advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I never used to get sick...now 30 and with a 2yr old...and I get decimated..

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Can't eat anything for 48hrs at a time...
Can't keep anything down without puking.
If I'm not puking its coming out liquid the other way.
Headache lingering like I got smashed in the forehead by Thor's hammer.

I am/was a relatively healthy guy who never used to get sick....like once every year or two for like 24hrs. Even my colds were timid and would seemingly not last more than a day. It used to be a running joke that I could hook up with girls that were sick or be around people I knew who were sick and I never cared or worried because I'd tell people "don't worry I won't catch it".
It seems times have changed....I moved from DC to FL 2.5yrs ago. Not sure if the geographical change makes any difference.

And I am certain that having a child that is exposed to daycare 3-4x a week at the gym is contributing to it but when I get these bugs they FLOOR me. Like 1st round knockout down for the count.....
I start getting depressed, emotional, all sorts of silly shit (contemplating if Id feel this way if I werent 40-50lbs over my intended bodyweight....stupid stuff) I take a decent amount of supplements but I am not as consistent or adamant about taking them as I once was...due to financial matters or just due to not paying attention due to other responsibilities.(think Vitamin D, Vitamin C...simple stuff)

My question to you guys out there (and those of you that know me know I am up to date on my use of anti-ox and supps), so what would you suggest I do right away that is easy and a no brainer?
And then my second question is what do you propose I look to in the near future to try to combat this misery that comes along with the joys of being a parent?

And before LK3 comes in here....I know he is going to offer some gold for advice...but I havent tried injectable anti-oxidants yet.

Thanks bros.

all the anti-ox in the world aint gonna protect you from the crap kids stick in their mouth, things they pull out of their diaper.. and spread all this around you and your home. How is your sleep? After my daughter was born, my first kid, I dropped out of the gym for over a year. Having little kids also messes with your hormone levels, I`ve read studies on it. Get some good sleep, drop that excess weight and welcome to having kids.

Obviously exposure to a child in daycare or schooling brings more exposure to the home. That's one factor. Age, stress, sleep and AAS is another. Some literature supports depressed immune system when AAS is used above TRT for long periods of time. My wife is a grade school teacher and I got sick more the first few years I lived with her due to more viral exposure. I adapted.

My suggestions are focus on sleep and more of it if you can. Make sure your D3 intake is on the high end of the spectrum. Invest in a quality probiotic supplement. Increase your fiber. Get some DanActive or equivalent for a few weeks too. Digestive health is known to be a HUGE factor in immune health. Sleep is the biggest factor for me. When I'm sleep deprived or run down I'm way more prone to catching something.

Vitamin C and antioxidants keeping immune system high is a myth. We're starting to see that over use of multiple antioxidants may not even be wise and is overhyped. Many cutting edge nutritionist are going back to a minimalist approach instead of taking 40 pills a day. Digestive health is way more important for immune function.

Last edited:
all the anti-ox in the world aint gonna protect you from the crap kids stick in their mouth, things they pull out of their diaper.. and spread all this around you and your home. How is your sleep? After my daughter was born, my first kid, I dropped out of the gym for over a year. Having little kids also messes with your hormone levels, I`ve read studies on it. Get some good sleep, drop that excess weight and welcome to having kids.

My sleep isn't optimal...that's for sure. I'd say I average 6-7hrs a night and its rarely restful/deep but that may be another issue. As far as test(specific hormone level) I was an idiot and went off completely for many months but have been at 250mg for about 2 months and will likely stay on hrt.

After she was born, I've spent about 8 months trying to be focused...and another 16 months half assing it at the gym or just being completely out of it except maybe 3-4x a month at times....and then I have had a couple 3 month stints of getting serious again mixed in. Priorities like being a good father and provider have always come first but I think I have my shit in line now enough to the point I seem to be ok with focusing a little on my training.

Obviously exposure to a child in daycare or schooling brings more exposure to the home. That's one factor. Age, stress, sleep and AAS is another. Some literature supports depressed immune system when AAS is used above TRT for long periods of time. My wife is a grade school teacher and I got sick more the first few years I lived with her due to more viral exposure. I adapted.

My suggestions are focus on sleep and more of it if you can. Make sure your D3 intake is on the high end of the spectrum. Invest in a quality probiotic supplement. Increase your fiber. Get some DanActive or equivalent for a few weeks too. Digestive health is known to be a HUGE factor in immune health. Sleep is the biggest factor for me. When I'm sleep deprived or run down I'm way more prone to catching something.

Vitamin C and antioxidants keeping immune system high is a myth. We're starting to see that hyper use antioxidants may not even be wise. Digestive health is way more important for immune function.

Great post brother...thanks! Personally I never noticed a weakened immune system in the past when I would cycle. It was something I was aware of and watched for but never saw signs of it. Just anecdotal evidence...but still...then again, things could have changed with age.

This may be the part of my life where I start to realize and respect sleep for the Kingpin it is.

If you are puking and crapping a lot, I'd try to avoid solid foods. In short, it's your bodies natural defense to try and expell the bad bacteria that has colonized in your gut and colon.

Best suggestions would be stay as hydrated as possible, say with pedialyte and mineral water with a tad bit of iodized salt.

Once you start feeling a tad better and you can hold down semi-solid foods. Try to get in some fermented foods and some green bananas in as well potato starch mixed with warm water. These may drop your glucose levels.

You know my go-to antioxidant is melatonin.

Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:

I am/was a relatively healthy guy who never used to get sick....like once every year or two for like 24hrs. Even my colds were timid and would seemingly not last more than a day. It used to be a running joke that I could hook up with girls that were sick or be around people I knew who were sick and I never cared or worried because I'd tell people "don't worry I won't catch it".
It seems times have changed....I moved from DC to FL 2.5yrs ago. Not sure if the geographical change makes any difference.

And I am certain that having a child that is exposed to daycare 3-4x a week at the gym is contributing to it but when I get these bugs they FLOOR me. Like 1st round knockout down for the count.....
I start getting depressed, emotional, all sorts of silly shit (contemplating if Id feel this way if I werent 40-50lbs over my intended bodyweight....stupid stuff) I take a decent amount of supplements but I am not as consistent or adamant about taking them as I once was...due to financial matters or just due to not paying attention due to other responsibilities.(think Vitamin D, Vitamin C...simple stuff)

My question to you guys out there (and those of you that know me know I am up to date on my use of anti-ox and supps), so what would you suggest I do right away that is easy and a no brainer?
And then my second question is what do you propose I look to in the near future to try to combat this misery that comes along with the joys of being a parent?

And before LK3 comes in here....I know he is going to offer some gold for advice...but I havent tried injectable anti-oxidants yet.

Thanks bros.

2 things come to mind. Firstly, it already been mentioned but sleep is very important. It seems like the only time I get sick is after I have had a night or two of really bad sleep. In fact so much so, that I go out of my way to make sure I get enough sleep because I know the consequences if I don't. The second thing that comes to mind is possibly location. I don't know what part of Fl you are in, but when I lived in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area I found that many of the buildings had all kinds of mold in them which always bothered my sinuses and led to me getting sick more often.

My sleep isn't optimal...that's for sure. I'd say I average 6-7hrs a night and its rarely restful/deep but that may be another issue. As far as test(specific hormone level) I was an idiot and went off completely for many months but have been at 250mg for about 2 months and will likely stay on hrt.

After she was born, I've spent about 8 months trying to be focused...and another 16 months half assing it at the gym or just being completely out of it except maybe 3-4x a month at times....and then I have had a couple 3 month stints of getting serious again mixed in. Priorities like being a good father and provider have always come first but I think I have my shit in line now enough to the point I seem to be ok with focusing a little on my training.

Get tested for sleep apnea. Other thing is go to an ENT doctor and have him perform an exam to look into your sinuses.. You could have some sinus blockages from a deviated septum, or turbinate hypertrophy, or so on.

If you are puking and crapping a lot, I'd try to avoid solid foods. In short, it's your bodies natural defense to try and expell the bad bacteria that has colonized in your gut and colon.

Best suggestions would be stay as hydrated as possible, say with pedialyte and mineral water with a tad bit of iodized salt.

Once you start feeling a tad better and you can hold down semi-solid foods. Try to get in some fermented foods and some green bananas in as well potato starch mixed with warm water. These may drop your glucose levels.

Gold bro. Thanks!

2 things come to mind. Firstly, it already been mentioned but sleep is very important. It seems like the only time I get sick is after I have had a night or two of really bad sleep. In fact so much so, that I go out of my way to make sure I get enough sleep because I know the consequences if I don't. The second thing that comes to mind is possibly location. I don't know what part of Fl you are in, but when I lived in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area I found that many of the buildings had all kinds of mold in them which always bothered my sinuses and led to me getting sick more often.

Jacksonville....so it's probably as bad or worse LOL

BTW, not being able to hold anything down included liquid....but I was only attempting with ginger ale and water.

I would bone up on L-Lysine. It doesn't cure colds but has always lessened symptoms for me, almost muting the harsher effects of the cold.

Stress can put dents into your immune system. Melatonin is nature's anti-stress hormone. It is a powerful scavenger of oxygen free radicals. I usually take 1-2mgs of melatonin about 30 minutes into my squat and dead lift workouts because it counters the effects of high cortisol.

Use melatonin to get a deeper sleep, you may still wake at times but it allows the body an easier slip back into the REM state/dreaming. Take small 1 mg or less when first using. More can give really bad nightmares and weird dreams until you become accustomed to it.

Lastly wash your hands and your child's hands and face after daycare. They slobber on each other and the toys. The children don't care much about where they sneeze or wipe runny noses.

...my .02

I swear knight, we are twins. Also 30 with a 2 year old over here.

I've had similar. Issues, the only thing I did was take dr. Mercolas advice.

5g vit c
20k iu vit d
1 serving probiotics each hour

Do this until diarrhea/vomiting stops. Not a cure all, but it helps.

Bro i have been wiping noses for years kids touch everything keep them healthy and i am sure you will get better ,i know i did.........
Goodluck 30 isn't old either you are just getting to your prime!

The first few years of having a kid in day care will take its toll on you. There is always something coming home...especially id one of the kids parent is in the medical field. It dose get better, at least it did in my case.

Hey Knight, I don't know what your thoughts are on peptides, but Selank has been shown to have antiviral properties. Hopefully it's helpful. Here's a study...

[Antiviral activity of immunomodulator Selank in experimental influenza infection].

AuthorsErshov FI, et al. Show all Journal
Vopr Virusol. 2009 Sep-Oct;54(5):19-24. Article in Russian.

Affiliation
Abstract
The main objective of this study was to evaluate the antiviral properties of the glyproline Selank in both in vitro and in vivo against the influenza virus strain A/Aichi 2/68 (H3N2). The pronounced antiviral effect of the agent was detected in both systems. Selank added to the cell culture 24 hours before inoculation (a preventive use scheme) showed the highest efficiency, by completely suppressing viral reproduction. The in vivo studies also demonstrated that the highest survival of laboratory animals was observed when the agent was administered by the prevention scheme. The use of Selank in vivo induced the gene expression of interferon-alpha (IFN-alpha), without affecting that of interleukin (IL)-4, IL-10, or tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha). The findings suggest that the mechanism of the antiviral action of Selank may be due to its ability to modulate Th1/Th2/Treg cytokine equilibrium both directly and indirectly via the central nervous system. This is particularly promising if that the agent is synthesized on the basis of an endogenous peptide and that it has no negative effects is kept in mind.

PMID 19882898 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Was kinda the same when my son was that sorry of age. I built an immunity to it all in the end though. Took about a fucking year of colds and shit every few weeks it seemed. These days I seem immune to just about anything

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

How long has this been going on? Since you moved to Florida or only since your child started day care?

And this may sound extreme and paranoid (I'm a bit of a hypochondriac), but have you been tested for HIV? The reason I ask is in the past you've been pretty resistant to sickness, it seems a bit strange that you would react like this. Most of my friends have kids in day care (and also get inadequate sleep) and they do get sick more often, but nothing like what you're describing.

The people that I know who have strong immune systems and who rarely get sick, when they do get sick, they are floored like how you describe. But it's a rare occurrence, which doesn't seem to be your case.

Otherwise, in addition to the advice already offered, I'd just add in to wash your hands frequently, teach your child how to use Purell, avoid touching your face, eat your fruits and veggies, and maybe add some glutamine to your supplement regimen (pretty cheap and good for your immune system and small intestines). The T should help with your depression, which in turn should help with your immune system. Good luck.

Thanks bros.

lol! well you know what im gona tell you :rolleyes:

I used to be the opposite, which is kind awhy I have persued all this to the extent that I have.

when I worked with DC this was one of the things we talked about quite often as getting sick was hurting my gym progress, I frequently got sick.

now as I get older I get sick less and less, to the point of not having been really sick in years.

nothing will keep you 100% from not getting sick but its to the point were you feel not 100% for a day or two, or have arunny nose for a few days but feel fine.

a bunch of guys on animals site have kids and feel the anit-ox are like salvation, thre children are reffered to as germ factories.

plain and simple SOD and GLUT fix this. you have access to them so why not try it? they are not expensive, don't hurt and easy to use....

aside form that, when you feel something coming on jump on NAC and oregano oil. NAC is super helpful for lung issues too.

I rarely have stomach issues but if you have a big there take something to knock out most thignsand repopulate with probiotics. jacksonvile on A's site goes into some detail on this recently, checkout what he is saying, he is prob the most knowledgeable there on gut health.

also potassium citrate seems to play a big role as it works on your ph. mag T as well.

now stop getting sick! LOL!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner