over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tendon ripped off bone

bigman1

Kilo Klub Member
So I go into surgery Friday due too me deadlifting and tearing the tendon off the bone near elbow.

My question is to those who have experience in the rehab area. Ive read Layne Norton saying that working legs and the other no injured side very light will help reduce muscle loss on the injured side due to blood flow etc.

Does anyone know is this is true and I know I can work legs which Im sure will help from losing to much size but as most of us Im worried about going stir crazy and losing major size.

I know some say HGH to help recovery but wouldnt IGF work better?

I do believe in HMB with BCAA to help recovery as I have used both for partial tears in the past with great success

Any help would be great and I know its a slow recovery and I need to take it slow just trying to minimize muscle loss.

So I go into surgery Friday due too me deadlifting and tearing the tendon off the bone near elbow.

My question is to those who have experience in the rehab area. Ive read Layne Norton saying that working legs and the other no injured side very light will help reduce muscle loss on the injured side due to blood flow etc.

Does anyone know is this is true and I know I can work legs which Im sure will help from losing to much size but as most of us Im worried about going stir crazy and losing major size.

I do believe in HMB with BCAA to help recovery as I have used both for partial tears in the past with great success

Any help would be great and I know its a slow recovery and I need to take it slow just trying to minimize muscle loss.

I've read about platelet rich plasma being used before. Maybe TB 500 and BPC 157 and other healing peptides might work as well. Sorry to hear of your injury, this is why I deadlift double overhand

I spoke to my doc about PRP they run about 900 dollars and he use to use them during the surgery to help recovery BUT he stated he did not see the return on investment especially with new methods of surgery. Now I have a friend who did them after the surgery on knees and he swears it speed up his recovery but I have a very well known doctor and not sure if I want to drop 900 bucks a shot becuase based on my studies the USA does not allow the proper big one time dose which means you have to do more then one injection.

I will be taking BPC 157 for the tendon repair as well.

Any other thoughts? Thank you in advance

Jesus Christ man. I unfortunately don't have any experience or advice in this area but I just want to say you are a badass for fucking yourself up that much on the weights and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Jesus Christ man. I unfortunately don't have any experience or advice in this area but I just want to say you are a badass for fucking yourself up that much on the weights and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Tearing your tendon off your bone, now makes you a badass? :confused:

Im positively sure the OP does NOT feel like 1% badass with his arm in a sling...

Never had anything that bad happen, but I have read numerous things that stated training the opposing side of your body will reduce muscle loss and one older guy in my gym who used to compete had surgery or has shoulder but still trained the other side because of this effect. He didn't got real heavy so as to create a great imbalance but enough to induce a little trauma.

I wish you the best man and hopefully you can get in touch with a great physical therapist who works with strength athletes to get you back in tune...

It'll most likely be sutured together with titanium sutures and holes drilled through bone and tied off. I had my quad tendon severed directly off my patella. I was leg pressing 800lbs in 5 weeks. Use TB-500 at 2mg e3d's subQ, BPC-157( dosing was just posted in the peptide section), and small amounts of subQ Igf1-Lr3 eod. These will help reduce recovery time. Eat lots of nutritious foods and get plenty of sleep. I used hgh to help speed up healing with my hernia surgery but TB-500 and BPC-157 weren't around when I severed my quad tendon.

My suggestion is to take a long term view on this injury. Do everything you can to get better without risking 're-injuring. Time will pass faster than you think, get this severe injury behind you or you may have a deficit for many years.

Get well soon. I dead lifted this morning. It's no mystery that so few people DL. That may be a good thing.

Tearing your tendon off your bone, now makes you a badass? :confused:

Im positively sure the OP does NOT feel like 1% badass with his arm in a sling...

I understand why some think its bad ass due to the fact the team I workout with thought wow we could not even tell during the lift it was popped as I finished the deadlift,I figured its already blown so fuck it finish the lift. I knew 100% it was off bone due to the roll up.

Now I feel like complete hell knowing I wont be able to workout for mnths but I will be back for sure

It'll most likely be sutured together with titanium sutures and holes drilled through bone and tied off. I had my quad tendon severed directly off my patella. I was leg pressing 800lbs in 5 weeks. Use TB-500 at 2mg e3d's subQ, BPC-157( dosing was just posted in the peptide section), and small amounts of subQ Igf1-Lr3 eod. These will help reduce recovery time. Eat lots of nutritious foods and get plenty of sleep. I used hgh to help speed up healing with my hernia surgery but TB-500 and BPC-157 weren't around when I severed my quad tendon.

I have the BPC 157 but my question is can I use the IGF systematically or does it have to be site injected? I will be doing micro dosing for sure. Thanks

2 years ago I had a distal bicep tendon rapture. It was a complete tear and had to be surgically repaired. Back then I was on TRT and gh. I can not tell you if test and gh helped any since I don't have anything to compare to. I was back in the gym after 2 months and did only cardio and legs. I remember I was paranoid as fuck not to move my arm. It works good now but with about 20-30% strength loss and a 2 inch gap from a torn muscle as well. I have seen numerous doctors in US and in Europe with hopes to make it better but they all said that it is as good as it gets after such an injury. I have to watch out now since it is a weak spot they told me and might be prone to re tear.

Wish you speedy recovery.

God Bless,

TT

Can't give any advice on the subject, but I do hope you recover quickly from your surgery.

I agree with those that say to take your time with rehab. You will get your muscle back when you want. Slow and steady.

Thank you to everyone and well wishes......Friday at 8am and its about 2 hours and im feeling better about it after hearing from you guys and talking to some high end Physical Therapist. One is very well known and he said to start ASAP working on what does not hurt as the anabolic effect of multiply sets and high reps will for sure help cross over education. He said add muscle groups as tolerated.

I had this injury, you have to take the rehab really slow, tendons take a full year to get to 100% but FEEL 100% after about 4-6 months. Lots of people re-injure it and then you have to get a tendon transplant and sometimes have the tendon attached to the other bone. You have to be very careful when training other body parts that you don't accidentally over stress it and re-injure it. After the 'cast' comes off, you will start with 1-2lb curls and go up 1-2 pounds per week. That was my experience at least, but maybe I had a conservative doctor and therapist. I did get my arm back up to 21" after the surgery (off season, pumped, but same as before the surgery). Biceps never returned to 100% strength, maybe 90-95% though.

i have had tendons re-attached and worked the other 3/4 of my body with good results. have done the same thing with 2 shoulders surgeries, back surgery and most people didn't notice any major muscle loss.

I have a very aggressive doctor, in fact with this new technique there is no cast, Im in a brace that locks at 90 degree then he said about three week he will most likely allow flexion to a small degree but no extension at that point. I guess it depends on my PT as well. I will be seeking the best out there.

I know I have to take it very slow as I do not want to re-injure the tendon. Thank you for your support and answer as always brother

I had this injury, you have to take the rehab really slow, tendons take a full year to get to 100% but FEEL 100% after about 4-6 months. Lots of people re-injure it and then you have to get a tendon transplant and sometimes have the tendon attached to the other bone. You have to be very careful when training other body parts that you don't accidentally over stress it and re-injure it. After the 'cast' comes off, you will start with 1-2lb curls and go up 1-2 pounds per week. That was my experience at least, but maybe I had a conservative doctor and therapist. I did get my arm back up to 21" after the surgery (off season, pumped, but same as before the surgery). Biceps never returned to 100% strength, maybe 90-95% though.

Just have to say good luck on your rehab bro. I was competing in a PL meet 2 weeks ago and a guy tore his right bicep. I can only imagine how that must feel as I know I "felt" my bicep while I watched his roll up.

Sorry for your injury bro. Hope you heal up fast and get back to what you love.

i tore my distal biceps tendon 90% 14 weeks ago. i was lucky enough to still have 10% in tact. no surgery, 16 weeks rehab. i picked a 12 week, 2 day/week squat program and did lots of squats and light upper body rehab. im on trt test and gh. i feel like im about 85%. when i start to feel any uncomfortable pain or ache i stop.

I have a very aggressive doctor, in fact with this new technique there is no cast, Im in a brace that locks at 90 degree then he said about three week he will most likely allow flexion to a small degree but no extension at that point. I guess it depends on my PT as well. I will be seeking the best out there.

I know I have to take it very slow as I do not want to re-injure the tendon. Thank you for your support and answer as always brother

My doc was pretty aggressive too, he is one of the team doctors for the Raiders, he actually told me to just do the rehab myself and not see a PT lol, do you know if you have a mitek superanchor?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131