over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

getting older while still lifting

cardealer

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
When I was young all my friends and family could not understand why I spent so much on my time dieting and lifting weights.Now at 60 I feel as good as I did at 20.Many of the people I went to school with look like old people and act like old people,I cant even recognize most.Now they say I wish I had kept in shape too.This is a life long thing for me and only time will tell what the future has in store for me,but so far I'm very glad of the path I have followed

So true. I'm only in my mid 30's, but I've seen all my old high school and college friends get fat and lazy at desk jobs. Faces slowly starting to sour and age with lines, etc. While I'm still dating 18-22 year olds who all think I'm in my mid 20's. I TRULY believe I owe that to 15 years of lifting and eating decently and my drug regiment.

Yep, in my mid 40's now and no way Im even close to stopping. Like you guys posted I see people from years back and they don't look very good physically and in some cases look much older than their actual age.

When I was young all my friends and family could not understand why I spent so much on my time dieting and lifting weights.Now at 60 I feel as good as I did at 20.Many of the people I went to school with look like old people and act like old people,I cant even recognize most.Now they say I wish I had kept in shape too.This is a life long thing for me and only time will tell what the future has in store for me,but so far I'm very glad of the path I have followed

I hope I am doing as well as you at 60.

I hope I am doing as well as you at 60.

You'll be Mr Men's Physique Universe by then. :D

Lifting weights with moderate cardio and proper nutrition is the fountain of youth. It keeps your body and mind young.

You'll be Mr Men's Physique Universe by then. :D

Lifting weights with moderate cardio and proper nutrition is the fountain of youth. It keeps your body and mind young.

Haha. You'll be my main competition.

While I'm not as old as you are;) looking at people I grew up with just gives me more motivation to keep at it in the gym. Don't lift as heavy as I used to but I still get amazing pumps and that's enough for me.

Im 53 been lifting since 13 I look at the phat phukks I work with that are my age and thank god every day I dont look like that!

49 here

More or less been training since I was 14

I don't live near most of the people that I grew up with but just being around people my out here my age makes me feel and look like Superman. :cool:

You are absolutely right CarDealer. I am also 60 and have been lifting since my teens. I used to think when I was much younger that I would eventually burn out on the weights. I realize now I will never stop. I still enjoy hitting the gym as much as I ever did. There are physical AND mental benefits for me. As you get older, the differences between those who have taken care of themselves vs. those who have not done anything become more and more obvious.

Plus, these past 8 months, I have had to deal with a cancer diagnosis, surgery and chemo. My last report looked clean with no cancer evident. My oncologist told me I did "beautifully" and "did not look like someone having chemo". I even hit the gym thru chemo as much as I could. I am very sure the fact that I have always been active and tried to eat healthy helped that final outcome.

Last edited:
Im sure it has.I have used steroids for 40 years,but never over 700-1000mgs weekly on blasts been cruising and added HGH 3 years ago in between.Have labs done every 3 mths and all has been good so far,Added biking 3 years ago and has helped greatly.

Plus, these past 8 months, I have had to deal with a cancer diagnosis, surgery and chemo. My last report looked clean with no cancer evident. My oncologist told me I did "beautifully" and "did not look like someone having chemo". I even hit the gym thru chemo as much as I could. I am very sure the fact that I have always been active and tried to eat healthy helped that final outcome.

I've been wondering how you were doing but didn't wanna pry. That's great news brother! Very glad to hear you are in remission!

Reading that post damn near made me cry.

You are absolutely right CarDealer. I am also 60 and have been lifting since my teens. I used to think when I was much younger that I would eventually burn out on the weights. I realize now I will never stop. I still enjoy hitting the gym as much as I ever did. There are physical AND mental benefits for me. As you get older, the differences between those who have taken care of themselves vs. those who have not done anything become more and more obvious.

I am really happy for you, Brick. You ate a good guy. I am 49 and hope I hold up and am able to keep lifting.

picture of a 60 year old geezer.

Attachments

• 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 1,388
Looking good cardealer!! You keep training and enjoying your life.

Thanks 5'8" 235 in pic going to hit 219 just for kicks and giggles

Thanks,still fat but have 4 abs showing.Ride bike with my neighbor a 35 year old prision guard.He gets tired at the 15-20 mile mark.

Been lifting since 14 and am 60 now like you. Never did any gear but as I reached 50 or so I began having to modify my routines. More reps less weight. I wasn't recovering and began to tear things. Slower and slower recovery time. Got to the point where I stayed damaged in some way. Finally went the doc and after getting my test levels back up, it's going great. I'm bigger than I was in my 30's now. Test Cyp is some seriously amazing shit!! Still have to be careful though, even though my strength and size is back up, the joints are still 60 and adding that extra weight on days that I feel good has led to some setbacks. Still , I'm having a blast.

Wheatdog

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner