advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone has any experience with Rolex Submariners?

desibaba

Banned
I finally feel like Im ready to own a nice watch for the first time in my life. I really like the look of the Submariner. I see the base model (black with date) is considerably less than the blue (with date). Is it worthwhile to spend the extra 4-5k to get the blue over the black. There is also a special edition green that I noticed. People say since Rolex's hold their value so well don't think of it like throwing 13k down the toilet.

I have one, my best friend has 3 and his dad has 4 Rolex's. Yes get the date. The sub has 2 models one with the cyclops and date and one without. The one with the date will hold its resale value much better than the one without. Also keep the original papers and the green box. This will also add value if you ever want to sell it. The limited edition is super cool as my boss's dad has this one (All of his have customer diamond bezels). To me its not worth the extra money to get the blue when you can use that same money to get diamonds for numbers which adds value.

You will never regret buying a rolex. Believe it or not it will get you more respect. You will also notice every rolex you see on others wrist.

You will never regret buying a rolex. Believe it or not it will get you more respect. You will also notice every rolex you see on others wrist.

The thing is I am a Car Salesman who makes about 60-70k a year but I have very little expenses (no wife, kids, child support, etc) and I have a decent inheritance (about 500k) waiting for me. I wonder if people will think im a douchebag if I had one. My dad had one but he was a commercial airline pilot so his line of work was very different from mine.

Get in touch with Osiris. He used to buy a lot of Rolex's.

must be nice to have these kinds of decisions to make... lol:(

That's what I thought too! I'll take my $150 fossil and $100 guess watches ;)

There are so many nicer watches than a Rolex IMHO. So cliché. When I see a person with a Rolex I assume they have enough money to buy a nice watch but know nothing about watches so they buy a Rolex because that's the one brand everyone knows.

But hey, if that's what you like, to each his own.

My Droid has a clock on it so I quit wearing a watch years ago. I couldn't imagine dropping that kind of dough on a watch.

My Droid has a clock on it so I quit wearing a watch years ago. I couldn't imagine dropping that kind of dough on a watch.

It's all relative my man. :) Different priorities for different people.

It's all relative my man. :) Different priorities for different people.

Very true! I'm married with a 5 yr old son and another child on the way, so my priorities are very different than his are.

I may be mistaken but a Rolex is classic, unlike Tag or Breitling etc which IMO went through these fads. Hence if I were to invest that much money on a watch I'd like it to somewhat keep its value. IMO

Rolex's are very nice and can be considered an investment. Lately I've been into Omegas, a little more contemporary but still holds value really well.

That's what I thought too! I'll take my $150 fossil and $100 guess watches ;)

there was a time when I considered dropping that kind of loot on an accessory, in retrospect im glad I didn't, though by now I would have sold it.

I haven't work a watch in years and honestly don't care too much about what time it is anyway... lol

a few months back I saw some really cool looking watches, thought about it for a sec, but I don't think I could go back to wearing one, nor do I really live in that kinda world anymore...

but pharm fed is also right, I often think most that buy rolex just do it cus its a rolex...

Well of course! But there's a reason for that too...

I don't disagree, but I too see it as a bit cliché.

if you are gona buy a quality watch your dollar in most cases can go further with other brands, people that know watches usually see this. people that buy flashy things to buy flashy things typically just buy the rolex...lol

:p

I spent 7500 on a watch and I dropped it and it had 2k in damage. I'm going to get it fixed but never again would I ever spend that money on a watch.

That's 2 years of HG growth

I don't disagree, but I too see it as a bit cliché.

if you are gona buy a quality watch your dollar in most cases can go further with other brands, people that know watches usually see this. people that buy flashy things to buy flashy things typically just buy the rolex...lol

:p

i disagree. the resell value of rolexs is so much better that it's worth the tiny premium you pay for the name. (compared to simliar level watches)

I have a couple of Rolex watches which I haven't worn in years. I used to think having a nice watch was a big deal.

The thing is I am a Car Salesman who makes about 60-70k a year but I have very little expenses (no wife, kids, child support, etc) and I have a decent inheritance (about 500k) waiting for me. I wonder if people will think im a douchebag if I had one. My dad had one but he was a commercial airline pilot so his line of work was very different from mine.

In sales you want to look successful but not too flashy. What kind of cars do you sell. Different makes and models attract different types of people.

I use to have a collection of nice watches, Rolex Explorer II, Baum & Mercier - Chronograph, Tag Heuer (can't remember the model) and a Omega Speed Master(still have this one). I went through some tough times and had to get rid of most everything. I own a couple of auto body shop now and I wear my Timex Ironman. I used to think people cared about that little logo on my watch. Maybe some did. But it was more of my issue thinking I had to impress everyone. Even those people I didn't know or like. :rolleyes:

If you like the watch! Get the watch for you! Enjoy what you work hard for!! I personally like Tags Heuers or Omegas now. Lot's of nice watches out there.

In sales you want to look successful but not too flashy. What kind of cars do you sell. Different makes and models attract different types of people.

I use to have a collection of nice watches, Rolex Explorer II, Baum & Mercier - Chronograph, Tag Heuer (can't remember the model) and a Omega Speed Master(still have this one). I went through some tough times and had to get rid of most everything. I own a couple of auto body shop now and I wear my Timex Ironman. I used to think people cared about that little logo on my watch. Maybe some did. But it was more of my issue thinking I had to impress everyone. Even those people I didn't know or like. :rolleyes:

If you like the watch! Get the watch for you! Enjoy what you work hard for!! I personally like Tags Heuers or Omegas now. Lot's of nice watches out there.

Bingo, buy what you like. If you're going to drop that kind of coin on a watch, do some research. Read a watch aficionado magazine, find a forum, etc. There are way too many beautiful watches available in the price range you're talking about to buy something as vanilla as a Rolex (unless you decide that is what you really like).

They are nice watches, nobody is denying that. If they weren't they likely wouldn't be so popular. My point is that they are like the Louis Vuitton monogram purse of the watch world. Yeah they're nice, but that's what everyone with a little money and no knowledge buys. Be original. Buy something because you can appreciate it's beauty and complexity, not just because it's expensive.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner