over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Perfect Tortillas how much protein?

aj1198

Newbies
Hey guys. I was hoping to get some opinions on what you would consider the perfect tortilla, if you like tortillas but don't eat them because they don't fit into your diet what kind of tortilla would change that? For me its the low protein content and if there were tortillas with 15g of protein in it I'd eat more of them.

Example:

Whole Wheat Tortillas 8"

15g protien
2g fat
0g saturated
0g trans

200mg sodium
8g carb
8g fiber

do you guys think tortillas with 30g of protien in each is too much protein?

Thanks for the feedback bro's.

AJ

Attachments

• whole wheat tortillas.JPG
    whole wheat tortillas.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 252
Are you planning on producing a high protein tortilla? Why are you asking this?

Yes that is exactly what I'm investigating at this time.

You would be using some sort of protein powder to achieve your protein content goals I assume? I've played with this too and getting the right consistency is difficult.

To answer your question though. 30g is not too much, but I think making a single tortilla with that much protein is going to be very difficult. I would shoot for 15-20g, more realistic I think.

if it is 15-30 grams from wheat sources, i think you are wasting your time

My life would be complete!! Seriously. :lightbulb:

Thank you all very much for being responsive to my first post. I have been a member here for years but I've never felt the need to post when the board has a search button with a million answers, so thank you all very much!

I would like to use WPC 80% but might have to use WPI instead.

I would like to post a poll to see what amount of protein per tortilla is preferred.

15g , 20g, 25g, 30g

after I know what protein content is preferred, I would then be able to post and ask if the nutritional facts contents are acceptable or if i need to change the recipe because of the carb/fiber content. the fat content will be kept as low as possible, preferrably "zero".

My life would be complete!! Seriously. :lightbulb:

I feel the same way I love tortillas but hate the low protein content of the tortillas sold in stores. I'd really like to make some high protein tortillas and start to offer them here on the forum. Freshly made & packaged, labeled and sealed ready to ship at an affordable price! I'm a bodybuilder like the majority of us here on PM so It's got to be affordable, taste good and have what the label claims!

I'm just stumped on how many grams of protein would be best. I know some of us might want to eat 2 tortillas with some chicken so a 15g protein tortilla would be good because after the 2 tortillas and the chicken you are probably around 50-60g of protein depending on how much chicken you put into them.

but there is something about a 30g protein tortilla that rings a bell!:) They would be good for low carb diets.

would anyone like to post their opinion about how much protein you would like to have wheat tortillas contain?

P28 makes a high protein flatbread, not sure what the nutritional facts are but I'd be curious to try something like this if it was available at a local store.

I used to buy protein pasta, so I'm sure you could make this.

P28 makes a high protein flatbread, not sure what the nutritional facts are but I'd be curious to try something like this if it was available at a local store.

scrapper13 thanx for the response.

The issue is that the stores are interested in carrying lower protein content, cheaper foods that the general public will buy. The stores make contracts with the companies who distribute foods at wholesale costs to them but what I didn't know is that some of these contracts state that if the food doesn't sell the company has to come pick it back up and pay the store shelf space rent for the food that didn't sell. So its a tough deal to get tortillas with 30g of protein into a stores shelf space because the general public will not pay 2.5 times the price for high protien tortillas vs store brand with no nutritional value.

scrapper13 thanx for the response.

The issue is that the stores are interested in carrying lower protein content, cheaper foods that the general public will buy. The stores make contracts with the companies who distribute foods at wholesale costs to them but what I didn't know is that some of these contracts state that if the food doesn't sell the company has to come pick it back up and pay the store shelf space rent for the food that didn't sell. So its a tough deal to get tortillas with 30g of protein into a stores shelf space because the general public will not pay 2.5 times the price for high protien tortillas vs store brand with no nutritional value.

See I would be willing to pay 2.5 times the price but what I'm not willing to do is pay 10 dollars shipping on a loaf of bread or whatever which is why I don't order any of these products

See I would be willing to pay 2.5 times the price but what I'm not willing to do is pay 10 dollars shipping on a loaf of bread or whatever which is why I don't order any of these products

Right nor do I want to thats why I've never ordered P28 products.

I'd do free shipping on orders if possible. If the customer buys $15 worth of product I wouldn't be able to pay UPS shipping fees and keep the business working but if the customer ordered $30 I would eat the UPS fees and ship free. For large orders it would be free shipping and free product.

thanks for the replies. I'll figure it out and get a banner set up here thru BIGA. Ill do what i got to do to make it worth the members while to buy my products even if that means breaking even on the business for the first 6 months to a year as long as the members are happy and the company name is in good standing, I will be open and stay open for the long haul. Lets see what happens.

If you guys that are lurking the forum and see this thread like tortillas, please post a number

15 or 20 or 25 or 30 grams of protein per tortilla or whatever amount you want to see.

thanks brothers

Aj

30g if it tasted good, but would settle for 15g. Still a great amount for a tortilla ;)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws