advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Will we ever see this conditioning again?

football101

Registered
Will we ever see this type of conditioning again? I think if some top bodybuilders could bring this level to the O and maintain there size it would change the game.Pretty crazy.

Attachments

• am.jpg
    am.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,314
I hope not, I would rather guys be 10lbs softer and not die and attract negativity to the sport.

Quite common today... Most Middle-Eastern bodybuilders show up in competition like this.

tumblr_mjlxs0UcEm1reeylco1_1280.jpg

I will say the only reason his mythical condition is idolized is because he's passed away, unfortunate, but many guys come in diced, especially overseas

Branch Warren always has some crazy stupid conditioning.

Muntzer paid for that conditioning with his life. Screwed his sodium/potassium balance up so bad with diuretics, went into acute renal failure and never bounced back.

Branch Warren always has some crazy stupid conditioning.

Muntzer paid for that conditioning with his life. Screwed his sodium/potassium balance up so bad with diuretics, went into acute renal failure and never bounced back.

Was it from years of diuretic abuse or can you die from one time of taking it a bit too far with the diuretics?

Was it from years of diuretic abuse or can you die from one time of taking it a bit too far with the diuretics?

I believe diuretics kill acutely, like a drug od basically.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Most likely from the extreme nature that he took them during this contest prep. With out going into detail, diuretics alter the bodies electrolytes. Most notable sodium and potassium. When the body is extremely low or high on either then you can go into acute renal failure or in worst case scenario cardiac arrest. Once your postasium is extremely low or high it is VERY difficult to fix it bc you can't do it quickly. Giving potassium too quickly will result in cardiac arrest. This is why it's given as a drip instead of a bolus.

Just to show you how dangerous potassium is, postasium is the drug used during lethal injection (death penalty) that kills you. There's three drugs used during lethal injection. A sedative (typically a benzo such as Versed "Midozolam"), a paralytic, and postasium chloride.

Last edited:
Will we ever see this type of conditioning again? I think if some top bodybuilders could bring this level to the O and maintain there size it would change the game.Pretty crazy.

Clearly you don't know the back story to this or you probably would not ask something of the sort. You do know that Andreas Munzer's extreme measures killed him just days after the Arnold in the mid 90s?

Diuretics can kill you the first time you use them.

This can be true, but for the most part, diuretics are relatively safe to use for medical conditions. Lasix (furosemide) is very commonly given to treat hypertension and/or congestive heart failure patients. It's when a seemingly healthy person (bodybuilder) uses/abuses them is when they are very dangerous. Dehydration + diuretics is playing with fire. I would never in a million years use diuretics other than prescribed medical uses.

Diuretics weren't frowned upon at that point in time. Guys were dying(Muntzer and Momo), locking up on stage to where they had to be carried off(Paul Dillet). I'd hate to see a guy die again.

Diuretics weren't frowned upon at that point in time. Guys were dying(Muntzer and Momo), locking up on stage to where they had to be carried off(Paul Dillet). I'd hate to see a guy die again.

I took a dyazide one time when I was very lean to see how I would react to it. When it finally kicked in real good I couldn't flex my abs without cramping up and being locked in that position, scared the shit out of me.

I assume most competitors are probably using some type of diuretic still today. How do these guys avoid locking up like that?

You know what pisses me off when it comes to diuretics? The way those corrupt idiots at the ifbb took away Nassars placing and DQed him from the olympia because he failed the diuretics test. Total BS.

I took a dyazide one time when I was very lean to see how I would react to it. When it finally kicked in real good I couldn't flex my abs without cramping up and being locked in that position, scared the shit out of me.

I assume most competitors are probably using some type of diuretic still today. How do these guys avoid locking up like that?

Salt, electrolytes... and not taking too much diuretic.

You know what pisses me off when it comes to diuretics? The way those corrupt idiots at the ifbb took away Nassars placing and DQed him from the olympia because he failed the diuretics test. Total BS.

Wait, what?! I never knew they drug tested any of the IFBB contests. That is complete bull shit! :banghead:

Taurine pulls water into the muscle cell. It's the only thing that kept me going on stage at my last show because I stupidly took more lasix and hydrochlorothiazide than I can remember.

Quite common today... Most Middle-Eastern bodybuilders show up in competition like this.

tumblr_mjlxs0UcEm1reeylco1_1280.jpg

ive seen this all over egypt. how the fuck? ill tell you how.

arab money

cramping is an ever present issue when your that dry. i try emergnC packs pre and post workout. my theory is that the vit c with a good BCAA supp and SALTY BACON help me from cramping.

easy on the bacon tho

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity