over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

bodybuilder goes crossfit

Great program, I just can't get passed the whole group based cult thing.
i understand. ive been doing crossfit for ~6 years. i laugh at some of the clowns that show up all dressed up in their crossfit attire and dont have a fucking clue. however there are a bunch of serious competing athletes at my gym. i have a few friends competing in the games as i type. 2 of them finished first in the world last year in their age groups.

Different strokes for different folks man. Cross fit is basically a hybrid of bodybuilding and athletics. They're never gonna be as big as body builders and they're never gonna be as athletic as pro athletes in other sports, but if people enjoy it that's all that matters.

SO I can be 5-6% doing crossfit eating Subway, Taco Bell, and KFC? Does Crossfit require a course of psychedelics as well?

rocky was the first to do crossfit.
the cool 80's montage in rocky iv clearly proves this.
it helped him beat drago, so it must work.

My take on crossfit gyms is that the quality is determined by the coaches. I've seen some ran by little cardio queens that are more like cheer leading coaches that think if they ra ra the members enough somehow they'll get results.

On the other hand the one in my small town currently is ran by an old power lifter who knows his shit and it show in his members.

I can appreciate all styles of productive lifting. Crossfit is not new, it simply has a new name. It works for specific goals.

MY specific goal is to be strong enough to defend my family should I ever be called to do so. But I also applaud the average crossfitter who is athletic enough to jump over 3 boxes and climb a fence to run and go get help while his family is attacked.

I can appreciate all styles of productive lifting. Crossfit is not new, it simply has a new name. It works for specific goals.

MY specific goal is to be strong enough to defend my family should I ever be called to do so. But I also applaud the average crossfitter who is athletic enough to jump over 3 boxes and climb a fence to run and go get help while his family is attacked.

i dont know why but this made me laugh

Quite frankly I find many of their movements and exercises dangerous and calling for problems. I used to do circuit training as a kick boxer however it didn't involve jerk like movements. I agree with the cult like status.

MY specific goal is to be strong enough to defend my family should I ever be called to do so.
this made me laugh. so, you just need to be strong to defend your family?
in that case i should be good to go.

back squat 425
front squat 385
deadlift 500
bench 335 (i dont even train for this!)
snatch 225
clean 295
power clean 275
push press 275x2

im 43 years old and have been doing crossfit exclusively for ~6 years.

my specific goal is to be strong, eat like i like to eat, drink like i like to drink and stay in single digits year around. i have no fear of not being able to defend my wife and kids. none.

Isn't going from Bodybuilding to crossfit like a man getting a sex change:D

Isn't going from Bodybuilding to crossfit like a man getting a sex change:D
yes, they make a change from having sex with their hand (im sure you are familiar) to having sex with hot women all the time.

MY specific goal is to be strong enough to defend my family should I ever be called to do so.

That's what owning a gun cabinet full of military grade weapons is for lol

back squat 425
front squat 385
deadlift 500
snatch 225
clean 295
power clean 275
push press 275x2

my specific goal is to be strong, eat like i like to eat, drink like i like to drink and stay in single digits year around. i have no fear of not being able to defend my wife and kids. none.

Nice work. Not quite as bad ass as Rocky, but well on your way!

i am going to thy this crossfit on tuesday. and thinking doing this for 3-6 month if i like it to see if this gets me in better quicker shape..

how offen do you work you Wizim?

Congrats, you look suitably able to defend your family. The average crossfitter does not....at least not one of the couple hundred that fill my Facebook newsfeed daily. Just curious, because you look like a bigger guy, are those your 1RM's?

back squat 425
front squat 385
deadlift 500
snatch 225
clean 295
power clean 275
push press 275x2

back squat 425
front squat 385
deadlift 500
snatch 225
clean 295
power clean 275
push press 275x2

Those are some real good numbers and you look awesome.

That being said, I have different goals in mind, thats ok. And yeah lol at the defending the family, my big ass could fight but I would much rather be your size and fitness level in a scrap.
My goals are to be 'bodybuilder big' to have a competitive look- and cross fit would impede that.
Too each his own, I have nothing personal against cross fitters.
But just as bodybuilders have some real ass clowns amongst the ranks, many of those condescending douchebags that call themselves cross fitters can suck it.
They come off with all this rude shit about what I can't do that they can.
I have things that I can do that they cannot, who really gives a birds testicle who can do what?
My favorite is when I get psychoanalyzed by them -that I am just an 'ego trainer'- what a fucking laugh, most of the cross fitters are no different in that sense.
Like I said theres some real clowns in bodybuilding, or I should say fucktards who call themselves bodybuilders, and its the same in cross fit, some really douchey doods and doodettes.
But I digress, you look good and have some impressive lifts.

Last edited:
CrossFit is a trend/fad and the fitness industry is looking to cash in. The top CrossFit competitors don't even do the official CrossFit workouts and the guy who invented was never an Olympic competitor.

Why is CrossFit good:
People actually realize the value in barbell exercises.
Women lift real weight and understand it's significant value for body composition compared to cardio (which was doing nothing for them).

Why is CrossFit bad:
Lots of people who don't hold any degree or have knowledge in anatomy and physiology plop down a few bucks for a weekend and are "certified" and open their own CrossFit gym.

I'd like to see the orthopedic bill on these individual's joints in a few years.

It's cool for the hipster/new-age crowd who don't want to powerlift or bodybuild but want to compete and be strong. If you've noticed, T-Nation and EliteFTS are really starting to cater to the CrossFit crowd. And Westside has their own line showing up on Rogue fitness. It's a rough economy out there and you have to include CrossFit whether you think it's a bad or good thing. Any new revenue stream is quite welcomed.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131