over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

doing squats with 2 artificial hips

prostock

Registered
58 old and can finally do 3 sets of smith squats for 3 sets of 8 @ 275... any ideas on how to put some size back on them ? Frustrateing

Is that really the best idea? Has your doc given you the OK to do squats? If size of your legs is a concern could you build them up with leg extensions and curls high volume? Most hip replacements have a lifetime so the more wear you put on them the sooner they will need to be replaced. This is coming from someone who is 30 years old and I've already had a hip surgery on each side. I've had to alter my workouts but quality of life to me is the most important.

im 35 years old with a good set of legs but smith squats always made my knees sore. hopefully someone here has some experience and can help you but it might be a good idea to talk with a physiotherapist or something.

I would error on the side of caution with two artificial hips. Have you tried belt squats?

There are tons of exercises to build thick legs without sacrificing your new hips. Why would you squat? Your lucky you don't dislocate you hips damn. To each their own. I would do one leg squats. Start with 1/4 reps and work your way lower to 1/2 reps. Or do one leg squats lowering yourself from a stair. Try to stress the muscle without putting pressure through those new hips. Would you rather have hip pain and a second surgery to squat? Train smarter not harder.

Is that really the best idea? Has your doc given you the OK to do squats? If size of your legs is a concern could you build them up with leg extensions and curls high volume? Most hip replacements have a lifetime so the more wear you put on them the sooner they will need to be replaced. This is coming from someone who is 30 years old and I've already had a hip surgery on each side. I've had to alter my workouts but quality of life to me is the most important.

Agreed, I had a replacement 11 years ago,and yes I have lost muscle that I never gained back, at 1 point I spent about a year doing squats trying to regain my quads, its not worth it,i just cant see your doc giving you the green light to perform squats, that 285 is putting a hell of a lot of stress on your hips, you are going to have to alter and work around your condition, some good ideas in this thread,what is your replacement? metal on metal? metal on poly,ceramic on poly? etc?

Well, when my ortho doc has mentioned shoulder replacements to me, he said I could still train but I would need to train much lighter. I would think the same principle applies here. Just don't overdo it. I would find ways to stress the muscle without heavy weight, hi-reps and the wear that would impose on your new implants.

Hope you are pain-free now! :)

Well, when my ortho doc has mentioned shoulder replacements to me, he said I could still train but I would need to train much lighter. I would think the same principle applies here. Just don't overdo it. I would find ways to stress the muscle without heavy weight, hi-reps and the wear that would impose on your new implants.

Hope you are pain-free now! :)

Sounds like the way to go. The lighter the better.

My friend does them with resurfaced hips. He competes I'm strong man, he's pretty crazy. I think he needs to get one resurfaced again.

Sounds to me like you are doing fantastic right now.

My friend does them with resurfaced hips. He competes I'm strong man, he's pretty crazy. I think he needs to get one resurfaced again.

I'm not so sure they can resurface the hips a second time, might be a full replacement for him next.

225lbs is not a bad squat, especially with your limitations.

I'm not so sure they can resurface the hips a second time, might be a full replacement for him next.

Yeah he doesn't even have insurance. I think the doctors in the past had either done them pro bono or made due with shitty insurance he had. He only sleeps a few hours a night because he trains people all day and still can't afford insurance. He also has bad knees. Deca and test made a huge difference for him.

Yeah he doesn't even have insurance. I think the doctors in the past had either done them pro bono or made due with shitty insurance he had. He only sleeps a few hours a night because he trains people all day and still can't afford insurance. He also has bad knees. Deca and test made a huge difference for him.

Reading stuff like that makes me appreciate the benefits I get from my job even though I don't care for my job. How old is your friend? Sounds like he may need to change careers because he's driving himself deeper into the ground in a field where being active is essential.

I always forget his age. I'm 31 and he has a son my age. I'm gonna guess 55. He's an ex fighter. He also has a torn labrum on his shoulder that gives out when he benches.
No joke he could barely walk up and down stairs before the deca and test. Like he would use the same leg to walk up every stair.
A month laster he's deadlifting like 400. He might be doing more damage but he lives for strong man now. I don't think he could give it up.

I don't know about squats but had my left hip replaced and doing leg presses with loads of success. gaining most of my size back and getting strong. As long as you do slow controlled med weight you may be alright.

Eddie Coan just squatted 690x3 a few weeks ago. He had both hips replaced some years backs.

Never say never. Never let go.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lGSuoIJOiY"]Ed Coan squats 312.5kg x 3 PTC HQ - YouTube[/ame]

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131