I like to mix strawberries, bananas and blueberries with them too. Nice way to start the morning.

I've been drinking cartons of egg whites for some time now. I now have access to a free and an unlimited supply of fresh, raw, free range eggs. I was considering drinking the egg whites instead of pasteurized eggs whites. Initially, I was concerned about salmonella. However, after reading some information on salmonella, I discovered that only 1 in 30,000 eggs are infected with salmonella. The egg shell is the barrier between salmonella and the egg white and yolk. And, as long as you consume an egg that has been cleaned, one that is not cracked and one that has been refrigerated, the chances of getting salmonella are next to nothing.

If anyone has any knowledge regarding eating raw egg whites, please let me know your thoughts. I appreciate the positive feed back.

I have eaten raw eggs whites for years and have never gotten sick from it. Make sure to thoroughly wash the shells with soap and water(this is where the salmonella is) so as not to contaminate the inside.

I drink around 1 carton of All Whites per day and have no problems.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws