over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"I'm a physique guy" he said...

concreteguy

Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
All of the sudden there is five or six young guys at my gym all doing physique this season. It leaves me shaking my head. There thin guys that are lifting hard and have about five minutes of experience between them. No calves, or wheels and smooth in general. But trying hard. When they ask me questions I help them. I must admit it hankers back memories of my green days. At least these kids aren't doing the 'gymrat shuffle'. They have a purpose and goal.
I wish so badly I had the direction and know how then that I do now. It makes me wonder.
I know there diets are all over the map and there not practicing posing. All they have is a fever. You can see the seriousness in there eyes even though they haven't found there way yet. I hope they stick it out long enough to see results and to stand on stage.

CG

I'm glad that you are offering your insight and experience. Do they ask for help? I see a lot of younger guys at the gym that work hard and just do whatever FLEX of MD says to do. Guys that are 5'8 and 135 soaking wet doing 9 exercises of biceps. Can't say anything to them because they know better. Oh the good old days of knowing everything!

Last edited:
Mentor these kids if you can. It could be hard because they might see you as being too big or even worse "bodybuilder". What could you possibly know about physique, right?

The one thing that will kill you is the lack of desire to train legs. At least it does me... But they hide their quads under those board shorts so, yeah, its like that.

All of the sudden there is five or six young guys at my gym all doing physique this season. It leaves me shaking my head. There thin guys that are lifting hard and have about five minutes of experience between them. No calves, or wheels and smooth in general. But trying hard. When they ask me questions I help them. I must admit it hankers back memories of my green days. At least these kids aren't doing the 'gymrat shuffle'. They have a purpose and goal.
I wish so badly I had the direction and know how then that I do now. It makes me wonder.
I know there diets are all over the map and there not practicing posing. All they have is a fever. You can see the seriousness in there eyes even though they haven't found there way yet. I hope they stick it out long enough to see results and to stand on stage.

CG

Thats really awesome you are going to help them out. Hopefully they do stick it out and your time isnt wasted on them. From my perspective its always difficult to approach a big dude in the gym and ask questions.

I know for me, I go to lift hard and focus on my task at hand then get home for my post workout meal. Imagine similarly for the monsters. Always assume theyd get bothered or pissed. Even between sets you're recovering and mentally preparing for your next set. I've known a number of guys who I either wanted to just compliment on their accomplishment,pushing through and succeeding on a toughh set, or to ask what they do for a particular highly impressive bodypart.

its good they have a goal. even when I was still green (still am in many respects) I never trained harder or focused my diet better than when i had a goal. I learned more through that too. I may not have been the best, but theres nothing like giving 110%...

Glad theyre trying and not just doing arms and abs, and kudos to you for answering their questions.

Offer them help if you can. I remember when I started and wanted to ask for advice. It's nice when people help others as long as they don't get all up tight about it.

It's all apples to oranges.

If some guy comes up to you asks you that, how you got there will be different to how he will.

The only basics that you can offer are;

1) Be consistent
2) Once you try it out naturally, constantly be in an anabolic environment(minimum AAS usage)
3) Progressively overload(food intake, sets, weights, reps, etc.)

Anything too particular doesn't necessarily correlate.

shit...ive never been afraid to walk up to the biggest dudes in the gym and ask em...what do you eat???how much do you eat???

Unfortunately when young people want to ask questions its never diet or training related. ..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I admire you for the helpful attitude. I see a lot of guys here who say they pretty much ignore newbies or act like they're too good to help a brutha out.,
shit. in my gym almost every single guy ive ever talked to was more than happy to share what they do, how they eat, even talk about drug regimens, once they know me.
unless they're arrogant assholes.

CG

When i started it seemed like the regulars wouldn't answer my questions they would look at me like scum.Props to you bro i think it shows you are passing along something good they will remember you by............:cool:

Unfortunately when young people want to ask questions its never diet or training related. ..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So true. It's always about gear and 'how long have you been lifting'?

I can't blame them. When I started I thought it was all about gear myself.
I answer them, "food is the drug and you will never grow without it. Learn diet and train effectively. Then talk to me about gear'. But they don't want to hear that shit. They want me to tell them what to pin to be huge in a week. lol

Gotta love um.........

CG

We have some physique guys at our gym, about 20 of them, and they are very nice kids. Actually very respectful.

Some of the top physique guys are in pretty good shape. Nothing close to IFBB Pro, but the look the majority of the population would like to attain.

Specialty Opportunity

Sounds like a good gym for a personal trainer that specializes in preparing those kind of guys for their competitions. Might be a very lucrative opportunity, not just with them, but with a steady flow of guys like them. If you're certified you should spend some time devising a specialized program and then offer your services (for a fee of course).

As I've gotten older I try to offer some pointers on occasion to those who want them or ask a question.

However, there are those who think at 20 they know everything... I try to avoid even talking to them.

Being a really big guy who works out intensely has lead to me being told by some that they felt I was unapproachable while in the gym.

Even though part of me thinks physique contests are a good idea to bring in more money and fans into bodybuilding, the other part wishes it would die a painful death. I can't stomach the 'my legs will get too big' attitude or the all too common "I'm just trying to build up my arms and chest" It all just seems like a way to justify not squatting and deadlifting anything remotely heavy.

Even though part of me thinks physique contests are a good idea to bring in more money and fans into bodybuilding, the other part wishes it would die a painful death. I can't stomach the 'my legs will get too big' attitude or the all too common "I'm just trying to build up my arms and chest" It all just seems like a way to justify not squatting and deadlifting anything remotely heavy.

IDK man, the physique guys I see do squat their asses off. To me, physique is a good Segway to bodybuilding, as it lets them be competitive right out of the gate.

We have a couple of them training in my gym. Pretty good guys.
Overall I think it would be very respectable and good bodybuilding if they would just wear some old school trunks and hit some BB poses.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws