over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre intra and post WO help

UTDsoldier

Newbies
What do you eat pre and post workout and what do you take intra??? Do you like low GI or high GI carbs or no carbs pre WO do you like what carb source do you prefer post.

Also could someone please point me in the direction of John meadows pre intra and post workout nutrition? Any threads would be appropriated I know his close to his show and is looking amazing.

I'm just interested how the 'BIG' boys get up to not asking your secrets okay maybe a few hahahha.

Search for mountain dog diet. Nutrition around your training is going to be highly personal. At times I use slow gi carbs pre when I have a large time window. Training before work I use hi gi carbs since my time is limited. I hate being in the gym and still tasting what I ate before hand.

Pre-workout I prefer something that is not too fast digesting as I want to have sustained energy. About 45 minutes pre-w/o I like something along the lines of Ezekiel bread (sprouted grain bread), jasmine rice, sweet potato or rice cakes. I also add a little fat to slow digestion and for protein I prefer a multi-species protein like Team Skip blend from True Nutrition.

Intra I either use Karboload or HBCDs with pepto pro, EAAs and BCAAs.

Immediately post w/o I add extra whey isolate with more karboload or HBCDs to my shake. Once I get homes and about 30 - 45minutes later I have jasmine rice, sweet potato, red potatoes or Ezekiel bread along with a lean protein source.

For John Meadows' information **broken link removed**

Cheers mentalflex, your approach is same as mine I eat sweet potato preWO with a few rice cakes with natty peanut butter and the intra is Bcaas glut amine with a cypherfuel carb powder, then post atm is salmon or lean beef with white rice. I swap that for fish or chicken when I use slin and up the rice.

Also thank you for the link

I use to do pre intra and post but for whatever reason the intra started to upset me after a while, even with 1500-2000mls water

so lately its been

pre
50 grams iso
108 carbs from cream of rice (3 servings)
tbs nut butter

intra
bcaas

immediately pwo
50 grams iso

when i get home
2 cups jasmine rice
8 oz lean beef

Cheers mentalflex, your approach is same as mine I eat sweet potato preWO with a few rice cakes with natty peanut butter and the intra is Bcaas glut amine with a cypherfuel carb powder, then post atm is salmon or lean beef with white rice. I swap that for fish or chicken when I use slin and up the rice.

Also thank you for the link

You'll find John's site is great resource. Trust me, it is well worth the monthly cost. Sign up for a two year package and pay $8/month.

If you have the opportunity, give pepto-pro a shot with your intra workout drink. At least for me personally, I found using pepto pro has enhanced recovery as compared to just BCAAs

For me it's no carbs pre workout or intra what ever my goals are. Just a chicken breast an hour pre workout or a tin of tuna if cutting. I'm much stronger carbles every time. I use peptides pre workout and do my cardio post workout since I'm as good as fasted then. Post workout I like 200g of rice kribies with 60g whey and 5g creatine mixed with water for about 160 carbs and 50 protein with almost 0 fat. On the drive home I'll stop at supermarket and get a couple of small weight watchers frozen cheese cakes for a treat and extra carbs. There very low fat and only about 350 calorie total. An hour or 2 later I like a nice big bread stick filled with salad, pilchards, and Greek yogurt. Probably have a few pieces of fruit with this. By this point I've hit about 300g-350 carbs 140g protein and 15 g fat and I'm feeling good and energised again. If im cutting I can just have a chicken breast hear and there upto bed time, if I'm growing then I'll make a real big bowl of rice, veg and chicken and graze on that as I'm hungry. I like to keep fats nice and low on training days so I can get plenty of carbs in for sleep, mood and recovery. The reason I hit so many carbs so quick after training is to elevate mood as I have to pick my son up from school and I need to be energised and happy to improve the quality of our time together

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I use to do pre intra and post but for whatever reason the intra started to upset me after a while, even with 1500-2000mls water

so lately its been

pre
50 grams iso
108 carbs from cream of rice (3 servings)
tbs nut butter

intra
bcaas

immediately pwo
50 grams iso

when i get home
2 cups jasmine rice
8 oz lean beef

Jeremy, what was in your intra? Maybe it was too much of something. I can't have too much HBCD or pepto so I cut back a bit and found my spot and it is amazing!! I will never train again without intra HBCD and pepto.

Pre- whey protein oatmeal peanut butter 45min before
Intra- pepto pro, karboload, beta alanine, citrulline malate
Post- lean steak and rice

Jeremy, what was in your intra? Maybe it was too much of something. I can't have too much HBCD or pepto so I cut back a bit and found my spot and it is amazing!! I will never train again without intra HBCD and pepto.

I worked my way up from 50-100 hbcd with 1500- -2000 mls water and 20 pepto pro. It works well for 4-6 weeks and then my GI needs a break. I have a very sensitive GI anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I train early in the am. As soon as I wake up, I have oats with whey and MCT oil in them.

I'll have a preworkout drink with bcaa's and xtra Leucine.

Intra is usually Glycofuse and coconut sugar with more bcaa's.

Post is whey and Creatine.

As soon as I change and get to my truck it's more oats mixed with egg whites.

What do you eat pre and post workout and what do you take intra??? Do you like low GI or high GI carbs or no carbs pre WO do you like what carb source do you prefer post.

Also could someone please point me in the direction of John meadows pre intra and post workout nutrition? Any threads would be appropriated I know his close to his show and is looking amazing.

I'm just interested how the 'BIG' boys get up to not asking your secrets okay maybe a few hahahha.

This is what I take and a few other that I know take. It works great to give you energy and transport aminos during and after workout. You will also notice a difference in recovery and endurance.
You mix two scoops of Aminolast with one scoop of Glycofuse ( From Gaspari) in one liter of water and you start sipping it about 10 minutes prior to start of workout and keep sipping throughout until you are done. This not a replacement for food and its assuming you already eat your meals a while before.

Last edited:
Oats, egg whites, Greek yogurt about an hour pre
BCAAs with just 10gm dextrose intra
Corn flakes with almond milk and whey post

My reading suggest intra workout was of little benefit and mostly the territory on supplement hucksters... Seems I may be wrong

Intra is really only important if you're doing high volume. A high intensity routine really won't burn through all of the pre carbs.

Intra is really only important if you're doing high volume. A high intensity routine really won't burn through all of the pre carbs.

what is considered high volume?

I did DC training in the past and liked the principles so I adapted them to me a bit. Right now I am doing everything (besides legs, I can't do legs at all due to injuries) with 7-9 sets about 3 times every 2 weeks (goal is 2 times a week but I listed to my body and skip workouts as it says). I focus on 2 heavy movements for 4 sets per bodypart that are meant to just "move more weight" without sloppy form and then the 3rd movement is moderate 8-12 reps a bit stricter with the final movement being purely SLOW negatives and time under tension. All is done rotating between push and pull parts so that one part doesn't get all the heaviest sets (IE alternating movements from chest/shoulder/tri)

Am I getting into the "high volume" territory?

It can take aa while to get pre and peri dialed in.. I like to start clients 16 weeks out from a show so we can dial everything in perfectly to where they are maintaining weight and losing bodyfat, then when we start to stick adjust carbs outside of the training zone.. I have very similiar ideas as John when it comes to carbs

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws