over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FedEx charged with trafficking drugs for Web pharmacies

CYNDER_BLOCK

Banned
FedEx charged with trafficking drugs for Web pharmacies

FedEx is facing drug-trafficking charges after a federal grand jury in San Francisco indicted the overnight shipping company, accusing it of conspiring to deliver prescription drugs for illegal Internet pharmacies.

The indictment says FedEx knew for a decade that such pharmacies used their services. FedEx took steps to protect its business by setting up special credit policies for Internet pharmacies so it wouldn't lose money if police shut the sites down, the indictment says.

FedEx ignored nearly a decade of warnings from the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Food and Drug Administration and members of Congress, the indictment says.

"FedEx knew that it was delivering drugs to dealers and addicts," the Justice Department said in a press release.

Federal prosecutors have summoned FedEx to federal court in San Francisco for a hearing July 29.

No FedEx officers were charges.

FedEx is innocent of the charges, said Patrick Fitzgerald, senior vice president for marketing and communications, in a written statement. Fitzgerald said FedEx has cooperated for decades with law enforcement agencies to stop illegal drug activity.

"We have repeatedly requested that the government provide us a list of online pharmacies engaging in illegal activity," he said. "Whenever DEA provides us a list of pharmacies engaging in illegal activity, we will turn off shipping for those companies immediately. So far the government has declined to provide such a list."

Fitzgerald said it is unreasonable to expect FedEx to take responsibility for the legality of the contents of the 10 million packages it delivers each day.

"We are a transportation company — we are not law enforcement," he said.

FedEx's couriers in Kentucky, Tennessee and Virginia told senior FedEx managers that they worried for their safety. Delivery addresses for the pills included parking lots, schools and vacant homes where carloads of people would await the parcels, the indictment said.

"FedEx trucks had been stopped on the road by Internet pharmacy customers demanding packages of pills," it said.

The illegitimate Internet pharmacies that emerged on the Web starting in 1998 required that patients do little more than fill out a questionnaire describing an ache or pain to get an online prescription.

Prosecutors say officials of the DEA and FDA and members of Congress warned FedEx at least six times since 2004 that illegal Internet pharmacies used the global shipper to deliver drugs.

The indictment says FedEx knowingly shipped drugs for two illegal Internet pharmacies, the Chhabra-Smoley Organization and Superior Drugs. In 2003, the DEA shut down RxNetwork, one of the Chhabra-Smoley businesses, and arrested Vincent Chhabra on charges of violating the Controlled Substances Act.

"FedEx learned of these events promptly after they occurred," the indictment says, but the shipper continued to deliver for other businesses run by the same group.

The credit policy, circulated to FedEx directors on July 6, 2006, and included in the indictment, explained the policy's rationale: "Many of these companies operate outside federal and state regulations over the sale of controlled drugs. ... Drugs purchased from these sites may be diluted or counterfeit. Several sites have been shut down by the government without warning or simply disappeared, leaving large balances owing to FedEx."

Ya know, I've always wondered why no one on here started some personal "courier" service for their state. Like being a secondary package handler for packages sent from sponsors. Of course you wouldn't technically have knowledge of the contents, eliminating mens rea.

Only thought all this because DHL, FedEx, ups, etc have gotten away with mailing cocaine, heroine, pot, steroids, prescription pills, etc with absolute impunity by simply saying they have no knowledge of the contents of the packages they ship. This is gonna be interesting, especially since no fedex officers were charged. Seems like an empty endictment

Total bullshit, its just some bureaucrat looking to add to his resume and get a promotion.

How could anyone with a brain and conscience actually do that for a living, their war is unwinnable, they are losing horribly, the US has more people in jail than any other country and some fuck is spending 10's or hundreds of millions in taxpayer money to pad his resume. Makes me sick.

LOL

So will they go after their own US Mail next?

Yes there is no logic in that game. They know they are accomplishing nothing except racking up points for their next bureaucratic promotion. These are just parasites living off of large government. 100 times worse for society than a crackhead welfare fraudster.

Lol. The only possible endgame here is they are trying to make room for a completely antiquated and incompetent USPS to compete.

The USPS is a standalone organization. You think the FED government actually operates based on any kind of logic. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes there is no logic in that game. They know they are accomplishing nothing except racking up points for their next bureaucratic promotion. These are just parasites living off of large government. 100 times worse for society than a crackhead welfare fraudster.

The USPS is a standalone organization. You think the FED government actually operates based on any kind of logic. :rolleyes:
They are tied together financially. They claim to be standalone but are not. They want you to think that, but the truth is that your tax dollars are supporting that wasteful behemoth.

They are tied together financially. They claim to be standalone but are not. They want you to think that, but the truth is that your tax dollars are supporting that wasteful behemoth.

You think someone at the DEA gives a rats ass about the post office. The gov is so HUGE they might as well be on different planets. Why do you assume there is any logic in how the gov operates???

Personally I love the post office, think its one of if not the best service provided by the gov, with minimal tax dollars. I can think of 100 things the feds do that cost 100 times more and don't do shit for me like the post office does. Mailman delivered everything for last go around, thats service.

You think someone at the DEA gives a rats ass about the post office. The gov is so HUGE they might as well be on different planets. Why do you assume there is any logic in how the gov operates???

Personally I love the post office, think its one of if not the best service provided by the gov, with minimal tax dollars. I can think of 100 things the feds do that cost 100 times more and don't do shit for me like the post office does. Mailman delivered everything for last go around, thats service.
I think this conversation has gotten off track...not even sure who is saying what anymore.

Not that any of our opinions or conjectures mean anything in the scheme of things.

I hope everybody has a great weekend and you all receive lovely deliveries by whatever means you enjoy most.

TT

Fedex is USPS in SOME cases

USPS bundles their packages up on palettes and Fedex picks them up and ships them.

Yeah, that case has almost gotta go nowhere. Too many loopholes for Fed Ex's to lose the case, IMO. It'll just tighten things up a bit.

I don't think it's even about FedEx or US Post. I'd guess Pharma Lobby pushing the gov. to shut down their only competitor by proxy.

"...Drugs purchased from these sites may be diluted or counterfeit..."

Haha. No shit. Diluted? You mean, like "generics" from a pharmacy? Maybe. Counterfeit, thank God! I'd rather take 2 under-dosed allergy pills for 1$ than 1 real one for 20$. Those f'in jerks.

Luckily, our UG's aren't online pharmacies for the most part :)

Big pharma needs to cut out cheap generics. Govt doesn't mind helping them. Fdx makes too much money anyway in the govt eyes. This country is so ass backwards it's not funny.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear