over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

test levels-confused?

warlock

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi guys,

About 10 weeks ago I got my test levels checked through my doctor. My free testosterone was 330.

2 days ago I got test levels checked again through a different lab and the free testosterone came out to 16.9 (range is 8.7 to 25.1 pg/mL).

I am confused as to the readings. I am assuming it is a different metrical system, but does anyone know how to interpret 16.9 compared to 330?

I know 330 was supposed to be great. I am on a small dose of TRT.

Thank you

330 is supposed to be great?
what are the reference values there? cant make a statement here without reference values.
if its the standard range up to 1500 thing then 330 is actually pretty damn low.

different labs use different reference values.

16.9 on a reference range of 8.7 to 25.1 is totally average obviously.

^^^^^ This.....330 sucks.

I do not have the range reference for the 330, but I remember being told they were great for someone that was on 140mg of test. After that blood work, I cut down the trt to 60-80mg weekly and just got the levels tested again. They came out at 16.9 and I know the range is from 8.7 to 25.1, but I wonder how it compares to the 330.

Actually, I believe you are interpreting the lab results incorrectly. Here are results of one of my previous tests from LabCorp:

testosterone, free/tot equilib

Test High Reference Range Units

% free testosterone 4.67 1.50-4.20 %
testosterone,free 277.63 5.00-21.00 ng/dL
testosterone, serum 5945 348-1197 ng/dL

I am assuming the 330 is the Free Testosterone level, I'm not sure about the 16.9 without looking at the results. it may be % of Free Testosterone or your actual Free Testosterone level took a dramatic turn in 2 days. Note that nowhere in your post did you state a Testosterone Serum Level. That would be interesting to see.

This is what the test says:

Testosterone, Free+Total LC/MS

Testosterone, Total, LC/MS 599.8 (result) 348.0-1197.0 ng/dL (reference)
Free Testosterone(Direct) 16.9 (result) 8.7-25.1 pg/mL (reference)

Thank you everyone that is chiming in :)

Last edited:
This is what the test says:

Testosterone, Free+Total LC/MS

Testosterone, Total, LC/MS 599.8 (result) 348.0-1197.0 ng/dL (reference)
Free Testosterone(Direct) 16.9 (result) 8.7-25.1 pg/mL (reference)

Thank you everyone that is chiming in :)

I'm not a Doctor, but if I was, I would look at these levels after putting you on TRT and say the numbers are just about where I would want them to be,

Hi guys,

About 10 weeks ago I got my test levels checked through my doctor. My free testosterone was 330.

2 days ago I got test levels checked again through a different lab and the free testosterone came out to 16.9 (range is 8.7 to 25.1 pg/mL).

I am confused as to the readings. I am assuming it is a different metrical system, but does anyone know how to interpret 16.9 compared to 330?

I know 330 was supposed to be great. I am on a small dose of TRT.

Thank you

BTW, 330 is measured in ng/dl - nanograms/deciliters
and the 16.9 is measured in pg/ml - pictogram/milliliter

To confuse you more, follow this link for a conversion tool
pg/mL to ng/dL Converter, Chart -- EndMemo

Actually, I believe you are interpreting the lab results incorrectly. Here are results of one of my previous tests from LabCorp:

testosterone, free/tot equilib

Test High Reference Range Units

% free testosterone 4.67 1.50-4.20 %
testosterone,free 277.63 5.00-21.00 ng/dL
testosterone, serum 5945 348-1197 ng/dL

I am assuming the 330 is the Free Testosterone level, I'm not sure about the 16.9 without looking at the results. it may be % of Free Testosterone or your actual Free Testosterone level took a dramatic turn in 2 days. Note that nowhere in your post did you state a Testosterone Serum Level. That would be interesting to see.

would be funny if he had 330 free test from just HRT, LOL.
these are values from AT LEAST 500mg test obviously.

Thanks man. I am still confused though. lol

The conversion does not make sense.

doesnt really matter, all that matters is your value and the reference range. youre right on average which is good for true hrt

would be funny if he had 330 free test from just HRT, LOL.
these are values from AT LEAST 500mg test obviously

No, it is not funny but the plain truth. I was on 200mg of test for a few months at 100mg twice a week. My total test levels were 655 and my free test was 220. After that, I decided to follow Emeric's suggestions and began taking 20mg every day totaling 140mg a week. My test levels came out at 961 and my free test was 330. This is with the same exact test brand I was using.

My estrogen levels were a bit high so I decided to do 20mg of test every other day (same test brand as before) for the past 10 weeks. My total test is now 599.8 while my free test is 16.9.

I know what is most important for us is the free test. This is why I am trying to find out how 16.9 compares to the 330 that I had before.

they probably made a mistake measuring that.
or have odd reference ranges.

imo there is NO WAY, i repeat NO WAY you had free test levels of 330 or even 1/3 of your total test level on 140mg a week.

and then again NO WAY that your free test levels dropped by 95% just by halving your weekly test dose.

no way.

imo there is NO WAY, i repeat NO WAY you had free test levels of 330 or even 1/3 of your total test level on 140mg a week.

and then again NO WAY that your free test levels dropped by 95% just by halving your weekly test dose.

no way.

I know it sounds odd, but that is what the blood work shows. I never thought about it being a mistake.

As far as free test dropping 95%, I think it was measured out with a different metric system like racepicks has pointed out.

no way.

Not to beat a dead horse, but his issue is that the first time he had his Free Testosterone level checked he scored a 330 ng/dl.

The next time he had his Free Testosterone level checked, at a different lab, he scored a 16.9 pg/ml.

He was wondering how to convert from ng/dl to pg/ml. I sent him a conversion link and it only confuses the issue even further.

Not to beat a dead horse, but his issue is that the first time he had his Free Testosterone level checked he scored a 330 ng/dl.

The next time he had his Free Testosterone level checked, at a different lab, he scored a 16.9 pg/ml.

He was wondering how to convert from ng/dl to pg/ml. I sent him a conversion link and it only confuses the issue even further.

You are correct in what I am looking for. The link/calculator you provided confuses me because it shows that 16.9 pg/ml equals 1690 ng/dL. That is was higher than the 330 ng/dL which does not make sense. I expect the current free test to be a little lower than 330, but not that much lower.

No, it is not funny but the plain truth. I was on 200mg of test for a few months at 100mg twice a week. My total test levels were 655 and my free test was 220. After that, I decided to follow Emeric's suggestions and began taking 20mg every day totaling 140mg a week. My test levels came out at 961 and my free test was 330. This is with the same exact test brand I was using.

My estrogen levels were a bit high so I decided to do 20mg of test every other day (same test brand as before) for the past 10 weeks. My total test is now 599.8 while my free test is 16.9.

I know what is most important for us is the free test. This is why I am trying to find out how 16.9 compares to the 330 that I had before.

Taking in consideration that you are taking only 80mg per week your test levels is still in good range. Don`t go back to 140mg yet.For the next 4 weeks I would go to 105mg (15mg every day)per week with the Humanofort protocol, and have a new test. Than when you have the results call me.

What type of lab assay was used for both free testosterone draws, ie: Direct immunoassay, Centrifugal ultrafiltration, Equilibrium dialysis or Calculated free testosterone <-- Total testosterone/SHBG/Albumin=Free testosterone.

If it was a direct immunnassay measurement; these are known to be inaccurate, giving a false indication of free testosterone values in comparison to the other's listed. If you had two different assays pulled. This would more than likely be inaccurate, as each has their own method of analysis.

In all honesty, I wouldn't put to much emphasis on trying to understand the differentials of two separate lab's. In a clinical setting, if a physician had two sets of assays from two different lab's similar to yours, they would toss one or the other and use the same lab on both assays. Then compare, if a comparisons was warranted.

Last edited:
What type of lab assay was used for both free testosterone draws, ie: Direct immunoassay, Centrifugal ultrafiltration, Equilibrium dialysis or Calculated free testosterone <-- Total testosterone/SHBG/Albumin=Free testosterone.

If it was a direct immunnassay measurement; these are known to be inaccurate, giving a false indication of free testosterone values in comparison to the other's listed. If you had two different assays pulled. This would more than likely be inaccurate, as each has their own method of analysis.

In all honesty, I wouldn't put to much emphasis on trying to understand the differentials of two separate lab's. In a clinical setting, if a physician had two sets of assays from two different lab's similar to yours, they would toss one or the other and use the same lab on both assays. Then compare, if a comparisons was warranted.

Thanks Stewie for chiming in. To be honest, I do not know what lab assay was used.

I am going to follow Emeric's suggestion and repeat blood work through the same lab in 4 weeks. I can then compare and go from there.

Thanks everyone who chimed in :)

Can you point me to the Humanofort protocol???

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

330 does sound low. My buddy had his checked recently and it was 1500 and thats the highest it goes so his must have been much higher than the highest reading you could get. lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws