over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how much to eat when dropping bf

surf256

Registered
I'm looking to start leaning out and have been looking at a lot of different diets (Paleo, Keto, etc)out there. It's tough to choose one when they all seem good in there own ways.

Outside of these diets how are you guys figuring out how much protein, carbs, fats, and calories to consume a day when you want to drop body fat?

I'm looking to start leaning out and have been looking at a lot of different diets (Paleo, Keto, etc)out there. It's tough to choose one when they all seem good in there own ways.

Outside of these diets how are you guys figuring out how much protein, carbs, fats, and calories to consume a day when you want to drop body fat?

Work out what your eating now to maintain and subtract about 500 calories from fats or carbs. Every few weeks drop a little more depending on progress. I like to drop fats first, then carbs but don't go below 300. When im at 300 carbs I'll add cardio, slightly reduce proteinand if I stall go back to maintainance for a few weeks and start again

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

IMO diet is always about the individual, because everyone's body reacts differently. I experimented a lot with mine over time, and personally found I do best with keto while i'm leaning out. But my training partner reacts better to a split of day 1: 3 carb meals, day 2: 2 carb meals, day 3: 1 carb meal, day 4: no carbs just veggies and proteins/fats. And keto doesn't work for him worth a crap. Try them all and see what your body likes. Remember, you wanna be metabolic without going catabolic, so always keep your aminos plentiful, especially right away in the mornig

I think we're all still trying to perfect our strategies. I personally tried quite a few and still don't know what is BEST. I do like the concept of pro/ fat meals w/ a small amount of carbs pre w/o then carbs mostly post. I feel the increased insulin sensitivity plays a significant role. I also feel undue cutting calories did the opposite for me in terms of fat loss, and cheated more consistently. I think if your not in rush to do a show experiment and take it slow I'm seeing the slower rate of fat loss (by eating more food) the better I look.

low carb high fat works for me but thinking about trying zero added fats keeping protein and carbs high

Easy, find out how many calories you burn a day with no activity. Next consume that amount of calories with a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight as a minimum to preserve muscle mass while losing fat. Consume enough carbs to get you through your workouts and the rest in quality fats.

There is a top 20 list on the Internet somewhere on the highest quality foods to consume, pick your food sources from that list.

Don’t cut calories because you will decrease nutrients, but increase exercise to burn fat.

Example; If you want to lose 1 pound of BF a week than do 500 calories of exercise a day. If you want to lose 2 pounds a week of BF than do 1000 calories a day of exercise.

If you stop working out all-together you will not gain the weigh you lost back because what you consume and what you burn are equal.

I’ve been going for about 9 months now on this pattern and have lost 50 pounds with no problem keeping it off. Diet fads don’t work for most of us in the long run, you have to change your eating lifestyle until the box goes in the ground.

Decrease your caloric intake by 500. I usually cut carbs as much as I can and then fats if I need to further cut.
Adding exercise will help as OJS pointed out.
You can do either or both depending on how fast and how much you want to cut.
Just remember, when you stop doing the extra exercise or add the calories back in, you will gain the weight/fat back.

I agree with this, Would just add:

Easy, find out how many calories you burn a day with no activity. Start with 12cals/lb bodyweight if you don't know. Next consume that amount of calories with a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight as a minimum to preserve muscle mass while losing fat. Consume enough carbs to get you through your workouts and the rest in quality fats.

I went at this in the reverse. Aim for .3–.5g/lb bodyweight of fats, and get the rest of your calories from good carbs. So for a 200lb guy, that 200g protein, 60–100g fats, and assuming you need 2400 cals/day, 165–265g from carbs.

There is a top 20 list on the Internet somewhere on the highest quality foods to consume, pick your food sources from that list.

Don’t cut calories because you will decrease nutrients, but increase exercise to burn fat.

I think most guys say you can cut cals by up to 500/day without risking health or losing muscle.
Example; If you want to lose 1 pound of BF a week than do 500 calories of exercise a day. If you want to lose 2 pounds a week of BF than do 1000 calories a day of exercise.

If you stop working out all-together you will not gain the weigh you lost back because what you consume and what you burn are equal.

I’ve been going for about 9 months now on this pattern and have lost 50 pounds with no problem keeping it off. Diet fads don’t work for most of us in the long run, you have to change your eating lifestyle until the box goes in the ground.

Such a broad question. Start with a set macro ratio of say 40p/30C/20f per meal and eat that when you are hungry. These are just an example as you have to experiment some to find what works best for you

It's all individual bro...pick one and try it for a week, see how you feel, look ect. Then adjust accordingly.

Dr. Scott Stevenson (AKA Homonunculus) just wrote a nice little article for Elite FTS about diet being individual in nature: **broken link removed**

There are so many considerations to take into account.. Just giving one example from what has been posted in this thread.... Sammy said he prefers to drop fats first and likes to keep carbs at 300g. I'm not sure what he looks like after his cut, but he's a cool dude, so let's say he's fucking shredded... For myself, I find that I can really cut tons of bodyfat dropping carbs first. I respond very well to taking in carb just intra and post w/o and sometimes just intra... For me, doing this I don't need all that much cardio since I train 6 days per week and might only add it in the last few weeks before a show, and I get really lean like this. Now Sammy might not train 6 says per week when dieting, therefore adds in cardio... We both get ripped, but use two different approaches... we have different hormonal profiles, different lifestyle factors, different training strategies, different digestive capabilities and different supplementation....

Bottom line, you need to find out how your body responds to different dieting styles based on how you train and recover and live your life. Keep detailed notes of what is happening to your body and begin making changes...for example dropping carbs or fats... You may drop carbs and feel like shit and look washed out and can't train like you need to, so change it up and add some carbs back in and reduce fats instead.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member