over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

unbareable lower back pumps

Mike Hunt

Registered
what are some suggestions to get rid of the painful lower back pumps i get from squatting heavy? in bt each set i am on the floor flat on my back trying to get in a comfortable position

possibly your sciatic nerve is pinched or borderline pinched. i would go easy for a few weeks. ( i have permanent damage to both sides of it from the army along with compression fractures throughout my spine.) once again, they say take it easy...... hgh has actually started healing my herniated discs. but for the sciatic,,,, rest brother. seriously. it sucks, but its worth it.

Your spinal erectors are weak or are being overtrained. I used to have this problem from dead lifting and squatting in the same week. Now I just dead lift once a month. Also notice I get this problem when wearing a belt too much. I believe it causes your core muscles to atrophie. Or if it's not that it could be a muscular imbalance.

What I did was stopped wearing a belt completely. On everything. Wouldn't wven bring it to the gym. Sucked at first, bent rows standing barbell curls hell even incline bench presses were making my back tight but after a few months of pushing threw it, it finally stopped I put a belt back on my heaviest squat set and boom felt like somebody was spotting me. Helping me threw the set. It was great so now I only use a belt when going past a certain weight on excersises. Hope this helps

Your spinal erectors are weak or are being overtrained. I used to have this problem from dead lifting and squatting in the same week. Now I just dead lift once a month. Also notice I get this problem when wearing a belt too much. I believe it causes your core muscles to atrophie. Or if it's not that it could be a muscular imbalance.

What I did was stopped wearing a belt completely. On everything. Wouldn't wven bring it to the gym. Sucked at first, bent rows standing barbell curls hell even incline bench presses were making my back tight but after a few months of pushing threw it, it finally stopped I put a belt back on my heaviest squat set and boom felt like somebody was spotting me. Helping me threw the set. It was great so now I only use a belt when going past a certain weight on excersises. Hope this helps

oh, youre lucky lol.with my back issues, i have to wear one for everything. compression fractures suck along with blown out discs and sciatic damage

somehow, i fight through the pain (meds help) but FUCKKKKK after a heavy dead lift, im grabbin my gear bag for some meds lol. tru story man

That's sucks man. I have a bulging disk that hits me every now and again let me tell you it's crippling. I literally get stuck standing in one spot because the pain is pretty unbearable. And that usually screw my workouts up for a few days until it chills out.

The OP said lower back pump so I think he was referring to the erector lumbar muscles of the lower back. Which can get pumped with a lot of blood if there getting the major brunt of the excersises. That's why form is key on compound movements and I usually make all the guys I train with drop back on there weight and use really strict form. It makes all the difference in the world.

what are some suggestions to get rid of the painful lower back pumps i get from squatting heavy? in bt each set i am on the floor flat on my back trying to get in a comfortable position

I think that's from estrogen conversion from your AAS. Take 1/2mg Adex eod. Should help. Women get that pain when they're premenstrual. A nurse told me that and she was right. I get it when I take too much test or other AAS that aromatizes easily.

I think that's from estrogen conversion from your AAS. Take 1/2mg Adex eod. Should help. Women get that pain when they're premenstrual. A nurse told me that and she was right. I get it when I take too much test or other AAS that aromatizes easily.

Anything that makes me hold water will do it. If estrogen is high, and or I eat a lot of carbs... bad back pump.

Never heard of that lol.. Why would estrogen cause your lower back to pump after squats?

If you do some abs, it will release some of the pressure.

I get back pumps all the time. The worst though is when I am cooking in the kitchen.
When I am squatting, i usually take off my belt and stretch a little and it goes away.

as far as belting i dont lift with a belt unless its my heaviest set of bent rows deads or squats. i dont even wear one for hacks

To compesate the lower back buiding up your core ab work etc will take some of the pressure off the lower back but also sports massage can help as well as other methods.
Bad back for over 20 years doing stupid stuff and i still have to pay close attention to whats going around as well as work around it.

Biglizard and Cerberus both gave some good feedback. Based on my experiences, using an AAS that causes water retention will increase the severity of lower back pumps......not spinal/sciatic issues, but the actual lumbar erectors getting extremely tight. Sometimes to the point where it is difficult to walk with a normal posture! Also, deadlifting and squatting heavy each week seems to make it worse, so if you deadlift every other week that may alleviate the issue some. A good AI makes a big difference as well.

Also, the suggestion to do some abs if your lower back gets tight and painful works very well. I will just do the standing rope pulldowns for abs and it helps.

Last edited:
Water retention

Yeah I should have known that wasn't thinking. Also I notice this post contest when I binge out for a few weeks and my lower back just fills up with all that water and squatting is miserable. Makes sense with the estrogen but I don't think I've ever had it from estro sides.

water retention sounds right to me, too. I have a friend on high dose deca who got lower back cramps so bad after squats he couldn't even sit to drive home. I had to drive while he laid down in the back seat, lol.

When he dropped the deca, lower back pain went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low back pumps = tight quads.

Try stretching (hold for at least 60 sec per side and TIME it) your quads between sets and you may get some relief.

This was recommended to me by a physical therapist and has really helped.

Cobra Stretch

Doing 10 x Cobra Stretchs every day is the only thing that gets rid of back pumps for me. The heavier I am the worse it gets when training.

I read a while back that large amounts of taurine will eliminate lower back pump. I was using a russian human grade d-bol a few years back that was very strong, and @ 50mg a day, I would get back pump so bad @ the gym I couldn't ever finish a workout. When I started the taurine supplementation, I was able to get through em. Can't remember the dosing tho.

Taurine and potassium help a bit. BTW the OP is talking back pumps, not back problems...I have a bad back and have experienced both issues.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws