advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coach wants me eating 5lbs meat per day...what do you guys eat?

swim15

Registered
Alright...tried looking around some and a lot of pro athletes diets are posted on their sponsors pages and has them downing tons of mass gainers and shit. Probably not what they are doing.

So I am looking for guys who compete and what your diet looks like during prep as far as protein intake.

Im 16 and 17 weeks out from my shows and am starting prep with a new coach.

He wants me eating 6 meals a day with 10oz cooked chicken for the first 5 meals and 10oz cooked talapia.

Comes out to just under 4lbs of raw chicken a day plus the fish and a little over 500g protein.

Other than running my grocery bill out the ass, eating that much meat is hard as hell. Fish is easy but chicken thats been sitting in the fridge, not so much.

Ronnie is one of few that I have seen hit those protein numbers regularly.

Im 6ft, ~245 a week ago and probably 235-240 after dropping cals this week and 13% per bod pod.

Competing in physique although I would like to grow enough into the show and next season to be able to do bbing.

Experiences?

Your math is off, 16oz in a lb. You are eating 3 lbs and change. 5 lbs is pushing it, the quantities you listed are on the high end of normal.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

500 grams of protein seems ridiculous to me... Also sounds like my recent past... I got by on way less protein in the end. Carbs count too but I always jacked the protein up and lowered the carbs a little closer to contest then carbed up slowly a few days prior... I was never coached but was given this advice by an over the hill competitor... In the end I think it is whatever works best for you...

:spam:
Your math is off, 16oz in a lb. You are eating 3 lbs and change. 5 lbs is pushing it, the quantities you listed are on the high end of normal.

Should have specified. A little over 3lbs cooked, which is close to 4lbs uncooked plus the fish.

He is set on it and is a very accomplished trainer and Bber but i think I may just do 10oz uncooked or 7ish cooked

Should have specified. A little over 3lbs cooked, which is close to 4lbs uncooked plus the fish.

He is set on it and is a very accomplished trainer and Bber but i think I may just do 10oz uncooked or 7ish cooked

10oz cooked is not crazy for your size, if you arent going to listen to him, tell him. Thats a huge discrepency. Dont worry about uncooked weight, you are eating 3lbs of meat. I think its kinda silly to have 10oz meat for breakfast though, personally I use whey and egg whites for a protein source as well to mix it up.

Five pounds of meat a day may seem like a lot, but it really isnt.... I personally would not eat that much meat a day, but 3 to 4 pounds is very doable if you really want to.

Lets imagine this - breakfast. How hard would it be to eat a pound of chicken with your breakfast? Not too hard... scarf down a bowl of oatmeal with some cottage cheese in it and microwave a few pieces of chicken you grilled ahead of time (all about planning ahead guys) Thats pretty doable right?

Then lets say lunch, some homemade spaghetti and meat balls, I dont know about you but I love Costco, 5 lbs of 88% lean ground beef for right around 20 dollars, its a good buy.

Afternoon "snack" could be a variety of things, one of my favorites is steamed veggies with sauteed chicken and a baked potato or yam.

For dinner; a one pound steak would be an easy task for just about anyone in my opinion, combine that with a salad and your choice of carb (I would have a yam with some butter and brown sugar)

You will notice that the breakfast, lunch, and snack are all microwavable, unless of course you wanted to make your oatmeal fresh.

Heres a simple tip that many of you probably already do: Buy a big bag of chicken from Costco (or wherever you buy your bulk food from) and grill it up on the grill with no seasoning. Be sure to slightly undercook the meat, that way when you microwave it, it will be perfectly cooked.

Thats an easy four pounds of meat in a day. While it really doesnt sound like that much, personally, I would eat a little less meat and throw a protein shake or two in there. You could just throw a little more meat in there and have five pounds a day, it does start to add up though.

If you are having trouble getting your protein requirements in for the day, when you wake up to take a piss in the middle of the night, zap some protein and water up in the blender... or if you want to have meat, I love orange juice and tuna shakes.

PM me if you have any questions, I would be happy to help you

G

why do you hire a trainer and then do not listen to him? lol makes absolutely no sense. If you think you know best, then do this prep yourself. Otherwise just trust him and do as he says.

I have my two clients that are on a clean bulk getting protein from the following:
10oz turkey breast
10oz grass fed beef
10oz mahi mahi or talapia

The rest of protein comes from eggs and whey isolate/ concentrate

420 grams protein per day.

How wealthy are you bro?
the recommended is .8g per lb. for protein. 500g will break a budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Being big ain't cheap.

How wealthy are you bro?
the recommended is .8g per lb. for protein. 500g will break a budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why hire a coach then clean ur ass with what he says and do your own thing.u know how frustrating you make it for him to dial u in when he thinks u following what he tells you and you really are not.

Here an idea most likely the best.why don't you discus with your coach how you feel about his diet and what u don't agree with and see what he tells you:lightbulb: just a thought

I eat 5 pounds (raw measure) of chicken a day.. I weigh about 250 but am 5'9

hope you live in a cheap area.. in my town chicken breast is 1.99/lb. in my hometown it's 3.99 for the same exact brand. I never eat fish cuz it's too expensive/probably shitty

gotta talk to your grocery store people to find out when they are having specials.. trust me, it makes your money go that much further.

I've already discussed it with him and he still wants me doing it.

Just came here to see what the norm is.

Also he doesn't want me using any shakes or liquid meals.

With the other food, I would be getting 600g of protein per day...very few pros I know even hit that.

To the guy talking about eating a pound of chicken for breakfast and steak and shit, have you tried eating a pound of chicken for breakfast? And you must be rich to be putting away a pound of lean steak per day.

I was just curious what other guys were taking in

Im 6ft 260 and im eating about 2.5 or so pounds of meat a day with a few shakes for about 420 or so grams of protein a day. What your suggesting is certainly a lot of meat, but not really unresonable.

Find a different coach ... it clear you dont wanna use his approach even though... you said he is accomplished .. none of us know his system or why he advised this approach FOR YOU..

Most likely youll. A: not hit your potential. B: tarnish his coaching record

Your asking the guy to develop a new approach in 16 weeks with you as a guinue pig

Last edited:
The more you can eat the bigger you get.
If its turning to fat just add another CC.

Why don't you look the videos of centopani going grocery shopping and there's McGearth I think... they don't eat 5lbs meat a day, and look what they look like. BEAST

5lbs sounds like an over kill.. honestly ! waste of money too... once your body absorbs what it needs, the rest will be shitted out or stored as fat

I've already discussed it with him and he still wants me doing it.

Just came here to see what the norm is.

Also he doesn't want me using any shakes or liquid meals.

With the other food, I would be getting 600g of protein per day...very few pros I know even hit that.

To the guy talking about eating a pound of chicken for breakfast and steak and shit, have you tried eating a pound of chicken for breakfast? And you must be rich to be putting away a pound of lean steak per day.

I was just curious what other guys were taking in

LOL that is probably 3x what you actually need.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131