advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyway to continue bodybuilding and wear suits?

Google&Pubmed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I have a good bit of job interviews set up but in the career that I am going into I will be needing to wear a suit at all the times. I bought a suit about 6-7 months ago and now it is too small in the shoulder, arms, and back. My quads are also too big for my pants also. So I need to buy a new one

Is there anyway to prevent having to buy all new clothing every year?

I was thinking maybe custom pants and just ask for a good amount of extra leg space but then I would just look retarded. Custom dress shirts are $55 online, $80 for pants, and $200 for jackets; and those are the cheap stuff (which within couple of years I would not be able to wear cheap ones front of my clients).

You are going to have to have a bunch custom made I'm afraid. Go in when you are at your biggest, and then when you are dieted down get some more made.
It's very hard to fins off the rack stuff. I can find 54 and 56 suit jackets that fit in the shoulders and back but they need so much material removed from the bottom it would look silly.

Shirts and pants I think you would be fine getting from the big and tall section and just have some different sizes around the house. It's the jackets that are the PITA.

It sucks man, you need to get suits for fat people basically. Bodybuilders don't look as good in suits.

Become friends with a good tailor... Buy decent suits, but not the highest end, and then have them tailored. The tailored look will immediately make any normal suit look great.

If you tell him/her you'll be buying a lot of business attire that will need to be tailored they will often cut you a break. Find mom and pop shop that has a good reputation

You think that's bad, I have $300 shirts I can't wear anymore. *sigh*

Buy big a have it tailored. Or have it "built from scratch", custom tailored.

I have some weird ass proportion... not a big guy LOL I'm a batntamweight haha but I buy a lot of shirts from BestCustomShirt.com. They are pretty reasonable too. Don't get the low end quality fabric though

I have some weird ass proportion... not a big guy LOL I'm a batntamweight haha but I buy a lot of shirts from BestCustomShirt.com. They are pretty reasonable too. Don't get the low end quality fabric though

I'll check that site out, never heard of it before. Thanks for the tip!

Become friends with a good tailor... Buy decent suits, but not the highest end, and then have them tailored. The tailored look will immediately make any normal suit look great.

If you tell him/her you'll be buying a lot of business attire that will need to be tailored they will often cut you a break. Find mom and pop shop that has a good reputation

Big ass bump my guy hates me but he is my brother :D

A good local tailor, or you may get luck and find a good tailor at a a discount place. I found one at A K&G so the suits were around 2-300 and another 1-150 in tailoring. I have short arms and legs, long torso, and wide shoulders. The pants required a lot taken out of waist and jacket needed tapering. Honesty most people need to have suits tailored to them. We just need it done differently. If you're a huge freak. Than it gets harder.

You are going to have to have a bunch custom made I'm afraid. Go in when you are at your biggest, and then when you are dieted down get some more made.
It's very hard to fins off the rack stuff. I can find 54 and 56 suit jackets that fit in the shoulders and back but they need so much material removed from the bottom it would look silly.

Shirts and pants I think you would be fine getting from the big and tall section and just have some different sizes around the house. It's the jackets that are the PITA.

Yes jackets are the worst, they need to have material removed from the back and sides to look right. And most need material added in the arms unless your arms are under 16"

Does your tailors leave couple of inches in the arms and back? I am going to go to a tailor tomorrow.

Also I found a bunch of sites that do custom shirts, jackets, and pants so maybe they will even give me a discount if I buy a good amount.

Seriously this is a huge down side to this life style.

What does a $300 shirt look like? And why would one pay $300 for said shirt? I found a sweet Armani shirt once priced @ $195 at the Dallas Galleria Mall and almost bought it as I was drunk off saki, but damn $300?

What does a $300 shirt look like? And why would one pay $300 for said shirt? I found a sweet Armani shirt once priced @ $195 at the Dallas Galleria Mall and almost bought it as I was drunk off saki, but damn $300?

Lol. It's a nice shirt. Very intricate embroidery. It's from Tommy Bahama. I dunno know what to say. I mean a nice pair of jeans will run you $200 easy. Another $100 for a nice shirt is that much of a stretch?

I see shirts at Nordstrom all the time that are twice that.

Ya I would get them maid also and get couple different sizes so you can where them at different times when you are at different sizes in weight.

Lol. It's a nice shirt. Very intricate embroidery. It's from Tommy Bahama. I dunno know what to say. I mean a nice pair of jeans will run you $200 easy. Another $100 for a nice shirt is that much of a stretch?

I see shirts at Nordstrom all the time that are twice that.

and if you are truly rich nordstrom is like baby gap to you. It is amazing how expensive clothing can get. I've grown out of good amount of very nice pairs of jeans and it is very happy/sad moments (yay I've grown, awwww I can't wear this anymore). Wish clothing donation was a tax write off lol.

Does your tailors leave couple of inches in the arms and back? I am going to go to a tailor tomorrow.

Also I found a bunch of sites that do custom shirts, jackets, and pants so maybe they will even give me a discount if I buy a good amount.

Seriously this is a huge down side to this life style.

I get mine done with a little extra room. I used to bounce at clubs. Told the tailor I need to move in the suit but it has to look good. He had experience with bounces....maybe find one near a bigger city.

So I have a good bit of job interviews set up but in the career that I am going into I will be needing to wear a suit at all the times. I bought a suit about 6-7 months ago and now it is too small in the shoulder, arms, and back. My quads are also too big for my pants also. So I need to buy a new one

Is there anyway to prevent having to buy all new clothing every year?

I was thinking maybe custom pants and just ask for a good amount of extra leg space but then I would just look retarded. Custom dress shirts are $55 online, $80 for pants, and $200 for jackets; and those are the cheap stuff (which within couple of years I would not be able to wear cheap ones front of my clients).

Not everyone can afford $1k custom cut/tailored suits to exaggerate that lat flair in their pinstripes bros! :p

That said, it will not be an issue. You have to gain a TON to grow OUT of a suit coat. Surely you arent dirty bulking that hard. :D The only issue I sometimes have is they are harder to put on once I've bulked and my neck size on dress shirts gets SNUG. I did outgrow some of those. You would have to make DRASTIC gains to truly not fit in a coat though. Although it may get tighter and feel like you could split it down the back lol. If you're still gaining 20lbs per cycle, maybe its an issue. Most of us arent. Personally, I dont like to spend that much $ on suits because I have a lot of them as I'm an attorney. I also hate wearing them.

Go to Men's Warehouse, get fitted correctly then have them make the alterations as you want for a better, more tailored fit. It's not as good as a full blown custom cut suit but its not bad. This will be cheaper if you have to get new ones. You pay for these initial alterations but re-altering is FREE for the life of the suit at Men's warehouse (so keep receipts). So if you were bulking when you got the suit and need it brought in more after you lose weight, they can do it free. If you get THAT much bigger then there isnt much alternations can do. They cant add material back in but they can let some areas out a bit. If you outgrow it that much, its done for the most part. That is why I dont buy super expensive suits.

The sad reality is that when you have some good chest/shoulder/neck size you WILL end up looking fat in a suit. They just get boxy and wide if you are big no matter how much tailoring you have done to it. I look great in form fitting stuff or a T-shirt but I feel like a fat fuck in a suit coat. I hate it.

Last edited:
I buy fat guy suits and have them tailored. I have about a 30" waist and for my wedding had to buy a pair of pants with a 40" waist to get my legs in it. My wife was convinced it would look terrible and ruin the wedding. The tailor did an awesome job, fit like a glove.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear