over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lig Tears in the knee

Steve123

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I just got MRI results reviewed at Mass General ysterday in Boston. I have a full MCL Tear, Full ACL and PCL and Muniscuss tearing on both sides. Pretty much fucks up the rest of my year.

As you can imagine, I will have prehab, surgury and then rehab.

Any of you guys suffer such a plight in the past? Any advice or suggestions around supplmentation/diet that may have helped? Just curious and looking for some ideas .

Thanks

I have had the same injuries on both of my knees (one from my Final pro MMA fight, the other from strongman training) ..

The best advice? Prehab as absolutely hard as possible for as much as possible prior to surgery. I did 1-2hrs of stationary cycling daily.

Following surgery? Work hard on mobility, working on flex/extension is difficult and painful... Not all hurt is harm....

Another thing at I think sped my actual muscular recovery? From day 1 I had a powerful TENS unit on my quads for muscle activation. I had to sit at a desk for 8hrs/day, and for 6 of them I ran the tens unit.

It took a solid year with each knee before I was able to reach "full extension".

Worked back to being able to squat 500+ Yoke walking 750lbs and dead lifting 600+... (Always have been natural).

Though I wouldn't advocate anabolics, I can see where they would potentially improve muscle mass recovery post-op...

There also has been some interest in nandrolone for arthroplasty... Interesting study would be to give it to ACL repairs and see the outcome...

Not advice, just thoughts.

I have had the same injuries on both of my knees (one from my Final pro MMA fight, the other from strongman training) ..

The best advice? Prehab as absolutely hard as possible for as much as possible prior to surgery. I did 1-2hrs of stationary cycling daily.

Following surgery? Work hard on mobility, working on flex/extension is difficult and painful... Not all hurt is harm....

Another thing at I think sped my actual muscular recovery? From day 1 I had a powerful TENS unit on my quads for muscle activation. I had to sit at a desk for 8hrs/day, and for 6 of them I ran the tens unit.

It took a solid year with each knee before I was able to reach "full extension".

Worked back to being able to squat 500+ Yoke walking 750lbs and dead lifting 600+... (Always have been natural).

Though I wouldn't advocate anabolics, I can see where they would potentially improve muscle mass recovery post-op...

There also has been some interest in nandrolone for arthroplasty... Interesting study would be to give it to ACL repairs and see the outcome...

Thanks Brother! That's an awesome revocery on your part. That Ten's? Is that the electric therapy? I sit on my ass all day too so I', concerned about that.

I start Pre-hab, officially, next week but I'm working on some basic shit now; although, riding a bike is in the future at this point. Pain doesn't worry me as long as it is not prolonging recovery.

I'm thinking of just keepint a trt dose of test right now and maybe running some pep's since hgh seems pretty limited right now.

What a fucked up injury though. Man, I'm glad to see your progress!!! That is totally motiviating me right now

Prehab? ..are you having to wait to get your surgery done or something? ..wondering what stuff your going to do in prehab with all that damage. They need to get you in and fix that stuff so you can start the road to recovery!

Wish you the best bro. Usually about a year and you will be back to your old self and give you some time to work on other things

Best of luck with recovery

Prehab? ..are you having to wait to get your surgery done or something? ..wondering what stuff your going to do in prehab with all that damage. They need to get you in and fix that stuff so you can start the road to recovery!

Wish you the best bro. Usually about a year and you will be back to your old self and give you some time to work on other things

Best of luck with recovery

For a multi lig tear like this, they want you to regain some ROM and strength before operating. What you go into surgery with (ROM) is what you're stuck with after. Also, they want to heal the MCL and Muniscuse before operating on the ACL/PCL.

14 weeks post ACL + MicroFracture Here

I can share ALOT.. This was my 5th surgery, and will be the final reconstruction on my right knee before it goes all metal (Pray that never has to happen). I was able to do my entire surgery, and therapy without the use any Opiate based painkillers also, which was huge for me, excruciating-yes, but defiantly was very proud that i didn't need to go that route for pain relief, although i did wake up cussing like a sailor in the hospital recovery room!!:banghead:

One big question here: Is your damage done from 1 freak accident or Years of joint degeneration/destruction?

That question there will play a huge role into what we can all suggest for you, including "supplementation"...

Personally, Tens Unit is GREAT advice.. BPC-157 isn't a bad idea, ghrp2/cjc, Universal Animal Flex (glucosamine). Tons of more ideas bro.:headbang:

Is there, or will there be any bone damage?? How bad is that meniscus? if this is a "Long term- Over time" injury, be gentle on that pre-hab! the whole idea behind that is so that you don't lose all quadriceps function.. I did after 6 weeks of no weight bearing, mind you.. i had the microfracture done though, as i had zero meniscus left..my quad was completely GONE, it slowly came back, mainly my #1 goal at the moment..Quad, quad, quad.. :lightbulb:

Hit me up with a PM and ill share my story, so far, so great, have been very very BLESSED, and finally walking again at week 14 now :) :D:D

For a multi lig tear like this, they want you to regain some ROM and strength before operating. What you go into surgery with (ROM) is what you're stuck with after. Also, they want to heal the MCL and Muniscuse before operating on the ACL/PCL.

They want Two things for "Pre-Hab"

#1: to maintain quadricep and muscle function.
#2: to reduce and minimize all Inflamation.

I wouldn't agree with his ROM being the same.. mine was only 30 degrees prior to surgery, im now back at full 90 flexion..14 weeks post op.. every surgery and every person is different, so you can get an general idea from talking about it with others, but its not going to be the same for each and every person.

So I just got MRI results reviewed at Mass General ysterday in Boston. I have a full MCL Tear, Full ACL and PCL and Muniscuss tearing on both sides. Pretty much fucks up the rest of my year.

As you can imagine, I will have prehab, surgury and then rehab.

Any of you guys suffer such a plight in the past? Any advice or suggestions around supplmentation/diet that may have helped? Just curious and looking for some ideas .

Thanks

I also agree with "Get It Done".. The sooner the Better man, i put off my first reconstruction on my left knee for 12 weeks, it just delayed the inevitable. This last time with my right knee, i went right under the knife, It did require me seeking a 2nd opinion though! First (older) doc, wanted to leave me without any ACL, MCL, no meniscus, and femur damage.. for 10 year until im 40 to do a metal replacement, told him "no thanks" and went back to my original surgeon..

I must also add, i was very lucky to obtain the surgeon i did, it was mainly a favor from my sports days in college, he does alot of work for the Los Angeles Lakers and major University across country.

WB

Thanks for all the comments above. Woew. You've been around the horn and back with this!!!

I'll be seeing the PT on Thursday to decide what/how/when of PRehap. For now, I've just been trying to flex the quad for mutliple reps ,some leg raises and knee bending. Nothing that feels excessive. While it hurts to do, I feel better once I do it.

The main culprit was a skiing accident in Feb. I should have known something was wrong. I then added to it doing squats about 3-4 weeks ago. Finaly, I fell on my deck and it all gave way.

Right now, I'm just doing a low TRT dose of test with a very small amount of NPP. I may add the GHRP/CJC stack to that.

If I could do the surgery tomorrow I would!

I would think you were training sufficiently before the injury so why the need for prehab?
Just get the surgery done with then continue on with rehab

Quesiton for you guys. My surgery is on the 16th. They will be reconstructing all three ligs using alograph (aka... After Market Parts). I was filling out the questionaire and it asks about Steroid use in the past 6 months.

My take on answering this question is that I do so when necessary. I did some reading about Adrenal suppression and some of the concerns posed during surgery.

Do you think that they would refuse the surgery if I came clean on my use? I'm wondering if this is an issue with what is considered a Moderate (not major) surgery.

TENS are good for tone, but a Frequency Specific Micro-current machine may be good for building new tissue.

Also an good ART chiro would help with function.

Fish oil, MSM, acetyle l cystien, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C seem to be the recommended supps.

Bromelian(sp) is also good for DNA/tissue repair.

Last edited:
Find a really good MAT guy in your area. As far as supplements I would take a low dose of test, 50mg Var, and 4+ iu's of GH. I would also take curcumin to keep the inflammation down.

I have had 2 patella tendon ruptures on my left knee and 1 on my right.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws