over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help me with my girlfriend's diet

kpumpin

Registered
I have been helping my go for 6 weeks and she has been following everything exactly as lined out. I live with her and work with her also so I help her prepare all her meals and know there isn't any behind the scenes extra calories being taken in. She has only had one cheat meal in that time, mainly because we get very creative with meals and protein desserts.
She went from 185 to 175 the first 3 weeks but has maintained the last three weeks. She is on 1750 calories with her macros being 40 pro 35 fat and 25 carbs. Diet is usually as follows:

Team skip blend shake added fiber with small amount of fruit and coconut oil

Quest bar

Lean meat veggies with fat in for of almonds or grass fed butter or natty pb

Lean meat with sweet Potatoe and small amount of fruit

Lean meat or team skip blend with added fat of coconut oil or natty pb

She also uses fish oil

She trains 3rd per week with weights alternating upper and lower body with high intensity cardio first thing in the morning on her off days for 15 minutes.

It's hard for me to figure out the next plan of action for her cause I was able to diet down with very high calories. I don't want to just keep dropping calories and end up with very low calories and stalled weight loss before goals are met.

I've thought of 2 very low calorie days on Sunday and Thursday with the other days staying at 1750 or possibly intermittent fasting. I know we are doing a recomp because I see changes but it's discouraging for her not to see at least a pound per week and I don't want her to lose her motivation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I would drop some fats to bring her kcals down a little and see how that goes. I would also introduce a proper weekly cheat meal/ carb refeed to boost her metabolism. I would prolly switch your fats and carbs percentages too.

Perhaps some carb cycling.

Just because YOU were able to cut on higher cals doesn't translate to her doing the same. Were you "enhanced"? If so, and even if she is, I'm sure the ration is substantially higher.

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't sure about the fat and carb percentages for her. I just started her off on what worked for me and am going from there. Would you do a clean carb re feed meal or just a cheat meal?

Yeah, I understand not everyone could cut on high calories. The reason I mentioned that was because I'm not sure how to handle cutting with a woman that is already not losing weight with relatively low calories. I know if I just continue to drop calories as the body adjusts she will be very low by the time she hits her goals. I didn't mind to keep cutting calories because I was tired of eating so much in the first place. Just don't want to back her in a corner of super low calories to achieve her goal and not be able to maintain that level.

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't sure about the fat and carb percentages for her. I just started her off on what worked for me and am going from there. Would you do a clean carb re feed meal or just a cheat meal?

Yeah, I understand not everyone could cut on high calories. The reason I mentioned that was because I'm not sure how to handle cutting with a woman that is already not losing weight with relatively low calories. I know if I just continue to drop calories as the body adjusts she will be very low by the time she hits her goals. I didn't mind to keep cutting calories because I was tired of eating so much in the first place. Just don't want to back her in a corner of super low calories to achieve her goal and not be able to maintain that level.

Start slow with the cutting cals. Too much too fast will not be good in the end.

Shelby has some great books on carb cycling, check them out. You can buy all of his books for stupid cheap, it's like not only finding the gold pot at the end of the rainbow, but the leprechaun that left it too

Huge fan of a carb cycle for most men and women. Two medium days followed by a low day with increased fats can usually help a slow down of metabolism..

why do you have her eating so much?

175 is still pretty big, should be supper easy to drop weight.

does she do any exercise?

super simple approach.

eat 1 big meal at night preferably post workout.

nothing in the morning, coffee is ok but just 1-2 no sugar, no milk creamis ok.

lots of water, no food minimum 3hrs.

an apple and some nuts once she gets starving limiting to about 3xed.

alanine and leucine are helpul if you want supps.

super simple, super easy and will address insulin sensitivity which is huge. eating multiple meals per dayis hurt slin sensitivity. really its usefull if you want to gain weight.

just saw the workout stuff.

drop the HIIT switch to slow longer, like walking. post cardio a lil protein, lil fat carbs from fruit, limit to 30ish g.

pre wo an apple and a lil protein.

do another apple or two during the day with some nuts.

eat a big meal post workout, carbs from rice or potatoes and lean meat.

eat meat first, then carbs then veg.

Last edited:
Most woman I see train do much lower calories than that. Maybe 1200.

Drop the cals and carb cycle her for a month and see if her body responds well.

uploadfromtaptalk1400273009684.jpg Here is a pic to show the progress this far

Most woman I see train do much lower calories than that. Maybe 1200.

I wanted to start her out as high as I could while still losing weight. I figured her body would eventually adapt to the lower calories and I wouldn't have anywhere to go from there. With her having a significant amount of weight to lose I didn't want her to have to end up sub 1000 calories.

Thanks for the continued replies and suggestions.

The progress looks good. Definitely able to see the difference!
BUT, I still recommend getting Shelby's books. There are like 6 in all and you don't have to go 1 way, you can mix it up. This will help you both learn what works for you

Yes the progress is good so far but has stopped. I'm gonna get the macronutrient book in just a few and do some reading

Some of you guys on this Board should shut up when it comes to giving advice for DIETs. I hear some real stupid stuff on this board. No way a 175 Pound woman should eat only 1200 calories, she will go into starvation mode. First thing would be her muscle that will go, not fat.

And eat nothing in the morning and drink just coffee? You guys are not concern about her health at all. I agree with richiec, let the guys who know what they are doing help, like Shelby.

Some of you guys on this Board should shut up when it comes to giving advice for DIETs. I hear some real stupid stuff on this board. No way a 175 Pound woman should eat only 1200 calories, she will go into starvation mode. First thing would be her muscle that will go, not fat.

And eat nothing in the morning and drink just coffee? You guys are not concern about her health at all. I agree with richiec, let the guys who know what they are doing help, like Shelby.

You are not going to go into "starvation mode" on 1200 calories. And no, she is at a higher BF percentage so she is more likely to shed fat first.

Forget the carb cycling crap. Increase cardio or cut calories further. There is no magic science to this.

As for the eating nothing in the morning and drinking only coffee, it can be a beneficial dieting approach for some.

Does she have a sedentary desk job? If so, 1750 kcals is probably too high.

Do a 2 week diet break.

And no, she is at You are not going to go into "starvation mode" on 1200 calories.a higher BF percentage so she is more likely to shed fat first.

Forget the carb cycling crap. Increase cardio or cut calories further. There is no magic science to this.

As for the eating nothing in the morning and drinking only coffee, it can be a beneficial dieting approach for some.

Does she have a sedentary desk job? If so, 1750 kcals is probably too high.

Do a 2 week diet break.

Another ridculous post. And if you have her at 1200 calories, where will you go from there? Did you ask even once what kind of foods she is eating? Times of day? Meals per day? Are they balanced? No, you didn't. You do know that DIETs with certain foods will increase fat burning and not just calories? :rolleyes: Not to mention breakfast is one the most important meals of the day. You don't tell someone not to eat for 3 hours in the morning, ask any top nutritionist why. You are not one. Next time determine BMR by asking a lot more questions, what her heart rate is at for Cardio and how to get her healthy. You are clueless about anything with this girl and what is best for her. One size does not fit all. Let her get someone like Shelby, who knows what he is doing. :cool:

I'm no Shelby Starnes but I see u quote macros but there is no measurement involved in your food. Also tons of shakes? Up the food protein and slowly lower shakes. We have done this throughout my prep. Get measurements and then I'll try and help from there

hey :p...what are her goals? is she picky in what she eats? refuses certain advice?...only ask this because alot of my female friends that ask for diet tips ect say uggh im not eating that or i dont like that...its a lifestyle change. As well as weight training ..Interval training for cardio would be great for her...really go for it...i look like ive had a bucket of water thrown at me when i do cardio :D at least 30mins..mix it up so she doesnt get bored...10 mins on the rower-10 on treadmill-10 X-trainer...then try add more time when fitness level improves...I love protien shakes...Im logging a fatloss peptide at the moment thats something to think about..take a look at it see what you think...dont log my diet but can pm you if you want..or join her up get her to pm me :) i'll help if i can x

Last edited:
I like the KISS approach ! Multiply weight by 10 and that is how many cal. To consume. Ex . 175 lbs = 1750 a day! Adjust so often! Plenty of cals if eating clean!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear