over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jason (Iabadman) and I a story of friendship

aeliop

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Disclaimer: This post is in no way an attempt to solicit training from either myself or Jason. This is one man’s story of a deep, unconditional friendship, self-doubt, inner demons, and one heck of contest prep. This board has the best trainers in the world as paying sponsors. If you are interested in contest prep or training I would highly recommend all of them.

My story in short for those that don’t know or remember me I have been a member here since April of 2005. I competed in the NPC in Bodybuilding until 2010 and I was also married for 17 years and that came to an end in 2010 as well. I have 3 children from my marriage. Through this board I met Jason (Iabadman) and we shared a lot of common interests so we became friends. He agreed to help me get ready for a contest so early in 2010 we started prepping. At that point in time I really felt that I was making some great progress and I really felt with Jason the sky was the limit. Unfortunately my life as I knew it turned upside in May of that year. My wife, Mother of my children, and the only women in my life since I was 23 (I was 41 at the time 42 in August). I ended up in a 1 bedroom apartment in Jacksonville, Florida. I hated the world, myself and everyone in it. It was during those times that Jason was very instrumental in my recovery.

We would often talk throughout the night until dawn. Many times he talked me off of the ledge if you will. Through some crazy events in January of 2011 I ended up back in my house with custody of my children. Jason was the first person I shared my good fortune with and from that point on my life was back on track. Within a few weeks I found a decent job working with the local cable company I had my kids and the reinvention of myself in motion.

Through the years that followed Jason and I stayed in touch. We kept each updated on how are lives were going and I know he was really proud and happy at how well my life was going. By the end of 2011 I was able to find love again and my life was really complete. With the way my life was there was no room for Bodybuilding. The women that I was in a relationship with was not into that world at all so just going to gym much less competing was very difficult if not impossible. Every once in a while Jason and I would talk about Bodybuilding and I would wonder what might had been if I would have stayed with Jason and hadn’t retired from competing.

One thing lead to another and while in Mexico for my birthday this past August swept up in romance on my 45th birthday, I asked the women I was in a relationship to marry me. She said yes and at that point in time not including the birth of my children, I really felt that was the best day of my life. Jason was one of the first people I notified and he couldn’t have been happier. Unfortunately for whatever reasons that these things happen, sometime between late August and late October, my fiancée and I drifted apart and the engagement was broken at the end of October.

20130819_150748.jpg
this was me in Mexico in August about 230 and not quality.

Feeling like I had taken 20 steps back, with another hole in my heart, I off course reached out for Jason. As busy as he was he dropped all he was doing, gave me his ear, his heart, and his mind. He recommended some books for me to read and just some basic mental exercises to help heal me. Let me point at here that this in no way compared to the ending of my marriage but it did hurt. I think it also adds to the pain when let your guard down and you allow yourself to love again. You almost feel like you crawled all the way out of a whole only to jump back in again.

I mentioned to Jason that I would like to compete again. He said he thought that was a good idea for me to get my mind off of things and focus on one thing. I don’t know how serious either one of us thought I was at that point. Through the years I had thought about coming back but deep down I knew I really didn’t have the balls anymore. I knew what it took to get on the stage before and the way my life was going up until that time had maybe made me a little soft. I was enjoying going out to eat and taking trips to Mexico and Puerto Rico. At my age I didn’t see any point in jumping into that madness again and like I said I wasn’t sure I had what it took and as each day went by and I got further and further away from my last time on stage I pretty much came to the conclusion that my better days were behind me. I now would only live in my old pictures.

20131109_095738.jpg
I started training and shaped up some this was early November about 211lbs.

The life I hadn’t started to get used to and like was now gone. I needed something to focus on to maybe take some sting away. Jason was all in at first he gave me encouragement and some pointers here and there but I don’t think he was ready to jump in yet. I told him I would like to do the Europa in April and he said “that’s fine start training hard.” So I started to training and cleaning up my diet. Jason and I would still talk but contest prep wouldn’t really come up. He was more concerned with my well-being and I appreciated that. Slowly but surely I started to improve my physique. I have to say though as I trained I was loaded with self-doubt. I couldn’t get the thought out of my head that the other guys have been dieting, training, competing, and living the Bodybuilding lifestyle for the last 3 + years.

I on the other hand have literally done nothing. What would make me think I could jump back, especially in a show such as the Europa? I grinded on and about mid-January I took a few pictures and sent them to Jason. I think at that point we both realized that I was serious. It was at that point that he sent me my first diet and supplement program. Every day from that point I would send him my weight first thing in the morning and pictures on Saturday. We became a great team; I learned a lot and got more in tune with Jason’s methods.

2214AT.jpg GEDC1335.jpg
The first is when we first started going on Feb 1 2014 205lbs The other contest morning April 11 2014 192lbs

I can tell you up until that point I only thought I knew what it took to train, diet hard, and suffer for a contest. Jason absolutely pushed me to the limit and I think he got a lot out of me. When it was all said and done at 45 years of age I was the best version of myself that there has ever been. I gained muscle while in a serious calorie deficit, I have more muscle now than I ever have, and without taking any diuretics I was very dry for the show.

legs1.jpg
My legs on contest morning

I am hoping this thread can generate some interests the way some of the old threads used to one hear. Hopefully a lot of the more knowledgeable guys can chime in and Jason might interact and share a secret or two about some of his methods. I think we could probably all learn from this as we did a lot of things I would not have thought possible.

As far as Jason goes I couldn’t never write down in words nor say the true value of what he means to me. I love him as much as I love anyone in my life including my children. I have an infinite amount of respect for him. He truly is a special human being that is filled with so much love and giving that only the best should be for him. I unequivocally love Jason, the world is better place with him in it, and I couldn’t imagine my life without him in it.

As far as the contest 1329 days had gone by since the last time I competed and on this the contest didn't go as well as I had hoped. I didn't win or place, I ended up finishing 6th in my class. Certainly not the "Hollywood" happy ending that I had envisioned when I started my comeback but I truly believe I created the best version of myself to date. The Bodybuilding game is very hard, not just because the extreme dieting, training, and discipline that has to be done to prepare for a show but because there can only be one winner.
Everyone else on paper and in rankings takes a loss. The only variable is how big is the loss i.e. 2nd place, 3rd place, 6th place, and last place. I came into this show more prepared than I had ever been. The best version ever of myself.

My conditioning was good, my trunks, color, and all the other intangibles. It’s important to remember when you win or you lose it's just decided by few judges opinion. That's all, not any scientific proven theory or mathematical equation. So I really don't take the losses very hard nor do I jump up and down over the wins.

Bodybuilding for me is much larger than that. It's how I express myself, challenge myself, search within myself for what I am made off. At the end of the day it's how I connect with the people. Sometimes they become fans, for others I am not their taste but all the same connections and bonds are formed. People take the journey with me. They feel the sting of the loss or the joy of the victory. In some ways they become a part of me and I of them. That my friend is far bigger than a mark on judges score card. Much love.

Last edited:
Some more pics

2214FR2.jpg GEDC1323.jpg
2214RDB.jpg GEDC1332.jpg
GEDC1342.jpg
some compares from when we started to where we finished.

left side 205lbs right side 192lbs

Great story! Jason is a truly special person. My dad passed away last year, thanks to Jason, I found comfort from my brothers on this board. Much respect J

A few more

2214RL.jpg GEDC1269.jpg
Feb 1st 205lbs April 2 194lbs

14101-anthony-eliopulos-3_final.jpg
14101-anthony-eliopulos-7_final.jpg
14101-anthony-eliopulos-13_final.jpg
And some from the show

Great story, it is nice to have someone in your life that will stick by your side and help you through you toughest times, Jason seems like an outstanding person and the true meaning of a friend.

Congratulations on all your progress in life, you are an inspiration to many that even if there are dark times in your life you can pick yourself back up and make to most out of what life has given you. Good luck with everything in the future and hope all goes well for you.

Great story and always good to have someone by your side to help you through stuff. I have always seen Iabadman take his time to help people on the board. He appears to have be of a rare empathic and selflessness charterer most aren't these days. I never spoke with him directly but on the board few times, but he seems like someone i would like to sit down have a drink and he would have alot of wisdom and cool things to say and learn from!

What a great story! It is incredible the bonds you can develop on these boards and the lasting friendships that can be made. Bodybuilding is really so much more than it is on the surface if you really take in all it has to offer i terms of life experiences and lessons that can translate to others areas.

I'm so happy you've stuck with it over the years and bounced back time after time. The mental satisfaction and being able to look back at what you've overcome is the greatest accomplishment of all.

Looking good, man!

I am glad you have your kids back too! Iabadman is a giving person. I am glad we are friends as well. He really helped Meredith and I go to the USA's right after she won the LA CHAMPIONSHIPS. he sent 1500$ in an envelope in the mail. Who does stuff like that?! Good dude:)

Glad you are doing well, Anthony.

Iabadman doesn't sound like a bad man at all!

Great Story!

It's a blessing to have these types of people in your life.

Great story man. Stay strong and keep your faith.

I am glad you have your kids back too! Iabadman is a giving person. I am glad we are friends as well. He really helped Meredith and I go to the USA's right after she won the LA CHAMPIONSHIPS. he sent 1500$ in an envelope in the mail. Who does stuff like that?! Good dude:)

That right there is amazing.what a care and giving person.WOW

Without a doubt, Jason is a stand up guy. I am glad you got your life back in order Tony. :)

Bump great story a lot you can be thankful and proud of there.What contest was it cause the why you looked it looks like you should have placed the only reasons would be it is the Master Nationals or a competitive open contest?
I hope it was not the judge bull-shit but no matter what the gain you have made is not just physical but your whole life .

Great story! Jason is a truly special person. My dad passed away last year, thanks to Jason, I found comfort from my brothers on this board. Much respect J

Yes he is and I could certainly see him doing that.

Great story, it is nice to have someone in your life that will stick by your side and help you through you toughest times, Jason seems like an outstanding person and the true meaning of a friend.

Congratulations on all your progress in life, you are an inspiration to many that even if there are dark times in your life you can pick yourself back up and make to most out of what life has given you. Good luck with everything in the future and hope all goes well for you.

Thank you, I am learning to appreciate all things, to not take anything for granted, and just take things day by day.

Great story and always good to have someone by your side to help you through stuff. I have always seen Iabadman take his time to help people on the board. He appears to have be of a rare empathic and selflessness charterer most aren't these days. I never spoke with him directly but on the board few times, but he seems like someone i would like to sit down have a drink and he would have alot of wisdom and cool things to say and learn from!

Thank you and Yes he is a one and a million. He has helped many times with his wisdom.

What a great story! It is incredible the bonds you can develop on these boards and the lasting friendships that can be made. Bodybuilding is really so much more than it is on the surface if you really take in all it has to offer i terms of life experiences and lessons that can translate to others areas.

I'm so happy you've stuck with it over the years and bounced back time after time. The mental satisfaction and being able to look back at what you've overcome is the greatest accomplishment of all.

Thank you and I am think I am starting to realize that wherever I go in life Bodybuilding is always going to be a part of me. I truly believe my best is yet to come.

Thank you Dave, that has been a big part of me for the last 3 + years and my biggest task. I am forever grateful and appreciative that I am able to raise my boys and handle them the way I see fit. I have never thought of it as a burden only a privilege.

I remember when Jason did that. Also I was at the North Americas when Meredith got her Pro Card. I was texting Jason give him the play by play of her class. I remember how happy he was when I told him she got her Pro Card.

Iabadman doesn't sound like a bad man at all!

Great Story!

It's a blessing to have these types of people in your life.

Thank you and yes very blessed.

Great story man. Stay strong and keep your faith.

Thank you and it gets stronger every day. I am in eager anticipation for what the future holds.

That right there is amazing.what a care and giving person.WOW

He is a great example of a member of the human race.

Without a doubt, Jason is a stand up guy. I am glad you got your life back in order Tony. :)

Thanks Greg, yes he is and me too. There were some dark times but as Johnny Nash once sang "I can see clearly now the rain is gone"

Bump great story a lot you can be thankful and proud of there.What contest was it cause the why you looked it looks like you should have placed the only reasons would be it is the Master Nationals or a competitive open contest?
I hope it was not the judge bull-shit but no matter what the gain you have made is not just physical but your whole life .

Thank you, It was the Europa Orlando and just the Masters 35-49. I will be back I think I still got some game.

Was sure nice reading this Tony...Been a long time...We should try and catch up a little sometime soon.

Keep paying it forward.

Was sure nice reading this Tony...Been a long time...We should try and catch up a little sometime soon.

Keep paying it forward.

Thank you Brad. I would love to see you. The last year or so I have been traveling a lot to your area of the state (if you are still there) I really fell in love with the area and I am considering moving there. My cousin lives there and we have gotten pretty close. I am going to visit her in few weeks for the weekend. The company I work for has offices in several areas and they said it would be fine to with them to transfer to any of the offices. So this summer I am going to spend some time in several areas with my boys and see if it feels right. Great hearing from you and much love my friend.

I have had a few issues on this site, and Jay was the one guy I turned to for advice. I'm glad all is well with you buddy and your conditioning is shockingly good.

Tony, have always been a huge fan of yours! Glad to see you back, better than ever. Glad things have turned around for you. I have been in a downward spiral the last 3 years myself. Seeing you turn things around, gives me hope I can do the same. Look GREAT! Keep posting, always enjoyed your insight.

Best,

Mike aka Lycan

I have had a few issues on this site, and Jay was the one guy I turned to for advice. I'm glad all is well with you buddy and your conditioning is shockingly good.

Thank you we worked really hard and I think we came out really good. This next time I will work harder, smarter, and better. I think we will even better.

Tony, have always been a huge fan of yours! Glad to see you back, better than ever. Glad things have turned around for you. I have been in a downward spiral the last 3 years myself. Seeing you turn things around, gives me hope I can do the same. Look GREAT! Keep posting, always enjoyed your insight.

Best,

Mike aka Lycan

Hi Mike always great to hear from you. I am sorry that the last few years haven't gone so well for you. Yes always have hope and faith, everything if given a chance will get better. if there is anything I can help you with don't hesitate to ask. We can get you through this whatever it is I promise.

I am now back in Bodybuilding and with Jason's help I am going to give it all I got and see how far we can go. So I plan on being an active member here again so yes I will be posting.

Much Love to you Mike. I have always appreciated your love and support. If I can help you in any way just PM me I will give you all my contact information.

Thanks Tony for the kind words, means more than you know! I have always had a great respect for you and the way you conduct yourself. Glad you are going in the right direction again. Thanks again for the love and support, it is mutual. I`ll be ok, just gotta get back on the right path, not always easy to do.

Best,

Mike

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear