over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pet Peeves In The Gym

ShortStop

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This is one of mine "Dropping Dumbbells" if you can't pick it up you shouldn't be lifting it without a spotter... I mean have you ever tried to do a set with a bent dumbbell. I actually dropped it something i hate. It sucks rolls around in your hand felt like it was going to break my wrist. Especially when you get to the higher weights.. Its all just one motion to lean back with them on your knees and then let them fall right back to your knees ain't no need for dropping them on the floor saying look at me look how much i can't lift... Its just upsetting someone bent up all the dumbbells :banghead:

We have this topic on another forum im on lol.
Guys using squat rack for barbell curls!!

We have this topic on another forum im on lol.
Guys using squat rack for barbell curls!!

I can't lie, I'm guilty of this. There are pre made straight bars, but for some reason I like using the full size straight bar as opposed to the short ones. With that being said, my gym isn't very hard core so the squat rack basically has spider webs on it lol. If the gym is empty then I just stay in the squat rack. If not then I'll just steal the bar and lift it from the ground. Usually the benches are being used so I don't steal those straight bars. As I said before, no one really uses the squat rack so its usually not an issue that I use it. Most of the members use the smith machine for squats anyway. I also use the squat rack when I do bent rows, too.

I tend to think I have pretty good gym etiquette so if I think someone needs the squat rack then I'll ask them if they need to use it.

My pet peeve is when people don't re-rack the weights or just leave dumb bells laying on the floor. That shit drives me up the wall!

always wanted to post in one of these...

got this kid who thinks hes big...always wears those cut off sleeveless,neckless
sideless shirts...you know what im talkin about?its like the dude is shirtless.
hes the classic overtrained,underfed dork.decent build/genetics just hasn't figured out what hes doin yet.just had some good luck on his first cycle...you know the type.

it was fuckin 20 degrees one day.snow flurries and im lookin out the window betweensets,depressed wishin I was back in cali...

this idiot comes walkin thru the parking lot in one of those cut off man thong lingerie shirts...
I nicknamed him "hoth" you know...the ice planet,from empire strikes back.

Not really a pet peeve but funny imo. People who rack on excessive amounts of weight only to see them do 1/8 the ROM. Do people actually think leg pressing a range of 3 inches will actually do something?

got this kid who thinks hes big...always wears those cut off sleeveless,neckless
hes the classic overtrained,underfed dork.decent build/genetics just hasn't figured out what hes doin yet.just had some good luck on his first cycle...you know the type.

it was fuckin 20 degrees one day.snow flurries and im lookin out the window betweensets,depressed wishin I was back in cali...

this idiot comes walkin thru the parking lot in one of those cut off man thong lingerie shirts...

LOL, Thats funny

Not really a pet peeve but funny imo. People who rack on excessive amounts of weight only to see them do 1/8 the ROM. Do people actually think leg pressing a range of 3 inches will actually do something?

Yes that pisses me off to or just funny to look at... Doing squats with all this weight and doing a quarter squat.. I mean god dude did u even bend your knees or did u move your back,lol.. I see that all the time

Yes that pisses me off to or just funny to look at... Doing squats with all this weight and doing a quarter squat.. I mean god dude did u even bend your knees or did u move your back,lol.. I see that all the time

Well the funny thing is they look like twigs and I instantly ask myself how on earth can they lift that much, I must see this its quite impressive.................only to see them do 10%. Its even more astonishing when they get all cocky, huff and puff, grunt and then slam the weight back as though they accomplished something mankind has never accomplished. :)

dipshit clown boy who werks at my gym...that wont do shit!!!
its his job to keep that gym clean and all he does is stand around talk to the members,hide behind equipment so the owners(family owned)don't see him texting or whatever on his phone.
man im a clean freak and hate being in a dirty gym.(its to the point where its gross).used this gym in the past and it was always spotless,smellin good.

I know ultimately its the owners fault but i hate this kid...
hes basically a thief,he don't do shit but collects a check.
I want to straight tell on him but I just wasn't raised that way...

You know what's a peeve of mine ... other dudes in the gym having pet peeves about a bunch of other human beings instead of focusing on their training

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

not trying to be a prick but I don't get why it is a pet peeve of what other DUDEs wear in the gym? The only thing I notice in the gym are girls in LuLu pants!!!

My pet peeve is when someone walks by and stinks...I don't get how someone can't smell themself if I can smell them.

People that don't rerack their weights. The circuit guy who thinks he can use 3 machines.

Another one is these like groupies.. Dudes that like follow me around ask me what to do and how to do it. The other kind that wants to come behind me whatever I'm doing and try to show me that he can lift more. Ya know I'm not a big dude I'm built but i wouldn't go calling myself big by any standards. Some guys are some insecure motherfuckers. I'm not in there to bullshit. There some other kind that just wants to hit on the girls. I got some nice looking girls in my gym but i wouldn't go up and talk to them while there working out.. Its like church to me. I might stare at one using some mirrors but thats about it.... Its always those dudes like ya all are talking about walking around wasting space in my gym without a clue.

The worst is all this damn crossfit going on at my gym! You will be walking to the dumbbell rack and someone will come speeding in front of you with a sled full of weights lol ..head on a swivel at all times in that place

You know what's a peeve of mine ... other dudes in the gym having pet peeves about a bunch of other human beings instead of focusing on their training

Well when i pay to use equipment that other people use and destroy kinda just pisses me off.. Its really inconsiderate kinda like when you don't wipe up your sweat up for other people to lie in.. Some human beings are ignorant and dirty

The guy just asked a question so there's really no need for the attitude. It's completely natural for us (humans) to get irritated or annoyed by others bad habits. You can be 100% focused in the gym, but walk to a bench or squat rack and get annoyed bc someone didn't re-rack the weights.

Getting annoyed doesn't mean you're not focused. It's just the brains immediate response to something that bothers them. If you say that you've never been annoyed or bothered by someone else in the gym then you're either a liar or you don't train very often.

I do think its over the top when guys are worried about what other guys are wearing or to be bothered bc they're wearing large head phones.

Pisses me off when people do not put things back, Re wrack there weights and hog a machine. I usually just walk up and say you do not mind if i work in right?

There has always been and will always be a dis-proportionate number of dysfunctional people walking around gyms/fitness centers. Just an observation over the last 40 some years. You can find dozens of examples of this on Youtube.

Almost got into a fight with some bitch the other day. Cable machine is free, I go work out on it, kid comes 5 minutes later and tells me he's using it. If you're not there and it's free, than you ain't on it! Plain and fuckin simple. I can understand you goin for a water break and domin back a minute or 2 later but after that you gotta be fucking kidding me.

The fat guy who's doing a ton of gear and thinks he's swole, does not diet, nor train hard but really hes just fat as fuck. My personal pet peeve.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws