advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Piana finally hits the nail squarely on the head in this video...

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
100% Agreed.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA1Zu7fagag"]THE FITNESS INDUSTRY IS FUCKING ALL THE BODYBUILDERS - Rich Piana - YouTube[/ame]

In the UK we pay £25 for a years membership to one of the main organisations (NABBA) and then can compete in any show over the next year for free. That's still a complete rip-off in my view.

Rich makes a really good point, but promoters and organisers of any amateur shows will never listen too this, the sound of coins dropping into their pockets is too loud.

In the UK we pay £25 for a years membership to one of the main organisations (NABBA) and then can compete in any show over the next year for free. That's still a complete rip-off in my view.

Rich makes a really good point, but promoters and organisers of any amateur shows will never listen too this, the sound of coins dropping into their pockets is too loud.

thats nothing... that seems like a great price... how is that a rip off?

in the US you have to register with the NPC (every year) for $120

then every show you enter is another $75-150, plus any crossover fees

Spot on
I love how he says whatever he wants cause he could give a rats ass about competing....greedy mother fuckers

hell even prowrestlers get paid for a bumfuck bar show.

Seems like a great opportunity for a group of high profile bodybuilders to start their own organization and treat the athletes right while taking the sport to new heights.

Most people think along the lines of I had to bend over and take it now its your turn. I love Piana hes no bullshit, tells it like he sees it. World would be a better place with more like him.

Who actually runs and profits from the shows?

Last edited:
The money promoters are making now is even crazier.

With all of the new classes the amount of competitors has only increased.

Don't think it will ever change, and a new federation won't happen because no one is going to abandon their pro card to go to anther federation. It would be political suicide.

The amount of money competitors make whether pro or amateur is a joke. I don't care how taboo the sport is to the mass public, money is being made just not distributed. Not to mention the incredible amount of politics that are involved.

thats nothing... that seems like a great price... how is that a rip off?

in the US you have to register with the NPC (every year) for $120

then every show you enter is another $75-150, plus any crossover fees

Aren't National shows a few hundred to enter? And of course higher priced tickets for fans/friends/family/spectators. As said, with the new classes and everyone wanting to have their 60 seconds of stage fame because its the "cool" thing to do now....and the supporters they bring..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Give current pros a new procard in the organization and maybe give all pros some monetary stake and voting voice(even just for electing board) in the new organization and I think you might be surprised. Also an idea would be to set up systems within the organization that would assist pros in monetizing their status. I'd say the skys the limit as long as you can keep individual egos in check. If you give more people a stake it will strengthen the whole and the dollars will multiply.

Right now it appears a small group is reaping the benefits which in turn is limiting the opportunities for everyone and for the sport.

Aren't National shows a few hundred to enter? And of course higher priced tickets for fans/friends/family/spectators. As said, with the new classes and everyone wanting to have their 60 seconds of stage fame because its the "cool" thing to do now....and the supporters they bring..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Master Nationals 974 male competitors in all divisions, well over 1000 with crossovers x $200 entry fee per division. Pre judging $30, ngiht show either $60 or $70, and "backstage" trainer pass $100 plus a ticket. Add in the women as well.

Heres the thing both of my sisters competed in 2 completely different "sports".
One was an Olympic competing black belt in karate/Hopkito and the other was a barrel racer and showed horses. My parents spent 1000's on both of them hundreds on entry fees and the other shit that went along with it.

My point is at any amateur and even some Olympic levels athletes are always going to ripped off and have to pay to play. It is what it is.

On top of everything he said the judging and herding of the athletes backstage is getting worse.
I did shows where competitors had to oil each other up, no expeditor worth a shit. One certain promoter I won't name really fucks the athletes -puts stresses on them and then only awards his clients any placement worth a fuck.
Every other promoter was giving swords, axes and big trophies this jackleg gave me something looked like an copper colored action figure, its laughable on the shelf next to the other trophies and my sword.
I could go on, but as an former athlete the last thing you want is to be stressed out at the show by a lack of smooth expediting and program format- not too mention the other shit.

On top of everything he said the judging and herding of the athletes backstage is getting worse.
I did shows where competitors had to oil each other up, no expeditor worth a shit. One certain promoter I won't name really fucks the athletes -puts stresses on them and then only awards his clients any placement worth a fuck.
Every other promoter was giving swords, axes and big trophies this jackleg gave me something looked like an copper colored action figure, its laughable on the shelf next to the other trophies and my sword.
I could go on, but as an former athlete the last thing you want is to be stressed out at the show by a lack of smooth expediting and program format- not too mention the other shit.

Why wouldn't you name the promoter? No one knows who you are on here...you wont be punished?

Why wouldn't you name the promoter? No one knows who you are on here...you wont be punished?

People absolutely know who I am, just because you don't doesn't mean a thing.
Not that I am anyone special but my info was put out there a long time back by some shady ass fucks.
I have enough enemies without pissing those people off, never know the consequences of some shit you write on a forum thats out there forever for people to read and re-post, re-print.

People absolutely know who I am, just because you don't doesn't mean a thing.
Not that I am anyone special but my info was put out there a long time back by some shady ass fucks.
I have enough enemies without pissing those people off, never know the consequences of some shit you write on a forum thats out there forever for people to read and re-post, re-print.

My bad...didn't know you weren't super anonymous.

My bad...didn't know you weren't super anonymous.

Lets just put it this way, my little vacation with the federal government had a lot to do with people spreading my info all over the intereweb.

Its an extreme example but the shit you say on a forum is out there from here until eternity barring getting a mod to delete it, and even then you never know whos watching and copy and pasting.

But thats another story for another time - back to the topic and Rich's vid.

well, no wonder they do gay 4 pay....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwi212